You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Top 10 stegosaurs toys [Poll open]

Started by DinoToyForum, December 27, 2019, 10:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your top 10 stegosaur toys of all time

Battat Dacentrurus
Bullyland Stegosaurus (2007)
Carnage Stegosaurus by ReSaurus
Carnegie Miragaia
CollectA Dacentrurus (Deluxe)
CollectA Gigantspinosaurus
CollectA Stegosaurus corpse
Favorite soft model series 1 Stegosaurus
Invicta Stegosaurus
Kaiyodo Huayangosaurus
Kaiyodo, Dinotale, Capsule Q series 6 Stegosaurus
Kaiyodo, Dinotale, Jurassic Park III Stegosaurus
Kenner, The Lost World, Stegosaurus
Mattel, Jurassic World, Stegosaurus
Papo Stegosaurus
PNSO, Age of Dinosaurs, No.07 Chungkingosaurus
PNSO, Dinosaurs Museum, Chungkingosaurus (with Yangchuanosaurus diorama)
PNSO, Huayangosaurus mini (China Post Figures)
PNSO, Kentrosaurus
PNSO, mini No.009 Miragaia
PNSO, Prehistoric Animal Models, No.14 Stegosaurus (Bieber)
PNSO, Age of the Dinosaurs (mini), Tuojiangosaurus (Rahba)
PNSO Wuerhosaurus
Rebor Stegosaurus (Garden)
Schleich Kentrosaurus (2015)
Schleich Kentrosaurus (2017)
Schleich, Conquering the Earth, Stegosaurus (2016)
Schleich, mini figure, Stegosaurus (2015)
Sega "Microsaurs" Kentrosaurus
Tyco Kentrosaurus
Tyco Stegosaurus
Vitae Wuerhosaurus
Wild Safari Kentrosaurus
Wild Safari Stegosaurus (2008)
Wild Safari Stegosaurus (2019)
CollectA, Age of Dinosaurs, Kentrosaurus
Haolonggood Dacentrurus
Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus
Mattel, 2022, Legacy Collection, Dr. Sarah Harding & Stegosaurus Pack (adult and baby Stegosaurus)
Mattel, 2021, Dino Escape, Kentrosaurus (Roar Attack)
Mattel, 2023, Dino Trackers Gigantspinosaurus (Strike Attack)
PNSO, Prehistoric Animal Models, Miragaia (Rosana)
PNSO, Dinosaurs Museum, Stegosaurus (Biber & Rook)
PNSO, Prehistoric Animal Models, Tuojiangosaurus (Qichuan)

Sim

Fair points S @SidB, although I've been thinking the time before a new poll for the same group starts from when the previous poll is started, not when it finishes.

bmathison1972

I'd like to vote for the PNSO Miragaia but don't see it on here

Halichoeres

Yeah, the Miragaia was released the year after the poll was started.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, what do you think about updating this poll too with missing new releases?  As avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi expressed, it could be better to ignore the now very old results and update the poll before it gets made into a top 10 video.

If you update the poll, I would like to see the following included: PNSO museum series Stegosaurus adult, PNSO large Miragaia, PNSO large Tuojiangosaurus.  Also the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus currently in the poll needs to be identified as a mini to differentiate it from the larger version.  And the votes would need to be reset.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on March 14, 2023, 04:50:28 PMavatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, what do you think about updating this poll too with missing new releases?  As avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi expressed, it could be better to ignore the now very old results and update the poll before it gets made into a top 10 video.

If you update the poll, I would like to see the following included: PNSO museum series Stegosaurus adult, PNSO large Miragaia, PNSO large Tuojiangosaurus.  Also the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus currently in the poll needs to be identified as a mini to differentiate it from the larger version.  And the votes would need to be reset.

Yeah, I'm fine with us starting from scratch. 8)

Faelrin

Could the Mattel Jurassic World Kentrosaurus, Gigantspinosaurus, and Hammond Collection Young Stegosaurus be added to the new poll? The latter two are technically not out yet, but they are coming out later in the year, that I think it may just be better to include them anyways, otherwise it may be ways off before they can be voted for.

And in case it is helpful for any folks that may be interested in any of the others from them, here is every stegosaur release, sorted by year (excluding minis and Snap Squad):

Spoiler
2023 Dino Trackers Gigantspinosaurus:

2023 Dino Trackers Stegosaurus (I think this is a repaint/retool of the 2021 Dino Escape sculpt, if not new):

2023 Hammond Collection Stegosaurus:

2022 Dominion Miragaia:

2022 Legacy Collection Dr. Sarah Harding & Stegosaurus Pack (adult Stegosaurus is repaint of 2018 Fallen Kingdom sculpt):

2021 Dino Escape Chialingosaurus:

2021 Dino Escape Kentrosaurus:

2021 Dino Escape Stegosaurus (sculpt is actually somewhat different, at least the head is anyways):

2020 Camp Cretaceous Camp Adventure Set Stegosaurus (repaint of 2018 Fallen Kingdom sculpt):

2019 Dino Rivals Stegosaurus (slight retool of 2018 Fallen Kingdom sculpt):

2018 Fallen Kingdom Stegosaurus:

[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Fembrogon

Is the regular-size PNSO Prehistoric Animals Miragaia still missing from the list? I can't seem to find it in the choices.

SidB

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 15, 2023, 03:51:19 PMIs the regular-size PNSO Prehistoric Animals Miragaia still missing from the list? I can't seem to find it in the choices.
Me neither.

Faelrin

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon S @SidB Neither the short list on the first post of this thread, and the poll has been reset/updated yet.

I think the title could be updated too.

Sim

Quote from: Faelrin on March 14, 2023, 09:28:52 PMCould the Mattel Jurassic World Kentrosaurus, Gigantspinosaurus, and Hammond Collection Young Stegosaurus be added to the new poll? The latter two are technically not out yet, but they are coming out later in the year, that I think it may just be better to include them anyways, otherwise it may be ways off before they can be voted for.

And in case it is helpful for any folks that may be interested in any of the others from them, here is every stegosaur release, sorted by year (excluding minis and Snap Squad):

Spoiler
2023 Dino Trackers Gigantspinosaurus:

2023 Dino Trackers Stegosaurus (I think this is a repaint/retool of the 2021 Dino Escape sculpt, if not new):

2023 Hammond Collection Stegosaurus:

2022 Dominion Miragaia:

2022 Legacy Collection Dr. Sarah Harding & Stegosaurus Pack (adult Stegosaurus is repaint of 2018 Fallen Kingdom sculpt):

2021 Dino Escape Chialingosaurus:

2021 Dino Escape Kentrosaurus:

2021 Dino Escape Stegosaurus (sculpt is actually somewhat different, at least the head is anyways):

2020 Camp Cretaceous Camp Adventure Set Stegosaurus (repaint of 2018 Fallen Kingdom sculpt):

2019 Dino Rivals Stegosaurus (slight retool of 2018 Fallen Kingdom sculpt):

2018 Fallen Kingdom Stegosaurus:

[close]
Traditionally we haven't included unreleased figures in these polls, as the figure could be received differently once it's actually released.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim I think at least in the Gigantspinosaurus case, since it has an in package look at the figure I think it's pretty safe to say that's what the final figure will look like. It's probably a bit more of a gamble with the HC Stegosaurus though, since it does not have an in package look at it yet. I do recall what happened with the JPIII raptor, so perhaps it is better to err on the side of caution and leave that one out then.

Come to think of it, I suppose the young Stegosaurus from the Legacy Collection Stegosaurus Pack from last year is a nice alternative to the HC Young Stegosaurus as well, and I do have that set in hand. I also like the adult Stegosaurus from this pack, even though the coloration isn't completely film accurate, and as of now I prefer it to the figure I originally voted for in the earlier iteration of this poll (assuming it represented the original 2018 Fallen Kingdom figure). Though I am wondering if those two need to be separated, or if they can be treated together as one entry since they do come in a set? Again the adult is also a repaint of the original 2018 figure, so there's that to take into account too I guess.

So I guess my revised list could be (if including the Mattel Gigantspinosaurus, and treating the Stegosaurus pack as one entry, otherwise it would need to be revised again):

Spoiler
-CollectA Gigantspinosaurus
-Mattel 2021 Kentrosaurus
-Mattel 2022 Legacy Collection Stegosaurus pack
-Mattel 2023 Gigantspinosaurus
-PNSO 2019 Stegosaurus
-PNSO 2019 Huayangosaurus (mini)
-PNSO 2020 Miragaia
-PNSO 2020 Tuojiangosaurus
-Rebor 2019 Stegosaurus
-Safari Ltd 2019 Stegosaurus
[close]
For comparison I previously voted for:

Spoiler
-Battat Dacentrurus
-Carnegie Miragaia
-CollectA Gigantspinosaurus
-Mattel, Jurassic World, Stegosaurus (assuming this is meant to represent the original 2018 figure)
-PNSO "Age of Dinosaurs" No.07 Chungkingosaurus
-PNSO Huayangosaurus mini (China Post Figures) (I have the 2019 re-release as colored in blue above, assuming it would be treated any differently to this initial version)
-PNSO "Prehistoric Models" No.14 Stegosaurus (Bieber)
-Rebor Stegosaurus (Garden)
-Tyco Kentrosaurus
-Wild Safari Stegosaurus (2019)
[close]
Granted if I'm also the only one that has any interest in those particular Mattel figures, then perhaps there might not be any point adding them anyways. But if anyone does have any interest in these (or any of the others I listed above), then please chime in.

Also worth mentioning is that with most polls I've voted most of the figures I do not have in hand, or sometimes get way later, so much of it is whatever is on my wishlist at the time. I'm not the only one that does this right? I did go and mark which figures I actually own in blue (for both lists), although it isn't much.

Sim

I still would support not including unreleased figures.  Things like its exact size, whether lighting affects its colouration, how the figure works, basically interaction with the real figure, would need to wait for the figure to be obtained by people, which can't be done if it's unreleased.  Voting for unreleased figures also seems to me to go against the point of these polls.  Voting for figures one doesn't have but are released is different, here you can actually go off of what others have shown of a figure and you're voting for a real figure.

I would support separating the adult and baby Mattel Stegosaurus in this poll, although the adult would be the same option as the original Mattel Stegosaurus as it's just a repaint of that figure.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I originally voted for the Battat dacentrurus, Bullyland stegosaurus, Carnegie miragaia, Invicta stegosaurus, Wild Safari kentrosaurus, and both the 2007 and 2019 Wild Safari stegosaurus.

I would also have voted for the Carnegie and possibly Battat stegosaurus as well, but they weren't on the original list.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Joshuasaurus

My favorite is the CollectA deluxe Stegosaurus, though I don't see it on the list. I like it so much because I've enjoyed repainting it.

Gwangi

This one was tough but I ultimately voted for...

Battat Dacentrurus
Carnegie Miragaia
Invicta Stegosaurus
Kaiyodo Huayangosaurus
Mattel Stegosaurus
PNSO "Age of Dinosaurs" No.07 Chungkingosaurus
PNSO Tuojiangosaurus
Rebor Stegosaurus (Garden)
Tyco Kentrosaurus
Vitae Wuerhosaurus

Sim

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, if it helps here is what this poll needs:

1. Label the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus in the poll as a mini and the Mattel Stegosaurus currently in the poll as an adult

2. Add the following as options in the poll:
- PNSO museum series Stegosaurus (adult)
- PNSO prehistoric animals Miragaia
- PNSO prehistoric animals Tuojiangosaurus
- Mattel Jurassic World Stegosaurus (young)
- Carnegie Stegosaurus
- CollectA deluxe Stegosaurus

3. Remove all votes from the poll

4. Perhaps change the title of this thread to indicate the poll has been updated, similar to what I did for the other two active poll threads.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim To add to what you've suggested I think it would be helpful to add that the adult Stegosaurus, is for any mainline/Legacy version (from 2018-2023), since there's several sculpt variations, nevermind all the color options now available (like the list I posted earlier).

I think it also would be important to clarify the young Stegosaurus is also the Legacy one. The HC is a bit different. This way folks can be sure which sculpt they are voting on (again assuming I'm not the only one interested in voting for them).

Sim

I've corrected some typos in my previous post, which I'd just noticed.  avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, will this poll be updated sometime soon?  O:-)

Sim

Quote from: Sim on March 16, 2023, 07:34:48 PMavatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, if it helps here is what this poll needs:

1. Label the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus in the poll as a mini and the Mattel Stegosaurus currently in the poll as an adult

- Carnegie Stegosaurus

4. Perhaps change the title of this thread to indicate the poll has been updated, similar to what I did for the other two active poll threads.

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, is now a good time to do the above?  O:-)

SidB

Quote from: Sim on April 12, 2023, 06:19:02 PM
Quote from: Sim on March 16, 2023, 07:34:48 PMavatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, if it helps here is what this poll needs:

- Carnegie Stegosaurus

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, is now a good time to do the above?  O:-)
?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: