News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Art

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, March 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: DinoToyForum on April 25, 2023, 12:03:17 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2023, 07:55:06 AM
Quote from: DinoToyForum on April 25, 2023, 07:51:46 AMLooks great. The base looks a good size to me but you'll know best whether it's at risk of having teeth plucked out or being pushed over.

Where about is this in the park so I can update the map?

I'm always a bit paranoid. If you could trust people to leave things alone then it wouldn't be an issue. :/

It's on the same side of the path as the Balaur, just about 60' down the trail. I also moved the Dracovenator in on the opposite side about another 60-80' down from the Tany.

Yeah, you can't. And in my experience there's not much point in putting up signage, counterintuitively, "please don't touch" signs can even encourage touching! And they ruin the vibe of a display. If someone wants to touch it, they will.

Thanks, I'll update the map.

About the map, please could you mark the new positions for me to make sure I get them right? I'll also reorder the numbers, so all the terrors of the deep numbers will get shunted along a couple places!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on April 27, 2023, 04:13:34 PM
Quote from: DinoToyForum on April 25, 2023, 12:03:17 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2023, 07:55:06 AM
Quote from: DinoToyForum on April 25, 2023, 07:51:46 AMLooks great. The base looks a good size to me but you'll know best whether it's at risk of having teeth plucked out or being pushed over.

Where about is this in the park so I can update the map?

Here we are. It's always fun moving those numbers about..

I'm always a bit paranoid. If you could trust people to leave things alone then it wouldn't be an issue. :/

It's on the same side of the path as the Balaur, just about 60' down the trail. I also moved the Dracovenator in on the opposite side about another 60-80' down from the Tany.

Yeah, you can't. And in my experience there's not much point in putting up signage, counterintuitively, "please don't touch" signs can even encourage touching! And they ruin the vibe of a display. If someone wants to touch it, they will.

Thanks, I'll update the map.

About the map, please could you mark the new positions for me to make sure I get them right? I'll also reorder the numbers, so all the terrors of the deep numbers will get shunted along a couple places!

DinoToyForum

Thanks for the map. Ah, so the dotted section of the path can now become solid as well!

DinoToyForum

How's this? These new additions push the total number of dinosaur species in the park above 80!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on April 28, 2023, 11:35:30 AMHow's this? These new additions push the total number of dinosaur species in the park above 80!

Yes! We are getting closer to a 100!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just ran across this video and article by a local news station about us : https://www.wjhl.com/tricitiesoriginal/backyard-terrors-the-tri-cities-own-jurassic-park/

Did a little more work on the old Therizinosaurus, he's getting there.  The last museum named him Edward aka Scissorhands. I'm think Admiral Edward with these new feathery mutton chops lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

lifting the front of the Theri with the tractor to reach that tail that is way too high to reach otherwise !

triceratops83

You wacky Appalachian farmers - using old and new equipment, a tractor and a Therizinosaurus to till the fields with its claws. I'd ask which is more efficient but I see you have to haul that lazy animal around with a tractor.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on May 11, 2023, 10:39:08 AMYou wacky Appalachian farmers - using old and new equipment, a tractor and a Therizinosaurus to till the fields with its claws. I'd ask which is more efficient but I see you have to haul that lazy animal around with a tractor.

lol I was trying to figure which was older the Theri or the tractor..

Blade-of-the-Moon

Our good friend and vlogger Jacob the Carpetbagger stopped by the other day, first in a long while but glad to see him :

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 14, 2023, 04:42:31 PMOur good friend and vlogger Jacob the Carpetbagger stopped by the other day, first in a long while but glad to see him :

I already watched his first two videos and really enjoyed them. It helped me to get a better idea of the spatial layout of the park and orient myself when I was putting together the map. I'll watch this new video now!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Painting the Theri. This is probably as far as I will go until we move him in place then I'll paint the legs and arms. Just so we aren't handling sticky paint while moving it around.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Had some fun with a "Meg" toy I finally found from ages ago.

A very "oh %&*!" moment lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

Theri daylight pic

Finally working on this big Rex bust

Not sure the teeth are long enough still..was trying for a lipped version

Blade-of-the-Moon

new, quick video mentioning the park

Blade-of-the-Moon

More Rex pics.  Enlarged a couple teeth on each side and got it mounted up on a wood frame.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Almost forgot about the Shapeways store for the park, not a ton there but you can still buy our park mascot figure Big Al to help support us.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/BackyardTerrors

TooOldForDinosaurs

That looks fantastic! Excited to see it re-assembled.  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on May 29, 2023, 07:45:30 AMThat looks fantastic! Excited to see it re-assembled.  :)

Taking a week off to spend time with family. I'll finish the tongue( smaller bird tongue is still in the trend I guess? ) and lower pallet then get it mounted, then all that great jaw tissue.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: