News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 27, 2023, 01:49:07 PMNo I haven't S @SidB.  Maybe Remko is correct. I saw something a while back on Facebook by Paleofiguras that implied it was a new Haolonggood colour scheme. But maybe it wasn't after all.

That's what I saw too. As to why I posted it originally.

That's a shame if it is just a repaint. I like this colorscheme shown.

DragonRider02

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on May 27, 2023, 01:47:41 PMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy, I noticed that Martin has left the manus with two digits in contact with the ground, instead of three. Is that correct? I thought that Ouranosaurus had five digits, being somewhat basal, two retracted and three weight-bearing. Am I wrong?

Yes it does have five digits, with 3 being somewhat weight bearing, but in life Ouranosaurus would've only been only facultatively quadrupedal based on forelimb proportions.

Regarding the actual digits themselves, I didn't request Martin to help me make the digits more distinct from each other as it would've likely been a risky procedure on such a thin piece of plastic. I also didn't request Martin to paint in digit IV as it probably would've been covered in skin rather than ending in a claw, not dissimilar to most other derived dinosaurs with clawless digits IV & V. Emily's artwork below shows this clearly with the Iguanodon manus + comparisons. i.e. there are still 3 digits contacting the ground, but only two have claws.

ceratopsian

SidB

Thanks, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy, that's useful - I'm getting my Haolonggood's manus and crests modified, so this gives a clear sense of direction.

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 27, 2023, 01:49:07 PMNo I haven't S @SidB.  Maybe Remko is correct. I saw something a while back on Facebook by Paleofiguras that implied it was a new Haolonggood colour scheme. But maybe it wasn't after all.

Maybe - odd that it was pegged at that crazy price. Well, I won't hold my breath.

Takama

Quote from: DragonRider02 on May 27, 2023, 06:52:09 PMhttps://www.facebook.com/Paleofiguras/posts/pfbid02HayFzxxdjL65zxJb8p87seDuGXUerALXvWJcwbMhGPbYwE4Q8KguTirb927g7gpul
Here's post about the Quetz repaint. It supposedly somehow costs almost 90$.

It Was Avalible here

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/B74AC7BF-C183-4837-8E70-8234446711C7?ingress=2&visitId=ae14ae2f-7a26-4b60-a9ce-240c0f0a701c&ref_=ast_bln

This is HAOLONGGOODS Store, and as you can see this is a Special Edtion Section of the Store, However, everything is sold Out.

By The Way  I Recently Boght a Dicreasaurus from them here, and I Highly Recomend them.

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_Takama @Takama.

I can't currently see it, as the store doesn't ship to the UK. I'll need to make up a US zip code to look!

Quote from: Takama on May 27, 2023, 08:57:43 PM
Quote from: DragonRider02 on May 27, 2023, 06:52:09 PMhttps://www.facebook.com/Paleofiguras/posts/pfbid02HayFzxxdjL65zxJb8p87seDuGXUerALXvWJcwbMhGPbYwE4Q8KguTirb927g7gpul
Here's post about the Quetz repaint. It supposedly somehow costs almost 90$.

It Was Avalible here

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/B74AC7BF-C183-4837-8E70-8234446711C7?ingress=2&visitId=ae14ae2f-7a26-4b60-a9ce-240c0f0a701c&ref_=ast_bln

This is HAOLONGGOODS Store, and as you can see this is a Special Edtion Section of the Store, However, everything is sold Out.

By The Way  I Recently Boght a Dicreasaurus from them here, and I Highly Recomend them.

vampiredesign

Where is the store you mentioned where I will sell some unique color versions, and I will have time to work on other paint design plans. I will complete it all myself, and there will be my signature card. I will also draw some different color schemes in the future.

ceratopsian

If you sell your unique colour versions in Haolonggood's amazon.com store, V @vampiredesign, I cannot buy them from that store.  This is because amazon.com does not ship anything to my country (UK). I think amazon.com will sell only to people in the USA.

Quote from: vampiredesign on May 28, 2023, 06:58:31 AMWhere is the store you mentioned where I will sell some unique color versions, and I will have time to work on other paint design plans. I will complete it all myself, and there will be my signature card. I will also draw some different color schemes in the future.

postsaurischian

Hm, they do ship to Germany. I just never use amazon.com because it's too expensive and they ask for a credit card, which I do not use.

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 28, 2023, 09:16:37 AMIf you sell your unique colour versions in Haolonggood's amazon.com store, V @vampiredesign, I cannot buy them from that store.  This is because amazon.com does not ship anything to my country (UK). I think amazon.com will sell only to people in the USA.

Quote from: vampiredesign on May 28, 2023, 06:58:31 AMWhere is the store you mentioned where I will sell some unique color versions, and I will have time to work on other paint design plans. I will complete it all myself, and there will be my signature card. I will also draw some different color schemes in the future.

ceratopsian

Interesting, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian!  I had imagined the UK was not the only country on the banned list. Perhaps it is! I don't think it's amazon.com as a whole, as some years ago I bought PNSO from amazon.com when that was the only option for getting hold of them.  It certainly isn't a route I would choose except as a last resort

postsaurischian

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 28, 2023, 10:47:04 AMInteresting, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian!  I had imagined the UK was not the only country on the banned list. Perhaps it is! I don't think it's amazon.com as a whole, as some years ago I bought PNSO from amazon.com when that was the only option for getting hold of them.  It certainly isn't a route I would choose except as a last resort

It's strange, especially since the UK and the U.S. have a special relationship historically (the language alone!).
I can't believe the UK is on a "banned list" ... it's just as strange as some AliExpress sellers suddenly stopped shipping to Germany.
I don't see any guiding thread here, but I don't understand global economy anyway :P .

stargatedalek

Generally it's because of protectionist policies. Some countries get spiteful over imports and put unreasonable tariffs on things that don't warrant it, so businesses put those countries on "ban lists" to avoid headaches or customer complaints about fees.

ceratopsian

But that doesn't explain why postsaurischian in Germany can buy from some AliExpress shops but not others.  So it isn't always the case.

Also it isn't a blanket ban by amazon.com on sales to the UK.  Some toys (and other items) are available to the UK market.  And I know from personal experience that when I buy items for personal use from the USA (not for resale etc), the only barrier is that I need to pay the appropriate UK VAT rate on delivery, plus a handling fee - if the seller has not already added in the UK VAT and collected it on payment (as sometimes happens).

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 28, 2023, 07:16:26 PMGenerally it's because of protectionist policies. Some countries get spiteful over imports and put unreasonable tariffs on things that don't warrant it, so businesses put those countries on "ban lists" to avoid headaches or customer complaints about fees.

vampiredesign

Regarding the purchase issue in Europe, there are many issues involved, and many of you have mentioned them. At present, there is no European agent, which is a relatively depressing place. If interested European agents can contact us on Amazon. Or contact me on the forum. I will open the green channel. At present, I am not energetic enough to do foreign trade expansion, as there will be a lot of new products this year. Very, very many.
Thank you very much for your support. We will bring more works and control the discounted prices.

Bread

Quote from: vampiredesign on May 29, 2023, 02:23:18 AMthere will be a lot of new products this year. Very, very many.
Hold on a second... "very, very many." My poor wallet.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: vampiredesign on May 29, 2023, 02:23:18 AMRegarding the purchase issue in Europe, there are many issues involved, and many of you have mentioned them. At present, there is no European agent, which is a relatively depressing place. If interested European agents can contact us on Amazon. Or contact me on the forum. I will open the green channel. At present, I am not energetic enough to do foreign trade expansion, as there will be a lot of new products this year. Very, very many.
Thank you very much for your support. We will bring more works and control the discounted prices.

Oh wow, so happy to hear that there are very many more products coming. Excited! Haolonggood conquering the hopes and dreams list bit by bit~

ceratopsian

AliExpress is very efficient in supplying me with Haolonggood figures, V @vampiredesign. My only problem comes if there are special paint schemes for sale only on amazon.com.

SenSx

Quote from: vampiredesign on May 29, 2023, 02:23:18 AMRegarding the purchase issue in Europe, there are many issues involved, and many of you have mentioned them. At present, there is no European agent, which is a relatively depressing place. If interested European agents can contact us on Amazon. Or contact me on the forum. I will open the green channel. At present, I am not energetic enough to do foreign trade expansion, as there will be a lot of new products this year. Very, very many.

Hello,

If I remember correctly Everything Dinosaur from UK tried to contact you when you released the Quetzalcoatlus, but without any succes...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: