News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shahinos

Quote from: erlectric on April 24, 2023, 02:11:50 PM
Quote from: Medzo on April 24, 2023, 01:45:55 PMOne question: what is the packaging currently? I can't deny PNSO's high quality boxing is also a huge plus for me to stick with them. I usually like to display a couple of figures at the time and store the rest of them in their original package.

I'm a bit spooked by seeing Safari's and other brands' just being shipped out in a plastic stand trays and that's it.
Surely the price would be affected but for some people it's a must. I myself would surely pay extra if the option would exist.

you can choose box or without box

And if you choose without box it still comes in styrofoam with the animal's shape carved into it, so storage fairly possible.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Medzo on April 24, 2023, 01:45:55 PMOne question: what is the packaging currently? I can't deny PNSO's high quality boxing is also a huge plus for me to stick with them. I usually like to display a couple of figures at the time and store the rest of them in their original package.

I'm a bit spooked by seeing Safari's and other brands' just being shipped out in a plastic stand trays and that's it.
Surely the price would be affected but for some people it's a must. I myself would surely pay extra if the option would exist.
the box if u choose with is basicly like the older pnso ones but with styrofoam, haolonggood is rly good with this.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Medzo on April 24, 2023, 01:45:55 PMOne question: what is the packaging currently? .......

This is Nasutoceratops' package for example:

Abobo

Faelrin

The coloration on the one is a bit too similar to the Nasutoceratops but otherwise very nice. Nice to see another Pentaceratops on the market.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

postsaurischian

SidB

IMO, Haolonggood has captured the high ground of excitement from PNSO with this flurry of releases. After so many big carcharodontids we need variety and affordability.

Medzo

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 24, 2023, 02:40:57 PM
Quote from: Medzo on April 24, 2023, 01:45:55 PMOne question: what is the packaging currently? .......

This is Nasutoceratops' package for example:

Thanks for the images. This is absolutely exciting. This may be the first time I rather save up money for another brand's release instead of PNSO's.

Thialfi

Haolonggood makes such great photos, I love both the studio and atmospheric shots, not a detail goes unnoticed. Great work. Thank you V @vampiredesign.

Fembrogon

Pentaceratops has slightly better toy representation than some of its relatives (from Papo and Schleich, of all companies), but this certainly looks to be the best version yet. I think I like the black-and-white variant best, but both look splendid once again!

Sim

YES!  I like the Haolonggood Pentaceratops a lot already!  I'm not yet sure which colouration I prefer.  Thanks V @vampiredesign!

ceratopsian

I love the way Haolonggood releases so many photos.  I really enjoy leafing through them. Especially taken with the diorama shots - the Pentaceratops herd in the wooded valley is super. Thanks V @vampiredesign!  And thanks for all your surprises.

dragon53

Eatmycar

At first I loved the Pentaceratops but now I'm really confused, mostly because I didn't notice the crocodile like scutes on the back?

I don't recall much being known about ceratopsian scalation outside of Triceratops' "nipple" scales, but this seems quite a departure? Hell, it gives me Jurassic World vibes here and not in a good way. Is this in the literature? Solid paint work and detailing though. I do think the pose could be a bit more dynamic, maybe walking as opposed to standing...

But this is much better than the Papo Pentaceratops.

Gwangi

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 24, 2023, 03:56:30 PMPentaceratops has slightly better toy representation than some of its relatives (from Papo and Schleich, of all companies), but this certainly looks to be the best version yet. I think I like the black-and-white variant best, but both look splendid once again!

For me those two never cut it. I've had the unreleased Battat Pentaceratops burned into my brain ever since I first saw it and this one from Haolonggood is the first Pentaceratops to make me move past it. I've wanted a Pentaceratops like this for as long as I've been collecting. Centrosaurus, Pentaceratops, and Chasmosaurus have been three of my most wanted ceratopsians for a long time now. Two down, one to go!

Stegotyranno420

Yeah, I am definitely in the minority here, but i would rather get papo's, yes it does have terrible foot anatomy but for me it is a quick fix so that might be contributing to my lenience.
Don't get me wrong both are awesome, and this might chabge for me later.

Sim

E @Eatmycar, the Haolonggood Pentaceratops is walking, actually.  As for the large scales on the back, I'm not fond of them, but I can go past them and enjoy the excellent figure.  As far as I know those scales are speculative.  Skin impressions are known for Chasmosaurus and Centrosaurus and show large scales surrounded by many smaller scales.  The Chasmosaurus skin impressions are extensive, covering almost half the individual.  There is also a very small skin impression from Nasutoceratops which doesn't show much, just small scales if I'm remembering right.

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi, I too wasn't satisfied with the available Pentaceratops figures, but I am by Haolonggood's.  And I too am waiting for a good Chasmosaurus figure.

Lynx

I already have the Papo Pentaceratops so I don't have much interest in buying this, but cool nonetheless
An oversized house cat.

Eatmycar

Quote from: Sim on April 24, 2023, 08:29:49 PMAs for the large scales on the back, I'm not fond of them, but I can go past them and enjoy the excellent figure.  As far as I know those scales are speculative.

Aha! Understood. I was just a little surprised because it's such a stylized choice, I thought maybe there was a breakthrough. The more I look at this guy, though, the less I care about the scutes. It's such a beaut, especially the dark one! The little bit of blue on the tail is so good too!

I def missed the walking posture, so I'll take back my comment about it seeming too statuesque.

SidB

Ordered the darker one from Lana this  mornimg.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: