News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.64
                                                                                ~ •   Deinocheirus  • ~

Many many years ago when I first heard about the species, only two horrible giant arms with claws were known.
                                   I remember an old black & white photo with a man standing in between. I found that gruesome >:D .

v      Deinocheirism!    CollectA   •   Kaiyodo   •   Wild Safari   •   KANNA DINOSAUR CENTER   •   PNSO      v

SidB

Good comparison shot in the final ensemble, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian . Like the "gruesome" one too!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Very nicely done photographs! And that is a good looking base - is it self-made?

ceratopsian

Beautiful shots - as always.  And it's such a beautiful figure.  I enjoy the feel of texture that the black and white gives.

UK

Was it this photo by any chance Helge avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian?

Bokisaurus

So beautiful! I can't wait to receive mine later this week!😃

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on October 24, 2022, 08:18:55 AMVery nicely done photographs! And that is a good looking base - is it self-made?

That's again one of the bases Martin Garratt made for me. I'm using them quite often for photographs.

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 24, 2022, 10:38:37 AMBeautiful shots - as always.  And it's such a beautiful figure.  I enjoy the feel of texture that the black and white gives.

That is one of the reasons why I sometimes choose black & white.

Quote from: UK on October 26, 2022, 10:53:42 PMWas it this photo by any chance Helge avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian?

Great Googly Moogly! You're right, Steve avatar_UK @UK. It was 1975, I got the book from my father after returning from school one day.
It was the newest Dinosaur thing you could get in Germany at that time and I was happy :) .
O.k., it wasn't a black & white photo and it wasn't a man standing in between the Deinocheirus' arms. 47 years can change one's memory :P .
I should have used a female figure for my photo.
Anyway - I went to the loft and checked some boxes - here it is (the German version), still in fine condition :D :

ceratopsian

There is an old black and white photo showing the arms with Zofia Kielan-Jaworowska, the leader of the Polish-Mongolian team, looking rather more sober than the fashionable young lady in the book illustration.  But the old photo with Zofia K-J might explain why a woman appeared in the later book illustration.  Maybe you also remember seeing the b/w image at some point, postsaurischian?

postsaurischian

Thanks for the photo avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian. I didn't know this one, it's also nice and "gruesome" ;D .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

and while we're on the subject of black & white pictures: Here's another one:

•     Mamenchisaurus     •
                                                  Invicta     •     PNSO - Seven Little Dinosaurs     •     PNSO - Dinosaurs Museum
                                 PNSO - China National Philatelic Corporation      •     CollectA     •     Favorite - Fukui Dinosaur Museum

thedeadlymoose

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 27, 2022, 07:40:21 PMThanks for the photo avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian. I didn't know this one, it's also nice and "gruesome" ;D .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

and while we're on the subject of black & white pictures: Here's another one:

•    Mamenchisaurus    •
                                                  Invicta    •    PNSO - Seven Little Dinosaurs    •    PNSO - Dinosaurs Museum
                                PNSO - China National Philatelic Corporation      •    CollectA    •    Favorite - Fukui Dinosaur Museum

That's a shockingly wonderful black and white presentation. You're an excellent photographic artist.

postsaurischian

:) Thank you T @thedeadlymoose.

•    Kaiyodo's latest prehistoric mammals from their CapsuleQ Museum series    •

Platybelodon

next to UHA Collect Club No.005

Thylacosmilus

next to Dinotales No.038 Smilodon

Megatherium

next to Dinotales No.039

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •    HAOLONGGOOD    • ~
                                                                                                 1:35
                                                                Nasutoceratops titusi  &  Ouranosaurus

Ouranosaurus   

v    next to Battat's figure from 1996    v

Nasutoceratops titusi   

v    next to Wild Safari's figure from 2015    v

ceratopsian

Excellent images as always. The low-angle frontal view of the Nasutoceratops standing proud on his crag against blue sky with cloud is particularly effective. (Fourth from last photo.)

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you Elizabeth!

A few years back on one of my Australia trips I went to an aquarium near Brisbane and I saw this amazing species for the first time.
       I was blown away - what a fantastic creature of living art! Nature must be an artist. I could not take my eyes off the beauty for at least 10 minutes
         and from then on I knew I had to have a beautiful figure of it. You can imagine that my heart was filled with pleasure last year when I found out
                         that Bandai would be producing one. And even more now that it has finally arrived after some shipping problems from Japan.

^-^

BANDAI Ikimono Daizukan Premium
                                                                1:1  Phycodurus eques ~ Leafy Sea Dragon

ceratopsian

Oh my goodness - what a marvel!  It looks like glass - such fragility and beauty.  Stunning especially with the black background setting of those glorious colours.

TooOldForDinosaurs

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 09, 2023, 02:13:14 PM....... Stunning especially with the black background setting of those glorious colours.

The black and the blue pictures were taken with background light which accentuates the transparency of the model.

The Hoopoe has always been among my favourite extant Dinosaurs for as long as I have been interested in birds. I've been wanting a figure of it
 for a very long time now. A few years ago Harriet from STS made one for me but it broke into a 1000 pieces during shipping and could not be repaired.
   So I was still waiting, but in spite of its compelling beauty no company in the world seems to like making one ....... until something good happened.
 Every year the "Landesbund für Vogelschutz in Bayern" (an organisation that takes care for the bird protection in Bavaria) picks a bird that is especially
worth protecting - the "Bird of the year". For 2022 they picked the Hoopoe. Hurra!! That meant that the German porcelain factory Goebel had to make one.
       It's part of their company philosophy to produce each year's "Bird of the year". Finally I have my first figure of this species (after all these years).

Goebel  "Bird of the year 2022"  Upupa epops ~ Eurasian Hoopoe

ceratopsian

Worth the wait. I've only ever seen a Hoopoe once - unforgettably at a classical site in Libya! An unlooked for additional joy. They turn up rarely in the UK.

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 10, 2023, 07:50:19 PMWorth the wait. I've only ever seen a Hoopoe once - unforgettably at a classical site in Libya! An unlooked for additional joy. They turn up rarely in the UK.

I must admit although they do exist in Germany, I've never seen one :( .

^-^

~ •   PNSO Dinosaurs Museum  1:35  Giganotosaurus  • ~

compared to other PNSO Carcharodontosaurinae   
         PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS   No.69  Meraxes    •    No.68  Mapusaurus    •    No.50  Carcharodontosaurus

TooOldForDinosaurs

Incredible photography as always!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: