News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I have had small gifts with my last two Haolonggood orders from My Online Toy Store: pieces of plastic aquarium foliage!

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 04, 2023, 04:19:02 PMI have had small gifts with my last two Haolonggood orders from My Online Toy Store: pieces of plastic aquarium foliage!
Same. I believe the seller throws in a gift when you purchase $50+ since when I bought Haolonggood/GR Toy's base + the Nasutoceratops it was a little over $50.

ceratopsian

Which reminds me avatar_Bread @Bread: you tempted me into buying that base!  Still on its way.

Quote from: Bread on June 04, 2023, 04:50:45 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on June 04, 2023, 04:19:02 PMI have had small gifts with my last two Haolonggood orders from My Online Toy Store: pieces of plastic aquarium foliage!
Same. I believe the seller throws in a gift when you purchase $50+ since when I bought Haolonggood/GR Toy's base + the Nasutoceratops it was a little over $50.

Remko

Same here. That was a nice touch!

Thialfi

Haha same! Pretty cute, they're quite useful as a piece of foliage in a diorama.

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 04, 2023, 05:06:02 PMWhich reminds me avatar_Bread @Bread: you tempted me into buying that base!  Still on its way.

Quote from: Bread on June 04, 2023, 04:50:45 PM

Haha! Glad you like it. Hope it makes it to you safely!

Remko

Yes! The Apatosaurus has arrived.
I opted for the brown / striped variant, and it looks gorgeous!!

But as I expected, the official tracking number for my order (with Dutch Post) is still "in transit / not yet received by Dutch Post" and the figure itself arrived with DHL.

So I'm very curieus to see what Dutch Post will come up with... If anything of course!

Halichoeres

I also got some aquarium foliage, although mine was packaged with the dinosaur in a little zipper bag.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Remko

Picture time! Here it is with various other figures as comparison.
Along the curve, the Apatosaurus is about 68 cm long, which gives it a 23,8 meter individual.

Solo.

With Eofauna Diplodocus. Which is much longer, but far less bulky.

With PNSO Allosaurus.

With my Saurophaganax from Shapeways.

With Nanmu's Apatosaurus, which is much bigger and longer.

With the Invicta Apatosaurus.

With the Safari Apatosaurus.

With the CollectA Brontosaurus

And with the Carnegie 2012 Brachiosaurus.

ceratopsian

That's how mine came too.

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 05, 2023, 04:03:08 PMI also got some aquarium foliage, although mine was packaged with the dinosaur in a little zipper bag.

SidB

A very striking and useful set of comparisons R @Remko .

dragon53

Paleo Flo

Nice comparisons. Especially with my beloved Invicta one  :D
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Remko

Well, the "official" package with tracking number for the Apatosaurus was just delivered. It was an A5 sized envelope. Hardly big enough for the figure.  ;D

Inside was indeed a gift, the PNSO mini Proceratosaurus. Which is funny, because I just ordered that along with a bunch of other small figures from ModellPferdeversand last week.  ;D  ;D

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Remko on June 06, 2023, 10:16:12 AMWell, the "official" package with tracking number for the Apatosaurus was just delivered. It was an A5 sized envelope. Hardly big enough for the figure.  ;D

Inside was indeed a gift, the PNSO mini Proceratosaurus. Which is funny, because I just ordered that along with a bunch of other small figures from ModellPferdeversand last week.  ;D  ;D

pls small advise, use speelboer NL instead of ModellPferdeversand, its cheaper, has free shipping and the seller isnt the worst human i ever spoke too

Remko

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 06, 2023, 10:44:04 AM
Quote from: Remko on June 06, 2023, 10:16:12 AMWell, the "official" package with tracking number for the Apatosaurus was just delivered. It was an A5 sized envelope. Hardly big enough for the figure.  ;D

pls small advise, use speelboer NL instead of ModellPferdeversand, its cheaper, has free shipping and the seller isnt the worst human i ever spoke too

I have used both Speelboer and Diermodel as well for my orders. But they don't always have the mix of figures I'd like to order.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Remko on June 06, 2023, 11:00:49 AM

I have used both Speelboer and Diermodel as well for my orders. But they don't always have the mix of figures I'd like to order.

i do get that, just be prepared to never ask customer service, i needed to once and that was the worst human i ever had the misfortune of dealing with, pure insults and anger

SidB

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 06, 2023, 11:17:48 AM
Quote from: Remko on June 06, 2023, 11:00:49 AM

i do get that, just be prepared to never ask customer service, i needed to once and that was the worst human i ever had the misfortune of dealing with, pure insults and anger
We get these now and then, I can think of two in the Toronto area. Owner/staff who are astonishingly rude. One went out of business real fast (Hmm, no surprise), the other, because it has a virtual monopoly on its product line, lingers on. Reading the reviews is a hilarious experience, visiting them, not so much.

Carnoking

Well just in time for the Apatosaurus release, I caught up on the last three offerings.

Spoiler

The Pentaceratops are great, and a ton of beautifully painted figure for 30 bucks a pop. I was seriously surprised by the heft of these two.

I still think I prefer the Nasutoceratops, but I'm glad to see Haolonggood expanding.

I think my initial instinct with the black variant still stands, although the orange is quite the beaut.

[close]

Spoiler

So stoked to finally have an updated Ouranosaurus model in this size range. Yeah, the omission of the thumb claw is a bit glaring, but I won't look a gift hadrosauriform in the mouth

Orange variant is still the easy winner for me.

Although the straightforward application of the green variant is still very pleasing to the eye.

Hard to believe this Battat offering was the last serious attempt at an Ouranosaurus. Harder still to believe how well it holds up.

And if you're looking to expand the herd, PNSO's mini serves well.

[close]

Spoiler

And finally, the little Tianzhenosaurus.

A charming little figure indeed, though not stellar enough to make me need both variants.

Pairs well with PNSO's Sede though.

[close]

Over9K

Has anyone else heard that Haolonggood doesn't actually have CE certs for their products, and the CE markings on their figures are fraudulent?

Saw this alleged on FB...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: