News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

You've gotta act quick on Monday because there are already only 5 left right now.

SRF

But today, I'm just being father

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: SRF on June 10, 2023, 08:15:47 AM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 09, 2023, 09:37:40 PM
Quote from: SRF on June 09, 2023, 07:44:00 PM
Quote from: SRF on June 06, 2023, 08:54:55 PMavatar_Carnoking @Carnoking it seems like there will be a sale on AliExpress from June 10 up to June 18.

Looking into it some more, it seems that the big summer sale starts on June 12. Tomorrow, some sort of warm up starts, but I don't know what that means.

usually just shows u which figures will be on sale, and presale of other stuff

You're right. The good news is, Cameron is among the figures that are on sale. So I'll finally be making my purchase on Monday then.  :))

I know, he , the helicoprion and watsob will join my collection, i wanted logan but for some reason hes never ever on sale

Renecito

Cole the Daspletosaurus

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

SRF

Cole is the name. This one is going onto my shortlist for the next time there is a sale on AliExpress.
But today, I'm just being father

Flaffy

Strap in everyone, we're in for yet another stretch of megatheropods O:-)

Daspletosaurus

EDIT: already posted

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on June 10, 2023, 01:18:39 PMStrap in everyone, we're in for yet another stretch of megatheropods O:-)

Daspletosaurus

Daspletosaurus! 

A lot more arm compared to Wilson or Cameron, and a bodyplan that's much more lithe. So interesting.

Looks like they're back to the "brown with stripes" colour scheme though heh.

Otherwise, this looks like a great release, can't wait for more comments and reviews. Nothing like seeing a new figure on my feed/timeline (:

bmathison1972

I think if someone lined up these PNSO tyrannosaurids, I couldn't tell which was which. At least this one shows the slightly longer arms of the genus.
But Safari put out a nice one just two years ago so....another PNSO dino I won't pursue.

TheCambrianCrusader

Oh boy here comes more theropods...
It's definitely nice but I already have the Safari figure and that one has lips. I really hope they don't do both Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus, those two are basically indistinguishable

Carnoking

Yay for more Tyrannosaurids, boo for more brown on brown paint jobs!

Pliosaurking

Daspletosaurus is probably my favourite tyrannosaurid, so I am certainly tempted. It is certainly a nice figure. However I already have Safari's which has a better paint palette and has lips, and I backed The BOTM Daspletosaurus as well. I may get this figure in time but it is definitely not on my priority list.

Concavenator

Quote from: Concavenator on May 22, 2023, 12:36:18 PMI wonder if this Tyrannosaurus means the start of a streak of tyrannosaurids, after all we got the Meraxes and the Mapusaurus after the Giganotosaurus.

;)

avatar_Faras @Faras of couse you were right too!

Gwangi

I like it, but I like Safari's more. I'm interested in seeing where a tyrannosaur streak leads though, they're my favorite of the mega-theropods. PNSO needs to change up the paintjobs on these tyrannosaurs though. A Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus would be extremely appealing to me, even though I have Safari's Albertosaurus.

Flaffy

Some leaks as well. I'm guessing Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus

Bread

Thanks for those avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy
To be honest, I am more inclined to purchase both the Albertosaurus and Gorgosaurus based on what I am seeing so far. Quite a different pose from each other, plus in the end I'll probably send off both to get their lips done.

This Daspletosaurus may have to wait to experience the same treatment. It's actually quite a nice model, besides the lack of lips.

Also, hopefully all these new Tyrannosaurs will be in 1/30-1/35 scale... PLEASE

Sim

This Daspletosaurus looks nice!  At first I though it's D. torosus which is the species the Safari version is.  On closer inspection though I think this PNSO version is D. wilsoni.  I'm planning to get this figure and keep both it and the Safari Daspletosaurus.  I hope a Gorgosaurus comes next and I agree there's no need for an Albertosaurus as well, considering how alike they are and that Safari has released a perfect Albertosaurus last year.

A comparison of the three named Daspletosaurus species:
  (Image source)
There's the unnamed Dinosaur Park Formation Daspletosaurus species too, which is actually the species represented in PNSO's artwork shown previously, but it looks clearly different to the PNSO figure.

Joel1905

Quote from: Flaffy on June 10, 2023, 02:30:24 PMSome leaks as well. I'm guessing Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus

They look perfect in almost every way but the Alligator smiles...

Oh well, two more to send off to Bravo models  :P

ceratopsian

Elegant looking, as PNSO models usually are. Just not one for me. I desperately crave more variety in their releases.

Over9K

So last time we got Wilson, Zuche, Tarbo,  Quianzhou and Andrea...

This time Cameron, Daspleto, Gorgo and... ???

Flaffy

Well, it was only a matter of time before PNSO got their share of the Tyrannosaur family pie. I had held out on acquiring any Daspletosaurus, Gorgosaurus and Albertosaurus for my "accurate" collection, so I'm glad my patience had paid off. The sculpts look great from what I can see, sans mouth rot obviously.

Quote from: Gwangi on June 10, 2023, 02:25:48 PMI like it, but I like Safari's more. I'm interested in seeing where a tyrannosaur streak leads though, they're my favorite of the mega-theropods. PNSO needs to change up the paintjobs on these tyrannosaurs though. A Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus would be extremely appealing to me, even though I have Safari's Albertosaurus.

The lack of lips on the PNSO is a shame, but I wasn't a huge fan of how the dentition, keratin and paintjob were executed on both the Safari Daspletosaurus and Albertosaurus. But again, apples to oranges comparison. The two companies target very different audiences and fill very distinct niches on the (western) market.

Can't help but feel we're regressing back to the boring sandy-brown base + stripes formula though after the stunning Meraxes and Mapusaurus. I think a higher contrast paint scheme seen on the Daspletosaurus artwork would've been nicer.

Quote from: Bread on June 10, 2023, 02:35:12 PMThanks for those avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy
To be honest, I am more inclined to purchase both the Albertosaurus and Gorgosaurus based on what I am seeing so far. Quite a different pose from each other, plus in the end I'll probably send off both to get their lips done.

This Daspletosaurus may have to wait to experience the same treatment. It's actually quite a nice model, besides the lack of lips.

Also, hopefully all these new Tyrannosaurs will be in 1/30-1/35 scale... PLEASE

I don't imagine any of these being in a different scale than 1/35. Would cause quite the fuss if these tyrannosaurs deviated from the established line-up of theropods.

Been waiting on a good static Gorgosaurus for years now. Never liked Papo's weirdly squat one, and BotM is BotM so entirely different ballpark. I'll probably get all 3 of these as I'm a horder. Now the big question is whether I will get Cameron to complete the lipless collection... :o

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: