News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2023

Started by Faelrin, August 27, 2022, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

Corytho is great, Mattel listened when people complained about the Para´s cheeks. Nedry tempts me just because of the Barbasol can, and the baby T.rex is also really tempting...But for each HC figure I want, the shipping and taxes will increase...help :'(

Not a single good angle of the baby Stegosaurus, even with its mouth closed the mouth line is very distracting, seriously why they didn't make it like the Para, Andy or Pachy, this cheekless one is wrong!

Also, here is a (horrible) GIMP image edit of the Metriacanthosaurus to show how it should have been painted. I tried to simplify the pattern as much as I could since Mattel is already skimping on paint in the Hammond Collection.

Stegotyranno420

I think the Metricanthosaurus looks more JP with those new colours. The yellow scheme is nice but sticks out of the JP style. Not JW style, but JP specifically

Gwangi

They pick some random accessories to go with these human figures. First Sattler's arms and the leaf, now Hammond with ice cream. It's humorous, especially the picture where he's holding the ice cream and got his serious face on, but something like the egg stand would have been better. Especially if paired with Grant holding the baby raptor. Grant is the character that I think got the best accessories, and ones that made the most sense too. The humans look great but I think I'll stick with my mainline versions of those characters. They just stand on a shelf anyway.

The paintjob looks great on the Corythosaurus but I find it ugly otherwise. The cheeks might be smaller but they still look baggy or deflated. And I really hate how they articulate herbivore jaws. But, I'm also not a JP3 fan, and I am happy for those that waited so long for a Corythosaurus.

The baby Stegosaurus looks awful. Perhaps the worst dinosaur in the Hammond Collection.

The baby T. rex looks great. I'm not a big Lost World fan but I might pick this one up.

The Metriacanthosaurus looks fine. I would have preferred the Jurassic World: Evolution skin but this one looks good too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Paint can be corrected, at least the sculpt is good.

Pachyrhinosaurus

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I actually prefer what they came up with for the metriacanthosaurus. Only because it's trying to be more in-line with how it could have looked in 1993 instead of the modern depiction on the website.

That being said, my head-canon is that it would have looked more like the cover of Predatory Dinosaurs of the World since the name drop was (as far as I've heard) inspired by the book.

I also think it would be interesting to see toys for the baryonyx, segisaurus, and proceratosaurus with hypothetical 1993 designs.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on March 03, 2023, 04:49:33 PMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I actually prefer what they came up with for the metriacanthosaurus. Only because it's trying to be more in-line with how it could have looked in 1993 instead of the modern depiction on the website.

That being said, my head-canon is that it would have looked more like the cover of Predatory Dinosaurs of the World since the name drop was (as far as I've heard) inspired by the book.

I also think it would be interesting to see toys for the baryonyx, segisaurus, and proceratosaurus with hypothetical 1993 designs.

I'm telling you, we need a novel toyline. All they would have to do is stick to the basic descriptions in the book.

andrewsaurus rex

is there a JP style Dilphosaurus figure that is in scale with a 4 inch Nedry figure?  All the ones I know of are too big.  The figure doesn't have to be made by Mattel.  Just a Dilo. that's scaled correctly and has the frill open.

Gwangi

Quote from: andrewsaurus rex on March 03, 2023, 05:15:44 PMis there a JP style Dilphosaurus figure that is in scale with a 4 inch Nedry figure?  All the ones I know of are too big.  The figure doesn't have to be made by Mattel.  Just a Dilo. that's scaled correctly and has the frill open.

The Captivz one, maybe.

DinoFan2010

Hammond's ice cream looks yummy. What flavor do you think it is?   :))

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

DinoFan2010

Anybody else want to see mattel make a toy of the JWE2 Australovenator?

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Gwangi

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on March 03, 2023, 06:22:25 PMAnybody else want to see mattel make a toy of the JWE2 Australovenator?

Yup, that would be fantastic. But I personally wouldn't mind seeing toys for most of the animals in that game. The game has some creature designs that are better and more accurate to life than those in the films.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on March 03, 2023, 06:22:25 PMAnybody else want to see mattel make a toy of the JWE2 Australovenator?
Its mid
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

TheCambrianCrusader

Honestly I'm a lot more sold on the Metriacanthosaurus now. Obv woulda liked the jwe colors buuuuuut I really like the new colors too.

But oof that baby stego. I would much rather it didn't have jaw articulation than this. I feel like jaw articulation on all the herbivores (minus the galli) looks a little rough.

Flaffy

Does anyone know what's going on with the most recent wave of JW preorders from Toyopolis?

I've preordered a couple of Danger Pack and Strike Attack figures, but the estimated shipping date has been stuck at "2 days" since I ordered on the 27th of Feb.

No communications from Toyopolis on the situation either. They've cancelled items from orders in the past without notice before; and with how short Mattel figures shelf lifes usually are, I don't want to wait too long to acquire figures I want. Might seek out a different source alltogether tbh if this persists.

Blade-of-the-Moon

There seem to be delays around everywhere, like the Hammond Collection Anky and Pachy. A few folks got them but none of the preorders I made from Target, Amazon, EE, or BBTS have been filled yet.

I did get a case from the last Danger Pack wave, so I have a spare Austroraptor, Elaphrosaurus and a baby Brachio for sale if interested?

Faelrin

That reminds me. I still need to check my local Best Buy store for these since I've heard they were getting them in (both the Danger Pack and Strike Attack).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Ankyloranodon

Quote from: Faelrin on March 03, 2023, 04:21:31 AMI think this is the first time it's gotten the muzzle and cast since the Kenner figure too.

Amber has both.

Regarding delays, just glad that despite anything else, I don't have to deal with Toyopolis as my lone source, bleh. Got all the larger dinos from Amazon but had to return Geo for a tear in one shoulder, pachy and male raptor are scheduled in the next couple weeks. Corythosaurus and Irritator have listings up on Amazon too but not currently available. Can't find Irritator yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-Collection-Dinosaur-Corythosaurus-Articulations/dp/B0BSMW1NYX?&linkCode=shr&tag=baii-20

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ankyloranodon on March 07, 2023, 08:52:23 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on March 03, 2023, 04:21:31 AMI think this is the first time it's gotten the muzzle and cast since the Kenner figure too.

Amber has both.

Regarding delays, just glad that despite anything else, I don't have to deal with Toyopolis as my lone source, bleh. Got all the larger dinos from Amazon but had to return Geo for a tear in one shoulder, pachy and male raptor are scheduled in the next couple weeks. Corythosaurus and Irritator have listings up on Amazon too but not currently available. Can't find Irritator yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-Collection-Dinosaur-Corythosaurus-Articulations/dp/B0BSMW1NYX?&linkCode=shr&tag=baii-20

Someone on FB claimed to have ordered both the Corytho and Irritator I couldn't find the listings though.

Gwangi

Ugh, the distribution of these things is absolutely awful right now. Nearly every toy I want is still not readily available yet. HC Concavenator and Pachycephalosaurus, Einiosauurs, Herrerasaurus, Nothosaurus, etc. All figures I was hoping to review on the blog too. I really don't want to have to jump through hoops and/or overpay for these toys. I'm about to rage quit Mattel. How am I supposed to get hyped about upcoming releases when I can't even find the stuff that should have been out for months now? Same tired old rant but things really seemed to be improving about a year ago and I hate to see things regressing like this again. On the bright side, I got my Lystrosaurus.

SpartanSquat

Here is Irritator
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BSMSRWKT?ref_=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_QR6XY70G36QEY5H2R2Z1&fbclid=IwAR3VqmtG57qEP5bYPhX4QDSAWKjXxm4-X01pSwg44tSoZhK-9_ww2JpRH18
Weird it has Jurassic World the game label, when The Game one is totally different or a new gen 2 is coming.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: