News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pliosaurking

I honestly don't know what to think of this figure...
On one hand I like it, and it looks like their best Tyrannosaurus yet.
But on another the paint scheme is rather repetitive, and those teeth are a bit goofy looking as well.
And am I willing to pay full price for this figure? Probably not, might get it on sale however.

Fembrogon

I think Cameron looks very good; but I'm already sated on T. rex figures, so I have no intention of trying to buy this one.

Hopefully we get some new variety soon. Maniraptorans, pterosaurs, marine reptiles, etc. - I love giant theropods but I want more than that.

Sim

Well, I like this new Tyrannosaurus!  I'm planning to get it. :)  I find it interesting PNSO didn't call it Wilson.  With regards to other things mentioned:

1. I find the way Eofauna did lips on their Tyrannosaurus offputting, and I dislike small amounts of feathers on reconstructions, so the Eofauna Tyrannosaurus is not for me.

2. I would love a figure of Austroraptor!

3. I would also love a figure of Gorgosaurus!  I'm curious to see if avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator's thought about the possibility of a series of tyrannosauroids from PNSO will actually happen!  Besides Gorgosaurus, I'd like to have a figure of Bistahieversor and Daspletosaurus horneri.

4. I would like an adult 1:35 Spinosaurus from PNSO!

5. The tail club handle of Ankylosaurus appears to have a downwards dip in it, so Sede's tail is apparently not inaccurate: https://www.deviantart.com/getawaytrike/art/Heavy-armored-special-615655175

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 22, 2023, 03:45:22 PMHopefully we get some new variety soon. Maniraptorans, pterosaurs, marine reptiles, etc.
Yes, yes, YES!

Skorpio V.

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 22, 2023, 01:50:58 PM
Quote from: Skorpio V. on May 22, 2023, 01:47:43 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 22, 2023, 01:35:14 PM
Quote from: Skorpio V. on May 22, 2023, 01:04:31 PMOne thing that I find concerning is the kink upwards in the tail when viewed from Cameron's left side. I'm sure some hot-water bending would fix it since it's subtle but do we know the extents Tyrannosaur tails could bend?

its not really a bend its more of a low swung and yes they almost certainly could do that since otherwise it would be horrible anatomy ( they need to be able to move in nature, sleep and move through difficult terrain while balancing. i find it kinda ugly too though ngl didnt love it on the meraxes too

It's a lot more natural in the Meraxes, in Cameron it looks more disjointed and starts at an odd spot. It's not noticeable from the right side though. I was only asking because something this trivial was pinpointed on Sede the Ankylosaurus.

sorry if i came off judgemental or smth, and yes meraxes is lower but both def possible, since even andreas tailpose is, charcharos as far as i know had way more stiff tales than tyrannosaurs aswell. sedes problem is that this is def an impossible pose for the bones to hold permanently if noninjured- tail was straight as a board with movement side to side.

Oh don't even worry man, you didn't! 

————————————————————

The inconsistency between their art pieces and actual models are to be expected but some omissions are pretty odd. Every iteration of Qianzhousaurus they've done has had feathers (their bust, the mini, and artwork) up until the main line release.

It'd be interesting to see PNSO release a multi-pack of models or something as a growth stages set, since they have so many iterations of Tyrannosaurus in similar paint schemes for a reason.  It'd be well over $200 but it's bound to get some sales for the wearier buyers who haven't jumped the gun on any of them as of yet. Or even a dueling pair of a Nanotyrannus and juvenile rex would be cool considering their stance on them being synonymous.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Sim

I'd rather PNSO didn't make any more Tyrannosaurus figure products for a long time now.

Remko

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 22, 2023, 03:23:04 PMthe lingwulong ngl makes me loose sleep at night XD . cause ur right and wrong, it does have skincovering lips and also the pseudobeak, yet they decided to have the upper teeth stick out as if its lipless....while having the beak. so jeah im no blind defender idk wtf they sometimes thinking

I see what you mean. The figure is displayed quite high in my room, so I never really noticed that.
But I watched DinoDragons review of the figure this weekend and, yeah... That...  ;D  ;D

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Skorpio V. on May 22, 2023, 04:13:48 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 22, 2023, 01:50:58 PM
Quote from: Skorpio V. on May 22, 2023, 01:47:43 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 22, 2023, 01:35:14 PM
Quote from: Skorpio V. on May 22, 2023, 01:04:31 PMOne thing that I find concerning is the kink upwards in the tail when viewed from Cameron's left side. I'm sure some hot-water bending would fix it since it's subtle but do we know the extents Tyrannosaur tails could bend?

its not really a bend its more of a low swung and yes they almost certainly could

————————————————————

The inconsistency between their art pieces and actual models are to be expected but some omissions are pretty odd. Every iteration of Qianzhousaurus they've done has had feathers (their bust, the mini, and artwork) up until the main line release.

It'd be interesting to see PNSO release a multi-pack of models or something as a growth stages set, since they have so many iterations of Tyrannosaurus in similar paint schemes for a reason.  It'd be well over $200 but it's bound to get some sales for the wearier buyers who haven't jumped.

Pnso Quanzhosaurus himself is sort of a headache, not 1:35 , not color like artwork, no feather like artwortk, i like him but hes weird as a figure.

And jeah id jump on smth like that 200-300 dollar dioramas or growthstages including multiple figures too small or unimressive on their own but amazing together ( 3 velociraptor stalking a protoceratops etc)

SRF

Seeing the in hand pictures of Cameron, it looks like he has exactly the same pose as the very first Wilson. Funny how different both models are in every other aspect.
But today, I'm just being father

Joel1905

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on May 22, 2023, 12:04:35 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 22, 2023, 11:44:49 AMI see that this one is named Cameron, not Wilson.

Not having lips is increasingly becoming a deal breaker. And PNSO makes way too much of the tooth visible. The teeth on Cameron look like a Mattel toy.

since this is brought up often, for better or worse pnso seemingly now REALLY digs into believing dinosaurs have no lips, this extends to even species who almost certainly had them ( iguanodon) . the talking points and arguments are mentioned in the old wilson video explaination and havent changed.

Huh? PNSO's Iguanodon DOES have lips though? As does the Tsintaosaurus.

Joel1905

Well, I'll definitely be getting Cameron, it's just so frustrating that it doesn't have lips after the new paper. It's ALMOST the definitive Tyrannosaurus model, if it had lips, it'd be perfect.

I suppose I'll just ship it to Bravo Models to get some lips added to it when its released.

SidB

Quote from: Joel1905 on May 22, 2023, 07:37:05 PMWell, I'll definitely be getting Cameron, it's just so frustrating that it doesn't have lips after the new paper. It's ALMOST the definitive Tyrannosaurus model, if it had lips, it'd be perfect.

I suppose I'll just ship it to Bravo Models to get some lips added to it when its released.
J @Joel1905 , how much would a lip transplant cost from Bravo Models?

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Joel1905 on May 22, 2023, 07:33:49 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 22, 2023, 11:44:49 AMI see that this one is named Cameron, not Wilson.

Not having lips is increasingly becoming a deal breaker. And PNSO makes way too much of the tooth visible. The teeth on Cameron look like a Mattel toy.

since this is brought up often, for better or worse pnso seemingly now REALLY digs into believing dinosaurs have no lips, this extends to even species who almost certainly had them ( iguanodon) . the talking points and arguments are mentioned in the old wilson video explaination and havent changed.

Lips, but not Cheeks.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Joel1905

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 22, 2023, 08:15:24 PM
Quote from: Joel1905 on May 22, 2023, 07:33:49 PM

Lips, but not Cheeks.

Cheeks are a mammalian adaptation for suckling. Dr Nabavizadeh's paper explains it, also a lot of credible paleoartists are portraying Ornithischians with lizard like lips, not cheeks.

Thialfi

Yeah, I find it hard to get excited about this model, beautifly crafted as it may be it's just not different enough from Winter Wilson, and the market is flooded by good Rexes. Which in itself is an unprecedented luxury of course. It's pretty crazy we aren't too hyped about what would have been the ultimate T Rex a couple of years ago.

Gotta say Museum Line doesn't really help its cause either. That price hike basically prizes it out of the market I feel. That, and the teeth.

Then again, PNSO doesn't owe me anything, I understand that an updated T Rex is something they'd like to have on the market. They've brought out a lot of amazing models over the years. I am absolutely sure they will continue doing that in years to come.

Quiversaurus

Cameron looks great to me! Really like the scalation and overall feel, even the colour. I'm not as excited for it though, perhaps because Wilson still has special meaning to me, and likely won't get Cameron, especially cause he's in the Museum line.

Found myself more excited for him than the Mapusaurus though, so there's that...

I'm still kinda on the fence regarding lips, until further information comes to light, but honestly I find both sides have their good points.

Wonder what PNSO will come up with next. I honestly wouldn't mind more tyrannosaurids (Albertosaurus, Gorgosaurus, Daspletosaurus, etc), especially if they're in 1:35 scale too, but only time will tell. I'm glad we have Haolonggood to look forward to as well.

Antey

The choice of the next PNSO model is not very clear. This is already the fifth (!) tyrannosaurus rex! Yes, they are constantly improving something, but I don't see a cardinal breakthrough. And the most annoying thing is that each of their models has some obvious flaw that makes you doubt the purchase. "Iguanodon" with the skull of a Mantellosaurus, Triceratops with strange horns that interfere with eating. Now a T-Rex with ugly teeth. It's not that they're not hidden by lips, they're just disgustingly sculpted! As if they were sausages, they are the same size (which was not), they have rounded ends. As if a small child inserted plasticine sausages into a luxurious model.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Antey on May 23, 2023, 06:24:48 AMThe choice of the next PNSO model is not very clear. This is already the fifth (!) tyrannosaurus rex! Yes, they are constantly improving something, but I don't see a cardinal breakthrough. And the most annoying thing is that each of their models has some obvious flaw that makes you doubt the purchase. "Iguanodon" with the skull of a Mantellosaurus, Triceratops with strange horns that interfere with eating. Now a T-Rex with ugly teeth. It's not that they're not hidden by lips, they're just disgustingly sculpted! As if they were sausages, they are the same size (which was not), they have rounded ends. As if a small child inserted plasticine sausages into a luxurious model.

which is made way worse by their pricing, example haolonggoods pentas trike has some weird " croc scutes" that are highly speculative but its 35 bucks and massive, the trike only has the horns and maybe that the specimen might be a torosaurus, but its 60-70 and the t rex is 80 in my country, thats insane for it

also i love the fine scutes but compared to wilsons corn cobs, after a single drop they will flake, my mapusaurus even flaked after just touching the wrinkles with my hand.

Medzo

Quote from: Antey on May 23, 2023, 06:24:48 AM... Now a T-Rex with ugly teeth. It's not that they're not hidden by lips, they're just disgustingly sculpted! As if they were sausages, they are the same size (which was not), they have rounded ends. As if a small child inserted plasticine sausages into a luxurious model.

I think you are still basing this of that teaser zoomed in picture. Guys, that is like twice the size of the actual model. Every PNSO theropod teeth is like that from that close. The in-hand pictures look just fine.

Rain

Tune in next month to meet Johnathan the T rex, an all new T rex sculpt from PNSO, complete with lips!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: