News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2023 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, January 01, 2023, 07:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 09, 2023, 10:16:46 PMMy really left field heart's desire - and I might be on my own here! - is a Hesperornis. I guess it's nostalgia at work. When I was a child, very few Mesozoic birds were known. I loved this one. But I can't see PNSO granting my wish on this one!  Or any other of my favourite firms. Now we have plenty of Mesozoic birds known from excellent fossils but they don't often attract much interest from model firms!

I would love a Hesperornis. The return of the miniature line is probably the likeliest path, where it would be a nice complement to their Confuciusornis. I'd be very happy to trade in my Primeval version.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

I hope PNSO makes pterosaurs for their medium-sized range.  Rhamphorhynchus is my most wanted, but I'd also like a Pteranodon longiceps!

Joel1905

I'll try and keep it as short as possible, but this is my wishlist...

Albertosaurus
Apatosaurus
Australovenator
Baryonyx
Camarasaurus
Camptosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Cetiosaurus
Cryptoclidus
Deinonychus
Dilophosaurus
Diplodocus
Dongbeititan
Edmontosaurus
Elasmosaurus
Euoplocephalus
Eustreptospondylus
Gallimimus
Giganotosaurus (updated)
Gigantoraptor
Giraffatitan
Herrerasaurus
Kentrosaurus
Lexovisaurus
Liliensternus
Liopleurodon
Lufengosaurus
Megalosaurus
Muttaburrasaurus
Ophthalmosaurus
Paraceratherium
Plateosaurus
Pteranodon
Quetzalcoatlus
Saltasaurus
Saurolophus
Shantungosaurus
Shunosaurus
Spinosaurus (updated and adult sized)
Tenontosaurus
Tropeognathus
Utahraptor

Sim

PNSO, in their medium-sized model range, has made available a metriorhynchid, two ichthyosaurs, two mosasaurs and a pliosauroid.  They have not made any plesiosauroid!  Since PNSO has been happy to make species from the same family close to each other, I hope they will make a Styxosaurus and a Plesiosaurus.  If they want to make another pliosauroid, Rhomaleosaurus could be interesting.

HD-man

Quote from: HD-man on January 08, 2023, 06:35:52 AMNo new hopes & dreams, just the same ones as before:
Quote from: HD-man on November 08, 2022, 09:25:40 PMI hope PNSO publishes these series in english! They look great!

Another series I hope they publish in english!

http://www.pnso.org/?p=1817

http://www.pnso.org/?p=1919
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Joel1905

Surely we're due another reveal soon? It's been almost two months since the Suchomimus, and its past Chinese New Year...

ceratopsian

I'm having withdrawal symptoms!

Quote from: Joel1905 on February 05, 2023, 10:59:16 AMSurely we're due another reveal soon? It's been almost two months since the Suchomimus, and its past Chinese New Year...

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Joel1905 on February 05, 2023, 10:59:16 AMSurely we're due another reveal soon? It's been almost two months since the Suchomimus, and its past Chinese New Year...

(I am waiting with bated breath too... Checking their Instagram every day with high hopes!)

May be a little late to the party but I would really like - all in 1:35 scale as far as possible - a Kentrosaurus, Ceratosaurus, (accurate, non-JP/JW) Dilophosaurus, and Herrerrasaurus. If possible, perhaps a resculpt of their Paul the Allosaurus too, since the skull shape has reviewers split on whether it's A. fragilis or A.jimmadseni... not to mention that large thumb claw they seemed to have missed out.

Out of all 7 of my favourite species, PNSO has already very pleasingly ticked off three (Wilson the T-rex, Thabo the Suchomimus and Biber and Rook the Stegosauruses)!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Well there you have their first reveal. Lucas the Giga got a makeover. :)

Duna

I'll only ask one:

CONCAVENATOR

PNSO has lovely artwork for it, also a small figure ... please, it's time to make a wonderful figure of the most iconic dinosaur from my country. (no, I don't like the Safari version at all).

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Duna on March 03, 2023, 07:05:57 PMI'll only ask one:

CONCAVENATOR

PNSO has lovely artwork for it, also a small figure ... please, it's time to make a wonderful figure of the most iconic dinosaur from my country. (no, I don't like the Safari version at all).
EspaƱa and Portugal, Iberia in general have some of the most unique dinosaurs of Europe

TheCambrianCrusader

CONCAVENATOR

What's wrong with the safari version if I may ask? I do agree tho a pnso Concavenator would be wonderful

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: TheCambrianCrusader on March 04, 2023, 04:16:57 AM

CONCAVENATOR

What's wrong with the safari version if I may ask? I do agree tho a pnso Concavenator would be wonderful
I cannot speak for Duna but I will say the figure is nice. However, the exact style is not my cup of tea, and while when I was new here, I was very obnoxious about it, now I respect the sculptors art and decisions on how to make it. In my personal opinion, I would had liked something more Carnegie-esque

SRF

Since PNSO has done some amazing feathered figures with the Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus, I'm hoping they will do more feathered species. One or more raptors would be nice, and ever since Prehistoric Planet came out I'm hoping PNSO will do a Nanuqsaurus. 
But today, I'm just being father

Sim

PNSO's Deinocheirus, Therizinosaurus and Yutyrannus are all extremely good, I too would like to have more feathered species from PNSO.  Saurornithoides, Zanabazar, Sinornithosaurus, Zhenyuanlong and Saurornitholestes would all be great.

I would also like PNSO to release their Tuojiangosaurus with a better paintjob.  I hope for it to look more colourful, not quite dull as it currently looks and to have either all the lateral osteoderms painted or no lateral osteoderms painted.  As it currently is, only the osteoderms on its belly are painted and it doesn't look natural.

I appreciate the sharpness of the PNSO Therizinosaurus's claws and I'd like to have more figures with sharp parts, which is one reason I'd like a repaint of the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus.  In Dinosdragons' review of the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus he expressed that some of its armour was very sharp, I want it!

Faelrin

I'm honestly surprised PNSO hasn't done a Zhenyuanlong yet (or Psittacosaurus even). Seems like some obvious choices. Honestly surprised no one outside Creative Beast Studio has done Zhenyuanlong either. It's one the best preserved dromaeosaurids, as far as having integument goes. It's what most modern dromaeosaurid reconstructions are frequently based on too (such as wing and tail plumage).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eatmycar

It feels like PNSO avoids smaller dinosaurs which is such a shame. I guess it's a price point thing? Not sure, really...

SidB

Quote from: Eatmycar on March 06, 2023, 02:39:43 AMIt feels like PNSO avoids smaller dinosaurs which is such a shame. I guess it's a price point thing? Not sure, really...
Then, maybe they are reluctant to move into a range of 1/10 -1/15 scale for these figures, as being too far removed from the scale range of their usual offerings.

JohannesB

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 04, 2023, 05:39:49 AM
Quote from: TheCambrianCrusader on March 04, 2023, 04:16:57 AM

CONCAVENATOR

I cannot speak for Duna but I will say the figure is nice. However, the exact style is not my cup of tea, and while when I was new here, I was very obnoxious about it, now I respect the sculptors art and decisions on how to make it. In my personal opinion, I would had liked something more Carnegie-esque

I think that something was always a bit lost in translation with Forest Rogers' sculpts/artwork. Her original sculpts always were incredibly fine and detailed and very beautiful, and a certain amount of that was lost in the final model. But I still regard her models as some of the best (even though the hind legs on many of her models were sculpted unrealistically flimsy, I think - part of her "style" I guess).

Anyway, my hopes for 2023 are up for another few ornithopods, like Maiasaura, Shantungosaurus and Edmontosaurus. But a Dromaeosaur or two would also be interesting. I'd like to see them deliver a great (set of) Utahraptor(s), for example.

Dinoburger

I just want to see some PNSO dromeosaurids/raptors and some pterosaurs.

I'm fine with the price hike I see people complaining about. These are quality figures, and the price reflects that. Not to mention it seems like the price of everything has gone up in recent years.

Anyhow, PNSO did awesome with feathers on Deinosuchus and the Therizinosaur. Seeing a PNSO feathered utahraptor would be amazing. Or seeing some pterosaurs would also be awesome.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: