News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

It's either Brontosaurus or Apatosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

I wonder if this will come in two color versions also?

Fembrogon

Quote from: Bread on May 05, 2023, 12:13:11 PMThe spikes on the underside of the neck is pure speculation right?
It's speculation, but based on genuine fossil material indicating some kind of unusual reinforcing going on in apatosaurine neck vertebrae, which is a good part of what prompted the "bronotsmash" concept.

Anyway, this new figure is exciting! I admit I'm a little worried about size and price, but I look forward to the full reveal all the same.

TheImmortalEye

if they release this much they should make their own aliexpress store like pnso , would make it easier to dig some of their figures up esp in europe

Bread

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 05, 2023, 02:09:01 PM
Quote from: Bread on May 05, 2023, 12:13:11 PMThe spikes on the underside of the neck is pure speculation right?
It's speculation, but based on genuine fossil material indicating some kind of unusual reinforcing going on in apatosaurine neck vertebrae, which is a good part of what prompted the "bronotsmash" concept.

Anyway, this new figure is exciting! I admit I'm a little worried about size and price, but I look forward to the full reveal all the same.
I thought I saw something about the whole reinforced neck vertebrae, but I wasn't exactly sure. Thank you.

And I wouldn't be too worried about the price. I am going to assume it will be $50 or below.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Remko on May 05, 2023, 09:44:23 AMOoh, it's going to be a good year for Sauropod lovers!!

With Rebor's Diplodocus, Guilherme Bilinski's Brontosaurus and now this beauty!

I keep forgetting I have Guiherme Bilinski's Bronto on order ad his LBT Spike figure too. Do I really need another Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus? decisions...

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 05, 2023, 04:33:33 PM
Quote from: Remko on May 05, 2023, 09:44:23 AMOoh, it's going to be a good year for Sauropod lovers!!

With Rebor's Diplodocus, Guilherme Bilinski's Brontosaurus and now this beauty!

I keep forgetting I have Guiherme Bilinski's Bronto on order ad his LBT Spike figure too. Do I really need another Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus? decisions...
Oh wow I forgot about my Guiherme Bilinski Bronto as well. Hmmmmmm, decisions are so difficult.

Concavenator

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 05, 2023, 02:21:36 PMif they release this much they should make their own aliexpress store like pnso , would make it easier to dig some of their figures up esp in europe

Yes please!! Hear hear V @vampiredesign

Also excited to see a potential Apatosaurus coming. We have had enough good Diplodocus figures already, time to show good old Apatosaurus some deserved love.

Sim

I wish Haolonggood would release new figures for the whole year, like PNSO has done, I'm enjoying Haolonggood's new figures a lot!

TheCambrianCrusader

I hope it's Brontosaurus, I'm not super in love with the Collecta figure. And this guy looks amazing so far

Sim

I hope it's Apatosaurus, its skull is known.

Stegotyranno420

I hope it is big enought to dwarf theropods in my collection. Extremely excited for this. Probs gonna be $100 though

SidB

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 05, 2023, 11:58:34 PMI hope it is big enought to dwarf theropods in my collection. Extremely excited for this. Probs gonna be $100 though
I bet that with postage, that going to be the price range, if not a bit more. Still, I'm looking forward to getting one if it lives up to its promise.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: SidB on May 06, 2023, 12:32:27 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 05, 2023, 11:58:34 PMI hope it is big enought to dwarf theropods in my collection. Extremely excited for this. Probs gonna be $100 though
I bet that with postage, that going to be the price range, if not a bit more. Still, I'm looking forward to getting one if it lives up to its promise.
I really hope it only stays 50(or less), free shipping, and 1:35 scale. Unlikely but a boy can dream.

Bread

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 ordering through Aliexpress sellers like MyOnlineToyStore and ModelToyCenter have free shipping 99% of the time. The large Nanmu Apatosaurus was and I still think has free shipping, being an expensive model and all, too.

vampiredesign

Apatosaurus :) Thank you all, I have received all the information. Yes, we still have a lot of work to do. We will not disclose the plan for the new product year, and we hope everyone understands.
I will work hard to solve the purchase issue. Thank you all, as I have been spending my time developing and designing. This year's new product has too much work, and each product will have 2 design colors.
If there is a suitable European agent, you can contact me. After all, our main focus is on production and design, not sales.

SidB

Ah, Apatosaurus! For me, this will fill the void left when the Carnegie Collection ended in 2015, just short of 2016 , when the rumored Forest Rogers Apatosaurus was to be released, but obviously never was. We've needed a full-sized (1/35-1/40) scientifically accurate one for many years. The Papo one is a subadult and Safari's excellent 2010 figure is simply too small.

Flaffy

Very happy it's Apatosaurus! I would've liked Brontosaurus as well, but Apato just ranks a bit higher on my sauropod list.
Safari's 2010 Apatosaurus had a great run until now, time to pass the torch! ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 06, 2023, 01:43:53 AM
Quote from: SidB on May 06, 2023, 12:32:27 AM
I really hope it only stays 50(or less), free shipping, and 1:35 scale. Unlikely but a boy can dream.

Totally off topic but you reminded me of this :
Off on a nostalgia trip now..  ^-^

TheImmortalEye

im scared it might be more, theire t rex 1:35 costed 100 and therizino 70, so i hope they make the price managable for a big animal, shipping will also become a big issue unless its hollow ( from pic unlikely)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: