News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shahinos

I like it and will eventually get it, but can't unsee the similarity to both a green and a ripe pineapple...

But I'm all for unrepresented figures!

Samrukia

Quote from: SenSx on April 08, 2023, 07:53:22 PMOk my bad I can safely buy the PNSO ankylosaurus then.

Cool releases, but they are not making any of the teased dinosaurs on that poster, weird.
I wanted an updated Dilophosaurus.

V @vampiredesign mentioned that the poster is just a poster, do not rely on it

SenSx

Quote from: erlectric on April 08, 2023, 08:17:51 PM
Quote from: SenSx on April 08, 2023, 07:53:22 PMOk my bad I can safely buy the PNSO ankylosaurus then.

Cool releases, but they are not making any of the teased dinosaurs on that poster, weird.
I wanted an updated Dilophosaurus.

V @vampiredesign mentioned that the poster is just a poster, do not rely on it

Oh ok, well then just surprises.

Fembrogon

It's also not guaranteed we WON'T see any of the genera (or similar animals) on the poster in the future. The year is still young; at this rate we might see 6-8 more releases for 2023.

SidB

I see one estimate for an overall length of 4 metres. I hope that this will be in a 1/35 ish scale - it really is encouraging to get smaller dinosaurs in this scale, following the lead of Wild Past with their Protoceratops and Tethyshadros pair. I'm more than a bit weary of endless giants. It's would be great to get many more small to mid-sized 1/35 scalers. Bring on some ornithomimids Haolonggood.

Gwangi

I know it's not by PNSO or an Ankylosaurus but it looks soooo similar to Sede. Not really a complaint, more of an observation. Haolonggood is quickly replacing PNSO in my heart.

shahinos

Quote from: SidB on April 08, 2023, 10:12:48 PMI see one estimate for an overall length of 4 metres. I hope that this will be in a 1/35 ish scale - it really is encouraging to get smaller dinosaurs in this scale, following the lead of Wild Past with their Protoceratops and Tethyshadros pair. I'm more than a bit weary of endless giants. It's would be great to get many more small to mid-sized 1/35 scalers. Bring on some ornithomimids Haolonggood.

According to Paleofiguras on Facebook it'll be 15 cm, so unfortunately the scale looks off.

SidB

Quote from: shahinos on April 08, 2023, 10:48:03 PM
Quote from: SidB on April 08, 2023, 10:12:48 PMI see one estimate for an overall length of 4 metres. I hope that this will be in a 1/35 ish scale - it really is encouraging to get smaller dinosaurs in this scale, following the lead of Wild Past with their Protoceratops and Tethyshadros pair. I'm more than a bit weary of endless giants. It's would be great to get many more small to mid-sized 1/35 scalers. Bring on some ornithomimids Haolonggood.

According to Paleofiguras on Facebook it'll be 15 cm, so unfortunately the scale looks off.
You're right, S @shahinos , that works out to roughly 1/27 scale, a bit on the big side, unless you refer this genus to Saichania itself, which some researchers are doing. On the other hand, many of the smaller PNSO and Safari ceratopsians in the 1/25 range, for example, get displayed with 1/30-1/35 theropods in various collections, including mine, and pass muster as oversize specimens, or at least because one choses to disregard how small they actually were, I suppose.

Lynx

Other than pose, I don't see much resemblance to the PNSO ankylosaurus but I also don't have it in person, so not much to say on my part
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Gwangi on April 08, 2023, 10:19:17 PMI know it's not by PNSO or an Ankylosaurus but it looks soooo similar to Sede. Not really a complaint, more of an observation. Haolonggood is quickly replacing PNSO in my heart.
I agree, and that is a good thing.

Faelrin

Oh it is a genus that hasn't been on the market before. How interesting. Never heard of this one before either.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

vampiredesign

^-^ I'm a bit busy, so I don't need to send pictures anymore. Then I'll go prepare the new product later. Surprises must never stop.

ceratopsian

I wondered where you were, V @vampiredesign. We like your surprises. 

Quote from: vampiredesign on April 09, 2023, 10:59:15 AM^-^ I'm a bit busy, so I don't need to send pictures anymore. Then I'll go prepare the new product later. Surprises must never stop.

dragon53

ceratopsian

Interesting - if the colours are true in the video, my "orange" version is a much stronger, more saturated and vivid orange.  The green looks the same tone as mine, which suggests the colours are true.

ceratopsian

I see that the Tianzhenosaurus is already being offered by Model Toy Center on AliExpress.  So I imagine the other stores will have it soon enough too.

postsaurischian

ceratopsian

The last photo where the Tianzhenosaurus group look like synchronised swimmers is my favourite.  Haolonggood's photographer was inspired on that one!

Gwangi

Definitely getting the green version so that it stands out next to Sede.

Sim

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 08, 2023, 09:48:30 PMIt's also not guaranteed we WON'T see any of the genera (or similar animals) on the poster in the future. The year is still young; at this rate we might see 6-8 more releases for 2023.
I wish, but I think vampiredesign said they took care of 8 paint samples, so that would leave one more species to be revealed...  I hope it's a carnivore this time.  I think Austroraptor would come out very well with Haolonggood's style of painting.

As for the Tianzhenosaurus, the colouration on the two versions is among the best I've ever seen, but I don't like the figure's head so I don't think I can get it.  It's an improvement over the previous two figures though, I think.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: