News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PREHISTORIC PLANET

Started by dragon53, May 08, 2019, 05:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

HD-man

Quote from: Bread on May 02, 2023, 04:51:25 PM
Quote from: Lynx on May 02, 2023, 04:46:39 PMI have not. But when there's no papers out to the public, from what I am seeing, that says 'yes, this is most definitely velociraptor', then nothing is extremely concrete. I never said it was impossible, nor that there is no base to it, merely that, from what information the public does have, it isn't extremely concrete.
But we also do not have papers to say it isn't Velociraptor.

With information like this, it is best to not nitpick it if there isn't a definitive yes or no.

I'm surprised some members are still confused, given how many times we've been over this ( https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7869.msg320256#msg320256 ). Specifically, as Stargatdalek pointed out in s1, there IS a Nemegt dromaeosaurid referred to as Velociraptor sp. ( https://books.google.com/books?id=L-ZFPTKroVoC&pg=PA23&dq=%22nemegt%22+%22tarbosaurus%22+%22velociraptor+sp.%22 ).

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 05, 2023, 10:15:57 PM
Spoiler

Adolescent Velociraptors shown in "Prehistoric Planet," premiering May 23 on Apple TV+
[close]

Spoiler
Loving the new Velociraptor color morph! Also, it looks like there's gonna be a Utahraptor-like family group of Velociraptor. I see what looks like 2 adults, 1 subadult/juvenile, & 6 babies.
[close]
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Carnoking

I thought it started tomorrow but Islands is already streaming!

Dynomikegojira

Quote from: Carnoking on May 22, 2023, 02:51:16 AMI thought it started tomorrow but Islands is already streaming!
Thanks for the heads up I just finished watching it. Great start to season 2

Carnoking

I did as well! I actually got on to watch an episode or two of season 1 in anticipation of tomorrow but when I saw that episode one was available, I couldn't  hold off. And what a start to season 2! A lot of great sequences and perhaps some of the best CGI the series has offered yet.
Happy to say I'm eating my words and all my previously voiced concerns have been put to rest.

Dynomikegojira

Yeah Hatzegopteryx really showed why it's the apex predator of Europe this has been the Prehistoric Planet's best predatory sequence yet.

Bread

Definitely a great start to the second season.

Not going to post any spoilers for these but is anyone else aware that the bonus content that is usually released when the episode pertaining to that bonus content is now available? Feel like this wasn't supposed to happen. Oh well, watched it anyways and I am bound to watch it again ;D

Duna

Quote from: Bread on May 22, 2023, 04:27:46 AMis anyone else aware that the bonus content that is usually released when the episode pertaining to that bonus content is now available? Feel like this wasn't supposed to happen. Oh well, watched it anyways and I am bound to watch it again ;D
It seems they also added bonus content to each episode, in this they explained the life of Azhdarchids. But they also released some more extra content! You can even have now a glimpse of other episodes that have not been released, too! Like:

- Extra 1: How good were the T-rex senses? The tyrannosaurus pair hunting together!
- Extra 2: How ankylosaurids used their tails? You can watch the Tarchia brothers fighting at the water pool.
- Extra 3: What else lived alongside the dinosaurs? You can see the beelzebufo at the pond with sauropods, new marine reptiles from other episodes and the mammals and hatzegopteryx from episode 1 and .... the fight between Hank and the hatzegopteryx and
Spoiler
the hatzes WINS. No, I can't accept that. No leopard or lion would be ever intimidated by correlative sized marabous, storks and similars.
[close]
- Extra 4: How did dinosaurs get so big? My favourite! All the sauropods from Season 1 and new from 2, together! Majestic!
- Extra 5: What do we really know about ammonites? Lots of ammonite species! Amazing. And the asteroid impact on the Earth, too (meaning the end of the ammonites. I don't know if that would be part of the last episode, 5).

By the way, I've registered for free and I must say that I love this chapter even more than the last season (except that of Velociraptor which is my absolute favourite). The path of the episode is very calm and well done. My new favourite design is Majungasaurus (from Gabriel Ugueto) and my new favourite weirdo is Simosuchus (ILOVETHATGUY). ;D

JimoAi

Spoiler
Madtsoia was an unexpected addition!
[close]

Bread

Quote from: Duna on May 22, 2023, 12:04:15 PM
Quote from: Bread on May 22, 2023, 04:27:46 AMis anyone else aware that the bonus content that is usually released when the episode pertaining to that bonus content is now available? Feel like this wasn't supposed to happen. Oh well, watched it anyways and I am bound to watch it again ;D
It seems they added that bonus content to the episode, in this they explained the life of Azhdarchids. I would have loved they put that in Youtube as extra content like last year.

Not the ending bonus content added to the episode. I am referring to the bonus content separate from the episode. If you scroll down below the season list and episode list, you will see there is bonus content.

For example, one is titled "How good were T. rex senses?" The clips shown are from the new episodes, which are not out yet.

Nanuqsaurus

I just watched the new episode, and I absolutely loved it! :D It's amazing to see some really obscure prehistoric creatures getting the spotlight for once, and in such a lifelike way too. The only thing I'm wondering about is if the Maastrichtian antarctic climate in the show is correct. Dinosaurs in the snow always looks good and I love it, but would there really that much snowfall? Would lakes completely freeze over in winter? I thought Antarctica would be much more temperate during this period. But I might be completely wrong and maybe cold winters weren't that uncommon, so I would love to hear more about this!

Brocc21

Fantastic start to season 2. Although, and not to be negative, it was a little bizarre for them to once again include Hatzeg island, and once again not explain what about it is so unique and special. Otherwise fantastic episode, if a little short.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Pliosaurking

I think this was a great episode and a great start to season 2, and I absolutely loved the Simosuchus scene! It did feel a little short but other than that a grand start!

Faelrin

Haven't been able to watch it yet (been busy with packing the apartment up all day), but I did see a clip of the Majungasaurus and Simosuchus scene. Was also glad to see on Instagram earlier today that Gabriel Ugueto worked on the designs for the Majungasaurus and Simosuchus. One of my favorite paleoartists and I only discovered him recently (shortly before he did some package art for the BotM Tyrannosaur series).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dynomikegojira

Finished Badlands definitely continues the awe inspiring visuals. Definitely more dino focused than Islands with some returning faces in some new exciting scenes one of which is a little inspired by a scene in Peter Jackson's King Kong although much more tame in comparison as well as several new species including a surprise one that we never considered. Can't wait for Wetlands tomorrow.

Jose S.M.

Seems like I'm not going to be able to watch it because apple tv is not letting me sign up with my previous account and doesn't allow me to create a new one with my husband's email addresses. I really hate Apple TV

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 23, 2023, 03:51:20 AMSeems like I'm not going to be able to watch it because apple tv is not letting me sign up with my previous account and doesn't allow me to create a new one with my husband's email addresses. I really hate Apple TV
I feel like it would had been much more successful than it already is(which really is saying something) if they chose, say, Netflix which i think is more common than Apple Tv

Dynomikegojira

Quote from: Jose S.M. on May 23, 2023, 03:51:20 AMSeems like I'm not going to be able to watch it because apple tv is not letting me sign up with my previous account and doesn't allow me to create a new one with my husband's email addresses. I really hate Apple TV
Would you like my account info

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Dynomikegojira on May 23, 2023, 04:02:16 AM
Would you like my account info

Well I'm not in the us but I would gladly give it a shot if it doesn't brings you any trouble

dragon53

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: