News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Your Favorite Artwork(s) of Your Favorite Fossil Species

Started by HD-man, April 07, 2022, 10:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Time for Centrosaurus. One of my favorite ceratopsians, probably because of Prehistoric Beast and looking at artwork by Doug Henderson and Greg Paul as a kid.

Doug Henderson

Greg Paul

Greg Wenzel. Too bad we never got a Battat Centrosaurus!

My most current favorite has to be this one, by Pheaston.

I love the PNSO Centrosaurus but I would have loved it more if it resembled any of the animals depicted in the above works. Maybe we'll get one from Safari and Doug Watson some day.

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Gwangi

HD-man

Quote from: Sim on March 07, 2023, 10:30:10 AMTime for Ornitholestes hermanni!

PNSO's is probably my favorite:

Quote from: Sim on March 07, 2023, 10:30:10 AMMoving on, it's Dromaeosaurus albertensis next!

I especially like Fred Wierum's & BotM's, though I'm surprised PhP's didn't make the cut:

Quiversaurus

Quite glad that I stumbled onto this thread! What an interesting topic, I was just looking at a few images of one of my favourite species, Kentrosaurus.

Couldn't find many illustrations of these species, much less ones I really liked, so here are three of my favourites:

PNSO's rendition:

Source

I like the colour tones and angle on this one:

Source

Lastly, what looks like a 3D render:

Source

There's something about the Stegosaurian bauplan that's just so aesthetically pleasing to me~

Gwangi

Those are some great Kentrosaurus avatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus. We really need a good, modern figure of one.

Gwangi

Quite possibly my absolute favorite ceratopsian, Pachyrhinosaurus. So much great paleoart for this one.

James Havens

Mark Witton

Julio Lacerda

UncommonDiapsid

Andrey Atuchin

Sim

I hadn't seen PNSO's Ornitholestes, I like it a lot too!  As for Prehistoric Planet's dromaeosaur, I actually haven't watched Prehistoric Planet (I tried a free offer for Apple TV that came with my new phone but there was an error and I wasn't able to proceed, so I just gave up on watching it).  I watched the Youtube video that you linked, HD-man, and it is a great reconstruction but they are only identified as dromaeosaurs, not Dromaeosaurus.

HD-man

Sim

Thanks for the link, there's some interesting stuff there!  However, as Darren Naish says, one can pretend it's one of the other dromaeosaurids known from that area, so it doesn't seem to be intended to be Dromaeosaurus specifically.  Dromaeosaurus was just what it was based on.

Concavenator

Bread

I could spend my entire day looking at prehistoric fauna artwork. Makes me want to get all most of my figures repainted!

Besides my love for Shrepnick's work, I have a likeness for quite a few of well-known or social media artist.

Gabriel Ugueto's work has always been my favorite.

I even had a PNSO Yutyrannus repainted to match his Yutyrannus artwork.

An instagram artist by the name of Ttorroo has also been one of my favorites recently. I like the shading he uses.

Another instagram artist by the name of ghpaleoart creates 3D renders and animations. I like the fleshy-ness designs. Can be seen as dull but near life-like in my eyes.

Look, I could go through and name hundreds if not thousands of artwork and artist, but just sharing a few of my favorites at the moment. I'll probably revisit this and add more... :))

Gwangi

I'm also a big fan of Gabriel Ugueto's work but I had not seen his Yutyrannus. Thanks for sharing that avatar_Bread @Bread, it might be my new favorite depiction of Yutyrannus.

Bread

Quote from: Gwangi on May 11, 2023, 04:32:22 PMI'm also a big fan of Gabriel Ugueto's work but I had not seen his Yutyrannus. Thanks for sharing that avatar_Bread @Bread, it might be my new favorite depiction of Yutyrannus.
Of course! Being one of my favorite prehistoric creatures, I had to search for an appealing representation! I legit think I just google searched "Yutyrannus" and Gabriel's work appeared close to the top of results.

Sim

Hydrotherosaurus alexandrae:

By Nobu Tamura
  (Image source)

By DiBgd
  (Image source)

Saurornitholestes langstoni:

By Emily Willoughby
  (Image source)

By ABelov2014
  (Image source)

Concavenator

HD-man

Quote from: Sim on March 24, 2023, 10:26:34 PMHowever, as Darren Naish says, one can pretend it's one of the other dromaeosaurids known from that area,

Sure, but to be fair, one can pretend that anything is anything else. Put another way, even though JP's Velciraptor are clearly meant to be V. antirrhopus (I.e. Deinonychus), some fans insist on pretending that they're V. mongoliensis ( https://twitter.com/R1ch4rd20032022/status/1645253862113042432 ).

Quote from: Bread on May 11, 2023, 03:34:12 PMI even had a PNSO Yutyrannus repainted to match his Yutyrannus artwork.

PNSO's 2D Yutyrannus are my favorite! For those who haven't see them:

Quote from: Concavenator on May 10, 2023, 05:46:19 PMAustroraptor by Gabriel Ugueto.

I especially like the colors. What do you think of PhP's Austroraptor?:

Quote from: Sim on May 11, 2023, 05:20:10 PMSaurornitholestes langstoni:

I don't think about Saurornitholestes as much as other eudromaeosaurs, but if I had to pick a favorite, it'd probably be Sharpe's:

Quote from: Concavenator on May 19, 2023, 08:46:03 PMUtahraptor by @paleo_sauce.

Nice! If I had to pick a favorite, it'd probably be Witton's:

Sim

Wow, Prehistoric Planet's Austroraptor looks amazing!  Maybe I need to get round to watching both series of it sometime soon.  I like the Saurornitholestes and Utahraptor artwork you posted too, H @HD-man!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: