News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GR Toys - New For 2021

Started by Over9K, January 05, 2021, 07:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyster

Quote from: dinofelid on December 28, 2021, 06:45:38 PM
Quote from: Fembrogon on December 28, 2021, 04:49:47 PM
Resin is pliable? Huh, somehow I had it in my head that resin tended to be hard and rigid.

I interpreted Leyster to be saying it's hardly pliable (or not at all pliable), since they were saying "I think so" to GigantosaurusFan's question about whether their very pliable Carcharodontosaurus toy was an "outlier". My Carcharodontosaurus is a little pliable on the thin part of the tail but otherwise very rigid.
Yeah sorry that's what I meant, blasted language barriers  ;D. It's a very hard and unpliable PVC.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Sim

V @vampiredesign, will GR Toys be releasing a new figure soon?  I have their Carcharodontosaurus and love it!  I'd like to have more from GR Toys. :)  I shared what species I'd like to see from GR Toys, here are some more I'd like:

Tuojiangosaurus - PNSO's medium-sized version is inaccurate and unappealing to me.  I imagine GR Toys could make a beautiful Tuojiangosaurus.  I would like it if it had a similar colouration to the small PNSO Tuojiangosaurus which is shown below.
  (Image source)

Hesperosaurus - I think GR Toys could make a wonderful pair of Hesperosaurus which show the sexual dimorphism in their plates (shown below).  Hesperosaurus has also never been made into a figure.
  (Image source)

Kentrosaurus - I imagine GR Toys would make a stunning Kentrosaurus!
  (Image source)

Mantellisaurus - I don't like the posture of the CollectA version.
  (Image source)

But what I'd like the most from GR Toys is still Austroraptor.
  (Image source)

DragonRider02

A new photos of Quetzalcoatlus have showed up on Facebook few days ago. I am surprised no one here is talking about it.

Flaffy

Quote from: DragonRider02 on January 06, 2022, 01:13:16 AM
A new photos of Quetzalcoatlus have showed up on Facebook few days ago. I am surprised no one here is talking about it.

Link? Or pics?

DragonRider02

Quote from: Flaffy on January 06, 2022, 01:14:08 AM

Link? Or pics?
https://www.facebook.com/2331852817042641/posts/3230279593866621/

Apperently there's a whole contest coming along with the figure!

Flaffy

Quote from: DragonRider02 on January 06, 2022, 01:26:13 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on January 06, 2022, 01:14:08 AM

Link? Or pics?
https://www.facebook.com/2331852817042641/posts/3230279593866621/

Apperently there's a whole contest coming along with the figure!

Thanks! I'll attach the pics below:

ZoPteryx

Not bad, not bad at all!  Body might be a smidge large, but otherwise it looks very accurate.  This is probably the best mass produced standing/walking Quetz yet produced.  :))

vampiredesign

Quote from: Sim on January 05, 2022, 11:46:46 PM
V @vampiredesign, will GR Toys be releasing a new figure soon?  I have their Carcharodontosaurus and love it!  I'd like to have more from GR Toys. :)  I shared what species I'd like to see from GR Toys, here are some more I'd like:

Tuojiangosaurus - PNSO's medium-sized version is inaccurate and unappealing to me.  I imagine GR Toys could make a beautiful Tuojiangosaurus.  I would like it if it had a similar colouration to the small PNSO Tuojiangosaurus which is shown below.
  (Image source)

Hesperosaurus - I think GR Toys could make a wonderful pair of Hesperosaurus which show the sexual dimorphism in their plates (shown below).  Hesperosaurus has also never been made into a figure.
  (Image source)

Kentrosaurus - I imagine GR Toys would make a stunning Kentrosaurus!
  (Image source)

Mantellisaurus - I don't like the posture of the CollectA version.
  (Image source)

But what I'd like the most from GR Toys is still Austroraptor.
  (Image source)
I'm very sorry. I've been busy recently. I can't upload more pictures here at present. Besides my work, there are many dinosaur models to sort out. In China, we are also busy with live broadcast models recently, and plan to do more video sharing. Let's wait for more models.

Sim

Thanks for the update vampiredesign, I look forward to more models from GR Toys.  I have to admit I'm now interested in the GR Toys Tyrannosaurus, I don't have a T. rex in my collection anymore and if it's as good as the GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus I think I'll get it.  As much as I like pterosaurs, I don't like azhdarchids so I won't be getting the Quetzalcoatlus.

With the update on the Quetzalcoatlus I think it's a good time to start a GR Toys new for 2022 thread.  I would do it but I don't use any image hosting website, so unless someone provides the pictures from a site other than Facebook, I wouldn't be able to add images to the first post.

Shonisaurus

How cool, does anyone know if there is any EU company that sells these GR Toys figures? He would be interested in the dicreosaurus and the quetzalcoatlus. The carcharodontosaurus is pretty but you can wait, I'm happy with the ones I have from Collecta or Safari to give two examples and in my case I can't cover all the figures from each company unfortunately, although I like the two paint versions of the carcharodontosaurus from GR Toys and I think it is a figure superior to the ones I have in my collection, unfortunately for me.

This quetzalcoatlus is a much more elegant figure than the rest of the figures of this curious pterosaur on all fours from my point of view, although I would like it to form a "herd" with its Collecta or Papo counterparts. By the way, there is a version of the tyrannosaurus rex that even surpasses its counterparts from PNSO and Rebor by giving two examples in quality, I can't wait to see the prototype of the tyrannosaurus rex or its promotional photo.

But as Sim says that figure should be included in the 2022 dinosaur news thread.

Concavenator

Anyone knows if GR Toys figures are limited-edition or something? On AliExpress, I have noticed the Carcharodontosaurus is getting increasingly rare to find... the blue version at least.

There's also a comment Plastic Prehistorica made in this video, minute 1:52 approximately, where she mentioned these figures are quite difficult to get, and I don't understand why she said that:

Because of these reasons, I have been wondering if their figures are limited edition or if they are mass-produced as, say, Safari, CollectA, PNSO...

Fembrogon

Heads up: My Online Toy Store has the blue carch in stock (with or without box), and at a nice sale price too:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802192627687.html

shahinos

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 27, 2023, 03:45:16 PMHeads up: My Online Toy Store has the blue carch in stock (with or without box), and at a nice sale price too:

Thanks, had to order it. So much better looking than the PNSO version!

SidB

Quote from: shahinos on February 27, 2023, 05:38:13 PM
Quote from: Fembrogon on February 27, 2023, 03:45:16 PMHeads up: My Online Toy Store has the blue carch in stock (with or without box), and at a nice sale price too:

Thanks, had to order it. So much better looking than the PNSO version!
Strongly tempted!

Over9K

Quote from: SidB on February 27, 2023, 06:26:11 PMStrongly tempted!

Do it. It's a gorgeous figure. All the cool kids have it... you DO want to be one of the cool kids... right? It'll make your collection look more grown up and sophisticated. Any of this peer-pressure working for you? No? How about this...

SidB

avatar_Over9K @Over9K , that pic, now that's pressure!

Fembrogon

I'm sorely tempted to get a second just to have both variants, but I don't know if that's truly enough justification...  :))

SidB

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 28, 2023, 05:41:25 AMI'm sorely tempted to get a second just to have both variants, but I don't know if that's truly enough justification...  :))
I'm equivocating, because I already have the PNSO one, a fine piece. Yes, the GR is apparently better, but do I really need another of a theropod, no matter how beautiful a sculpt it is, of a genus that is not my absolute favorite. Then there's the space issue (it's not infinite) and the reality that I just ordered the new PNSO Giganotosaurus. Still, it probably won't get any cheaper and it is a winner ... . I have the Dicraeosaurus in one variant, but then decided to stop there, the same thing that you are weighing, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon.

Leyster

If I can offer my two cents, it's really a looker, it's probably the most beautifully factory painted figure I own.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SidB

Quote from: Leyster on February 28, 2023, 03:08:38 PMIf I can offer my two cents, it's really a looker, it's probably the most beautifully factory painted figure I own.
I'm being persuaded, I do believe.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: