News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remko

I'm hoping for a redo of their Shantungosaurus. They only made the PVC version years ago, which is still one of my favorite PNSO figures, but would love to see an updated. Preferably in the Museum line 1:35.
This will add another famous Chinese dinosaur to their line, and which is also known from a lot of remains, and is probably the largest hadrosaur ever.

Fembrogon

I'm also underwhelmed by the color scheme - the Carcharodontosaur trio proves PNSO can do better - but it's nice to see this genus get another figure, and likewise for the two leaks. I'd rather they were broken up in order a little more, though; even just a single herbivore between each would keep it fresher.

Skorpio V.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pose on Cole! A little thrown off by how disproportionately large the legs appear. Especially the metatarsals. Definitely a thinner representation of this genus but outclasses any of its contemporaries in model/toy form (as long as it doesn't stray out far past the $40 mark ::)). Would have loved a splash of purple or something to accentuate this model, I think of purple when I think of Daspletosaurus thanks to its appearance in this Dinosaur King thumbnail having clogged up my Youtube recommendations for over a decade now.

On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Stegotyranno420

I love daspletosaurus. One of my favorite genera. I havent seen much but is it D.torosus D.wilsoni
I also associate it with purple, beacuse dinosaur train and dk

Flaffy

My gut feeling for the leaks is, Top: Gorgosaurus, Bottom: Albertosaurus. Reconstructions of upturned Albertosaurus skulls comes to mind, and the bottom Prototype seems consistent with that. Gorgosaurus had well developed lacrimal crests, so the taller crests of the top prototype would be consistent with Gorgosaurus's morphology in this regard.

"Comparison of the growth series of Gorgosaurus libratus (top) and Tyrannosaurus rex (bottom), demonstrating similar ontogenetic stages (and morphologies) occurring at similar relative size (percent of largest specimen skull length) but different body sizes and biological ages. Picture credit: Voris et al." - EverythingDinosaur

Quote from: Faelrin on June 10, 2023, 06:08:17 PMEdit: On the leaked Albertosaurus and Gorgosaurus sculpts, does it look like it has taken the gastralia positioning into account? It looks like it does, but I just want to run it by some of you guys who know better.

Yes. You can tell by the lack of sudden concavity between the pubic bones and the gastralia. If you have the Safari ltd Albertosaurus on hand, an easy comparison can be made.

Lynx

Follow up on my last message, and I'll clarify a little more, I find the theropod surge from PNSO boring (theropods in general are just blatantly boring) especially when the species being presented typically already have models or are highly likely to get one soon thanks to popularity. I'd mind a little less if it was more obscure species being made, or even just smaller theropods that don't get represented by the company at all besides minis.

Just all and all I don't really have interest in PNSO as a whole. Before anyone gets angry saying I'm only judging it off a few models, my disinterest has been for a long while, this just sort of pushes it. Unless they start making socks or spread out, I don't feel much incentive with the lack of variety. But I guess this is what sells, so it is what it is.
An oversized house cat.

Lynx

The only non-theropod release from PNSO this year was on a hat
An oversized house cat.

SidB

Quote from: Lynx on June 11, 2023, 03:30:04 AMThe only non-theropod release from PNSO this year was on a hat
And at a time when the lip controversy is becoming less of an issue and moving towards being settled.

SRF

It looks like PNSO has restocked Cameron in their AliExpress store. This morning only 3 were left in stock, but now it doesn't mention that anymore and I'm able to put more than 3 in my shopping cart.

Regarding Edmontosaurus: I would definitely pay 60-70 Euro for a Museum Line Edmontosaurus, especially if it would kick off a new wave of (crestless) Hadrosaurs just like Lucas and Cameron have done for Carcharodontosaurids and Tyrannosaurids.
But today, I'm just being father

Medzo

Quote from: Renecito on June 10, 2023, 01:06:45 PMCole the Daspletosaurus

I'm biased towards PNSO products, but this color scheme is so obviously boring and overused. Don't get cheap on us PNSO!

Only upside that it may can be taken as a teenager T-Rex if someone wants to display it like that. Is it far-fetched to say? Because I'm not so familiar with anatomical differences, for my eyes it just looks like damn close to a younger T-Rex.

postsaurischian

Quote from: SRF on June 11, 2023, 09:54:44 AMIt looks like PNSO has restocked Cameron in their AliExpress store. This morning only 3 were left in stock, but now it doesn't mention that anymore and I'm able to put more than 3 in my shopping cart.

It says: 103 left. Well done by PNSO regarding the special sales starting tomorrow.

SRF

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 11, 2023, 10:42:44 AM
Quote from: SRF on June 11, 2023, 09:54:44 AMIt looks like PNSO has restocked Cameron in their AliExpress store. This morning only 3 were left in stock, but now it doesn't mention that anymore and I'm able to put more than 3 in my shopping cart.

It says: 103 left. Well done by PNSO regarding the special sales starting tomorrow.

Thanks, that didn't show in the app I'm using. Good to know there are enough left for everyone who wants to purchase him tomorrow.

suspsy

And now it's Keynes the Lythronax, folks.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: Medzo on June 11, 2023, 10:07:21 AM
Quote from: Renecito on June 10, 2023, 01:06:45 PMCole the Daspletosaurus

I'm biased towards PNSO products, but this color scheme is so obviously boring and overused. Don't get cheap on us PNSO!

Only upside that it may can be taken as a teenager T-Rex if someone wants to display it like that. Is it far-fetched to say? Because I'm not so familiar with anatomical differences, for my eyes it just looks like damn close to a younger T-Rex.
Possibly. The one thing that would need to be considered is the scale. We don't know yet if this will be bigger than 1/35 scale. Similar to the Qianzhousaurus, which was over the 1/35 scale greatly, so this model could be given the same treatment.

Honestly, with all the Haolonggood herbivore releases, I am 100% fine with PNSO throwing out all these therapods for a while, as long as the majority are models that either needed updated or haven't even had a model.

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on June 11, 2023, 01:02:40 PMAnd now it's Keynes the Lythronax, folks.

You weren't joking...

Okay... going back to my previous comment, I am fine with a bunch of therapods but not thrown at me all at once :o

JimoAi

not the biggest fan of all the releases being theropods. pnso has been losing its charm for me and if they continue this streak, I would see myself taking an extended break. i'ld be happy to see a sauropod like Dreadnoughthous or edmontosaurus Vs another large theropod

SRF

avatar_Bread @Bread we know the exact dimensions of each PNSO model at release. From what I know of Daspletosaurus, this one would fit into the 1:35 range. Also multiple sources nowadays mention that Qhianzousaurus could be a 9 meter animal, so that would make that figure not in 1:24 scale, as we always thought.

That Lythronax was unexpected! But I like it more than the Daspletosaurus. PNSO is definitely going for the wallets of Tyrannosaur enthousiasts this time...

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on June 11, 2023, 01:02:40 PMAnd now it's Keynes the Lythronax, folks.

I'm happy with my CollectA one
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SRF

Comparing the teased prototypes and the pose of the Lythronax, this one is not one of them. I wonder how many Tyrannosaurs we can expect from PNSO this summer...

Quiversaurus

Wow, another one, and so quickly at that! At least the pose and the paint scheme are more distinct, though I'm not sure why Keynes reminds me of their Machairoceratops...

Honestly, I'm totally fine with PNSO going all out with theropods, especially those that are less represented. That way I can get my herbivores from Haolonggood and carnivores from PNSO, rather than having repeated species one following the other.

Also, 1:35 scale is crucial for me too, or else I'm not getting the model (which has made me worry a little sometimes about Kentrosaurus and whether companies will 1. make it and 2. make it in 1:35 scale, since it's a smaller species, even smaller than PNSO's Chungkingosaurus from the two-pack with the Yangchuanosaurus... from my own measurements anyway).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: