News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Corrupt a wish

Started by Soopairik, January 16, 2017, 08:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Granted but it is made out of bricks, unless that is what you meant

I wish more the ability to turn cheaposaurs into definitively accurate figures

Perotorum

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 05, 2023, 08:12:17 PM
Quote from: Perotorum on June 05, 2023, 02:07:46 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on June 01, 2023, 09:55:58 PMGranted, but they can't decide on a language and just keep unintelligibly yelling at each other.

I wish I could detect weak electric fields underwater.
So... They would be speaking Georgian or Welsh?

Why not! Anything goes, a veritable Babel.

Look up Georgian or Welsh lexicography, those languages have nothing to offer but unintelligible Babel with with either too many or far too few vowels.

Halichoeres

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I believe we have another linguistics enthusiast in our midst!

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 05, 2023, 08:16:11 PMI wish more the ability to turn cheaposaurs into definitively accurate figures

Granted, it's because you've been transported back in time, so you can observe dinosaurs directly. You have tools and materials with you, and enough to eat, but you never see another human again, so there is nobody to share your work or knowledge with.

I wish for a whiteboard marker that never dries out and can write in any color that I wish at any moment.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres the forum keeps getting better
avatar_Perotorum @Perotorum when talking about languages of the Caucasuses dont get me started on Ubykh consonant inventory.

but unfortunately, Halichoeres's special marker is only found in a remote Okinawan village where you must fight a cobra to convince him to sell it to you. But for such a marker, I feel as if that Cobra should be the one worried   ;D

Anyways I wish I could drive

Perotorum

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 part of the reason is because Georgian and other Caucasian languages aside from Armenian are not Indo-European, similar to Basque and Ainu, they lack any large wide spread geographic linguistic family and so are very different from any other language, and in each case these languages are perhaps so old that they are likely the first and oldest languages to evolve in their respective regions which means that one can understand a lot about early homonin and Pleistocene anthropology by simply studying the profit market of these cultures.

Also is it just me or does middle English sound like modern English, but perpetually drunk?

Perotorum

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 06, 2023, 07:06:45 PMavatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I believe we have another linguistics enthusiast in our midst!
Yes, indeed! Especially considering isolates such as Basque, Ainu, or kartevelian languages that are all insanely old and provide some insight into early human migration and anthropology, also I have a fondness for the migrations of Indo-European languages.

Perotorum

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 06, 2023, 07:06:45 PMavatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I believe we have another linguistics enthusiast in our midst!

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 05, 2023, 08:16:11 PMI wish more the ability to turn cheaposaurs into definitively accurate figures

Granted, it's because you've been transported back in time, so you can observe dinosaurs directly. You have tools and materials with you, and enough to eat, but you never see another human again, so there is nobody to share your work or knowledge with.

I wish for a whiteboard marker that never dries out and can write in any color that I wish at any moment.
Granted, but it's use is impossible without staining at least some article of cloathing.

I wish for the ability to properly pronounce Georgian, Polish, and Welsh vocabulary perfectly without breaking my long suffering mind on the incompatibility of those languages to a Latin alphabet or traditional norms of glottology.

Lynx

Quote from: Perotorum on June 07, 2023, 02:11:38 AM

Granted, but it's use is impossible without staining at least some article of cloathing.

I wish for the ability to properly pronounce Georgian, Polish, and Welsh vocabulary perfectly without breaking my long suffering mind on the incompatibility of those languages to a Latin alphabet or traditional norms of glottology.

Granted, but you turn into a Mayfly in the process because I couldn't think of anything else.

I wish for a pair of socks
An oversized house cat.

Perotorum

Quote from: Lynx on June 07, 2023, 04:14:57 AM
Quote from: Perotorum on June 07, 2023, 02:11:38 AM

Granted, but you turn into a Mayfly in the process because I couldn't think of anything else.

I wish for a pair of socks
Granted, but they are filled with the corpses of May flies.

I wish for a higher quality 3d printer that constantly functions, doesn't break down, have any major flaws, uses standard EN PLA filament, has a 15x15 inch printing bed, and has no risk of injury or property destruction.

CityRaptor

Granted, but said machine only exists in an alternate universe where sapient owls are the dominant species and it also only works because it is magitek!

I wish for Captivz with no more slime!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Perotorum

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 07, 2023, 11:46:00 AMGranted, but said machine only exists in an alternate universe where sapient owls are the dominant species and it also only works because it is magitek!

I wish for Captivz with no more slime!
Granted, but the slime is replaced with corn starch which can be just as irritating to clean.

I wish for a flawless ability to teleport to said dimension and back to retrieve said printer.

Stegotyranno420

granted but the instructions are in Georgian.

I wish there was a TV show where people in Georgia switched places with people in Georgia.

Perotorum

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 07, 2023, 02:50:04 PMgranted but the instructions are in Georgian.

I wish there was a TV show where people in Georgia switched places with people in Georgia.

Granted, but due to the nature of both types of Georgians, it ends in a violent drunken brawl due to mass confusion.

I wish for the digital files of each species model from Prehistoric Planet.

(although considering the culture of both groups, this is less of a corruption and more of a logical consequence of both groups being incredibly clandestine and internal group oriented).

Stegotyranno420

Granted but it is from another documentary of the same name from the early 2000s

I wish for a drivers license

CityRaptor

Granted, but it is for a vehicle from the Owl dimension. Which does not work in ours.

I wish I had kept one Dinosaur card for every Element when selling off most of my Dinosaur King cards.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Perotorum

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 07, 2023, 03:26:00 PMGranted but it is from another documentary of the same name from the early 2000s

I wish for a drivers license
Oh! That is just a sick and twisted way to corrupt such a request, too far by much, honestly bordering on sadism given the quality of documentaries at the time.

Granted, but you would be forced to live on Mackinac Island where such would be useless.

I wish to find a way to quickly texture models on Sculpt GL.

Stegotyranno420

Granted but the method makes your computer crash.

I wish for my brain to be able to produce ideal music which i could sell

Perotorum

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 07, 2023, 09:37:40 PMGranted but the method makes your computer crash.

I wish for my brain to be able to produce ideal music which i could sell
Jokes on you! As I have far too many tabs (~200ish) open so I am quite used to that.

And granted, but modern standards are so low for what counts as good music that all your mind can come up with is the psychotic screaming into the lifeless abyss, and the worst part is that people will realistically claim to love it.

I wish for Battat to reissue it's Edmontonia.

Stegotyranno420

Granted but for 50 USD a pop

I wish I selected the anthems for each country

Perotorum

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 08, 2023, 04:48:53 AMGranted but for 50 USD a pop

I wish I selected the anthems for each country
Granted, but you screw up Azerbaijan as no one can top their anthem.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DLaFdEMnyKE

I wish for PNSO to release more thyreophorans.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: