News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeU

The necks for Cars and Cars UL are different as well. I wonder that means there is an additional seam at the base of the neck.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on May 07, 2023, 03:20:00 PMI wonder why such a drastic difference in the models? Kiss and Tusk were pretty much identical excluding the colorscheme and presence of lips.

I feel as though the non-lipped version is going to sell a lot less even when compared to Tusk. It's pretty much a JW copy (imo).

It all depends what people want. If you wanted a JW Giga without the all the spiney bits then they found a good niche. How many want that is the question. I'm good with either a movie monster replica or a scientific model, though I'm sure there are a lot of inbetweeners.

Carnoking

For as ugly as Ultimate Lifeform is, I still would have preferred that look in Dominion.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Carnoking on May 07, 2023, 04:57:21 PMFor as ugly as Ultimate Lifeform is, I still would have preferred that look in Dominion.

its the glowup version of that shrinkwrapped croc- moviebeast

Mattyonyx

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 08, 2023, 07:21:16 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on May 07, 2023, 04:57:21 PMFor as ugly as Ultimate Lifeform is, I still would have preferred that look in Dominion.

its the glowup version of that shrinkwrapped croc- movie beast

Even more, it's an almost exact replica of this Giganotosaurus edit, made by Aram Papazyan.

It was a very popular artwork, and for good reasons: it shows how the right tweaks could have made it more identifiable as Giganotosaurus without affecting the Jurassic World aesthetics.

So, "borrowing" this design is a pretty clever choice...

Thialfi

Not exactly prehistoric, but what the heck, Rebor's huge 1:6 American Alligator (61 centimeters long!):

Pliosaurking

As a massive crocodilian fan I will definitely be getting this guy! I think I may get the "downpour version, as I perfer the wet look of it.

Over9K

triceratops83

And where's half the other stuff? I'm a bit annoyed I held off on Mesozoic Rhapsody in favour of the green version, now you can't get the blue one anywhere. And boy was I keen for the Invicta Rex. I also was interested in the Pinta Island Tortoise. Might pick up the Alligator. The problem with Rebor is that you don't get much time to think it over - you've gotta get it before it's discontinued.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Thialfi on May 09, 2023, 12:33:39 AMNot exactly prehistoric, but what the heck, Rebor's huge 1:6 American Alligator (61 centimeters long!):

Not sure which one I prefer the most. I'll definitely get one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on May 09, 2023, 02:38:48 AMAnd where's half the other stuff? I'm a bit annoyed I held off on Mesozoic Rhapsody in favour of the green version, now you can't get the blue one anywhere. And boy was I keen for the Invicta Rex. I also was interested in the Pinta Island Tortoise. Might pick up the Alligator. The problem with Rebor is that you don't get much time to think it over - you've gotta get it before it's discontinued.

They said something about the factory being the problem, regardless I find it's best not to wait.

Flaffy

Best not to get too excited until it actually reaches retailers. Might get unceremoneously cancelled like Lonesome George afterall... O:-)

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2023, 05:06:35 AMNot sure which one I prefer the most. I'll definitely get one.

Both look good - one's just crawled out of the water and the other's been basking in the sun. Don't know which I like better. I wanna stick it in the back seat of my car so if I get pulled over by the cops they'll think I pinched a croc from somewhere.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2023, 05:08:22 AM
Quote from: triceratops83 on May 09, 2023, 02:38:48 AMAnd where's half the other stuff? I'm a bit annoyed I held off on Mesozoic Rhapsody in favour of the green version, now you can't get the blue one anywhere. And boy was I keen for the Invicta Rex. I also was interested in the Pinta Island Tortoise. Might pick up the Alligator. The problem with Rebor is that you don't get much time to think it over - you've gotta get it before it's discontinued.

They said something about the factory being the problem, regardless I find it's best not to wait.

Correct. The factory we are working with has been an absolutely aris, they would give us a quote when a product was at the development stage then rise the price up to 50% a few months later when we are about to start the manufacturing saying that costs of labour and raw materials have gone up quite a bit while the truth is they need money desperately to feed their financial black hole caused by gambling and something far worse. We can eithre put those products on hold and accept the sunk cost spent on development or accept their outrageous demands and have those products manufactured with negative margins.

The good news is we found a much better factory last year and have transferred some of our old projects there including Lonesome George and Plastic Love. Their quotes are reasonable so soon we'll start seeing those "cancelled" products hitting the market.

Bread

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on May 09, 2023, 02:34:56 PMThe good news is we found a much better factory last year and have transferred some of our old projects there including Lonesome George and Plastic Love. Their quotes are reasonable so soon we'll start seeing those "cancelled" products hitting the market.
That's good to hear! Hope to see Lonesome George soon!

I'll definitely be going for the Basking Sun variant as I find flat/matte coloration to be more appealing on my shelf. This will go well with my Alligator skull >:D

triceratops83

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on May 09, 2023, 02:34:56 PMthe truth is they need money desperately to feed their financial black hole caused by gambling and something far worse.

Sounds like your old factory was run by a Bond villain.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: triceratops83 on May 09, 2023, 02:47:32 PM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on May 09, 2023, 02:34:56 PMthe truth is they need money desperately to feed their financial black hole caused by gambling and something far worse.

They weren't like this before. Guess greed and temptations do change people, a lot.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on May 09, 2023, 02:19:40 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2023, 05:06:35 AMNot sure which one I prefer the most. I'll definitely get one.

Both look good - one's just crawled out of the water and the other's been basking in the sun. Don't know which I like better. I wanna stick it in the back seat of my car so if I get pulled over by the cops they'll think I pinched a croc from somewhere.

lol I tried to avoid police interaction at all costs.  Both look good is my problem, I guess if the cost is right I will get both then decide?

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on May 09, 2023, 03:45:59 PM
Quote from: triceratops83 on May 09, 2023, 02:47:32 PM

They weren't like this before. Guess greed and temptations do change people, a lot.

Wasn't that a similar problem that Vitae had? There is good and bad everywhere, just takes a few wrong decisions. I've heard a lot of issues with the Chinese factories recently. Many closed, higher prices, govt stepping in on them.  It sounds like yours is just making excuses, yes prices did go up but they have also been coming down now. I have seen a lot of places use that excuse though.

Over9K

Meanwhile... on Facebook...

Bread

Honestly that's pretty good. They're praised by many here, and I may just have to acquire that Garden variant.

My only disappointment I still have is avoiding the Acrocanthosaurus! Bring it back!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: