News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 03, 2023, 01:28:00 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on June 03, 2023, 07:41:47 AMBrought by the postman yesterday - second attempt as I wasn't here the day before and it was too massive to fit in my mailbox.

Apatosaurus day!
 About half an hour after I had read your post and commented "Excellent", the postman rang and brought me mine ;D .
 What an awesome heavy figure. That's it! That's Dinosaur Toy Figure making at its best. All hail HAOLONG(very)GOOD!

Wonderful Apatosaurus! Seeing this one more makes me finalize my decision to purchase this color variant. Also, what is that large bird model in the background?

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian glad yours made it! Looks wonderful, although I am leaning more to purchasing the grey variant, I see myself down the line buying this gem.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bread on June 03, 2023, 04:26:11 PM....... I see myself down the line buying this gem.

You won't regret it.

Quote from: Bread on June 03, 2023, 04:26:11 PM....... what is that large bird model in the background?

That's a 1:6 Red-crowned crane made by JXK.

postsaurischian

:-[  Sorry, double post. Can't wait for the real photo session tomorrow.

..... saying hi! to the Galago in my stairwell

..... checking our herbary

Flaffy

Congrats on everyone receiving their Haolonggood Apatosauruses! I'm still waiting on a video review comparing both versions before deciding. But I'm gradually leaning more and more towards the grey version. Grey and Apatosaurus just go so well together.

Sim

Similar to avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I'm undecided on which version of the Haolonggood Apatosaurus to get!  On one hand a more solid colour accentuates the toughness of Apatosaurus.  On the other hand patterns make Apatosaurus more interesting to look at.

ceratopsian

It's a difficult choice, avatar_Sim @Sim, as both have their strengths.  Whenever I see photos of the grey/green, I love it too, even though I chose the stripes on the basis that they would add interest to a large model.  On the plus side, whether you go for the stripes or plain you can't really go wrong, as both are excellent and you'll almost certainly love it!

Quote from: Sim on June 04, 2023, 03:56:23 PMSimilar to avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I'm undecided on which version of the Haolonggood Apatosaurus to get!  On one hand a more solid colour accentuates the toughness of Apatosaurus.  On the other hand patterns make Apatosaurus more interesting to look at.

Sim

Thanks avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian, I've spent some time thinking about it and I think I'll get the brown version.  I like the pattern on it just a bit more than the colour scheme of the grey!  Also, I have the CollectA Mamenchisaurus and I'd prefer variety in colouration among my sauropods.

ceratopsian

Contrast with the Mamenchisaurus is a good rationale avatar_Sim @Sim. I think I was influenced to the stripes by my recent purchase of the Ruyangosaurus in a similar way.

Quote from: Sim on June 04, 2023, 05:22:26 PMThanks avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian, I've spent some time thinking about it and I think I'll get the brown version.  I like the pattern on it just a bit more than the colour scheme of the grey!  Also, I have the CollectA Mamenchisaurus and I'd prefer variety in colouration among my sauropods.

Concavenator

Great to see the Haolonggood Apatosaurus stomping its way into folks' collections. Congrats and enjoy it! avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian R @Remko

Not sure which version to go for, I like both. The brown one is gorgeous and is more flashy but its tail colors' remind me too much of a Sinosauropteryx and for some reason it's kind of bothering me, I can't unsee it. I think I'll settle for the grey. I'm also interested in getting the CollectA Mamenchisaurus, but in case I get the grey Apatosaurus I guess I simply won't display both next to each other.

Carnoking

Guess who fell off the wagon. Hard.

EmperorDinobot

SSome of my latest. I haven't even finished processing them.

I plan to review them all if y'all wish.

SidB

A new arrival from Minizoo yesterday - the Mojo Wooly Rhinoceros. Whatever you may think about their dinosaurs, their mammals are very well done -

Some comparisons, first with the old Bullyland one. Note that both are designed with a forward projecting dominant horn base:

With Wild Safari's Doug Watson rendition:

With the Papo interpretation:

Finally, all four. You'll note that only Mojo has chosen a lighter color for their horns.

Dusty Wren

Great comparison pictures, S @SidB! Mojo does really excel at prehistoric mammals.

I wish it wasn't so hard to get Mojo figures in the states. Happy Hen does carry them, but they seem pretty slow to get the new ones (they don't have the mammoth yet, though they did eventually get in the Smilodon, so it's just a patience game). 
Check out my customs thread!

CARN0TAURUS

S @SidB

Thanks for posting the comparison images! I remember a couple of weeks ago you said you would, thanks again.  I thought the new Mojo wholly rhino would be one of the better PVC versions out there but these pictures confirmed that and more.  Heck, it might be the best one in PVC yet!

It looks fantastic!  I wonder how it would look next Mojo's Wholly Mammoth from 2022?  I wonder if they are in scale to one another?

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Dusty Wren on June 09, 2023, 03:37:25 PMGreat comparison pictures, S @SidB! Mojo does really excel at prehistoric mammals.

I wish it wasn't so hard to get Mojo figures in the states. Happy Hen does carry them, but they seem pretty slow to get the new ones (they don't have the mammoth yet, though they did eventually get in the Smilodon, so it's just a patience game). 

Why is that?  I remember their figures being easy to find here before, what changed?

SidB

Thanks,@CARN0TAURUS.  When I get home tonight, I'll dig it up and send you a picture of the duo together , unless someone beats me to the punch.

SidB

Quote from: Dusty Wren on June 09, 2023, 03:37:25 PMGreat comparison pictures, S @SidB! Mojo does really excel at prehistoric mammals.

Thanks, avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren . BTW, from here in Toronto, I get very quick and relatively cheap postage and delivery from Minizoo in Australia. How would it work for you?

SidB

Quote from: SidB on June 09, 2023, 11:21:25 PMThanks,@CARN0TAURUS.  When I get home tonight, I'll dig it up and send you a picture of the duo together , unless someone beats me to the punch.
avatar_Carnotaurus @Carnotaurus, here's the images for you and anyone interested in comparing Mojo's last two years Cenozoic mammal offerings:

Dusty Wren

I remember shipping from Minizoo to the US being pretty steep, but I just double-checked for the rhino and it's just over $10. That's not bad at all for the distance. I think the last time I checked shipping it was for a couple of larger figures (chiefly the CollectA Ruyangosaurus), and that might have driven the cost up.

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS, where do you normally buy Mojo figures in the States? Happy Hen does stock some of them, but like I said, they're a little slow to get the new releases. If there's somewhere else to get the new figures I'd love to know about it.
Check out my customs thread!

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SidB on June 10, 2023, 03:45:50 AM
Quote from: SidB on June 09, 2023, 11:21:25 PMThanks,@CARN0TAURUS.  When I get home tonight, I'll dig it up and send you a picture of the duo together , unless someone beats me to the punch.
avatar_Carnotaurus @Carnotaurus, here's the images for you and anyone interested in comparing Mojo's last two years Cenozoic mammal offerings:

S @SidB
Thanks!  That's a diorama waiting to happen, they look splendid next to each other.  I noticed that they detailed paintwork for the rhino more than the mammoth.  The rhino appears to have a lot more dry brushing from factory to highlight the sculpted hair.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: