News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 13, 2023, 07:34:44 PM
Quote from: Lynx on June 13, 2023, 07:09:32 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 13, 2023, 06:52:03 PM
Quote from: Lynx on June 13, 2023, 05:38:12 PMMan I'd love more ankylosaurs, I have all of them besides the big Ankylosaurus itself for budget reasons, but I need more
Maybe I am reading the situation wrong but I thoight Sede was amongst the cheaper models

Last time I checked it was nearly 50 dollars for me

Lana Time Store has him for 23 USD right now.
With Aliexpress having him for nearly $20 with the current sale.

thomasw100

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 13, 2023, 07:34:00 PM
Quote from: Lynx on June 13, 2023, 05:38:12 PMMan I'd love more ankylosaurs, I have all of them besides the big Ankylosaurus itself for budget reasons, but I need more
Maybe I am reading the situation wrong but I thoight Sede was amongst the cheaper models

Heres a link its 22 on ali ships worldwide as far as i know

Ich habe gerade diesen erstaunlichen Artikel auf AliExpress gefunden. Probiere ihn aus! 22,40€  16%OFF | PNSO Detaillierte Dinosaurier Modelle: 13Sede Die Ankylosaurus
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Eu1Xu21

This offer says that it is a 2021 remake with improved paint. Now I wonder which version I have. I got my one this year. But I do not recall having seen that picture with the note about the remake. This leaves me with some confusion now.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Bread on June 13, 2023, 07:35:19 PM

I do miss that pnso doesnt do 20-25 euro models anymore, oh well haolonggood does that now

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 13, 2023, 07:38:41 PM
Quote from: Bread on June 13, 2023, 07:35:19 PM

I do miss that pnso doesnt do 20-25 euro models anymore, oh well haolonggood does that now

I think I've mentioned this before but it really does feel like Haolonggood and PNSO, getting their turns in the spotlight, have carried along with spirit of the classic "CollectA VS Papo" dynamic in my eyes. Granted, PNSO's dinosaurs aren't JP styled per se, but the idea gets across, no?
* (It's locked.)

Sim

I don't mean to upset anyone who likes the 2023 tyrannosaurid figures, but I would like to share what I'm feeling towards them.  I'm not entirely happy with them.  The Tyrannosaurus looks good to me, but at the price it has I expect better painted teeth.  The Daspletosaurus and Lythronax are shown with their mouth open and it looks forced to me.  They come across as looking quite bland.  A better colour scheme would have made them better figures.  I acknowledge that the Lythronax has a different colouration, but it still looks boring to me.

I'm also a bit disappointed PNSO made a Lythronax as it is only known from fragmentary remains that don't preserve the head crest area, leaving that part unknown.  I also don't understand why all these tyrannosaurids have black around their mouths.  It's boring.  As is that they are all in almost the same pose.

I think I will get the Tyrannosaurus, hopefully one with well painted teeth, and the Daspletosaurus, though its colouration looks dull to an unnecessary degree.  I think I won't get the Lythronax as I have no need for fragmentary species like it and I don't like the figure enough to want to have it.

JohannesB

Quote from: Lynx on June 13, 2023, 05:17:09 PMI personally care far less about how accurate the coloration is rather than if it looks nice, makes sense, and is 'different'.

My favorite models from PNSO are the ones that can use brown and other colors that make a model look different or stand out (like the Pinacosaurus and I'm definitely not biased because it's my favorite dinosaur). BOTM, mainly for the tyrannosaur series, does this too. They use browns, greens, etc, but still make it seem different.

Some examples of PNSO figures that use the same colors as most the other models but still look different include the Pinacosaurus, Carnotaurus, I-am-not-going-to-attempt-to-spell-that-so-let's-just-call-it-alioramus, Deinocherius, and several others. These are the models that I don't complain about color-wise. Not because the colors are 'more accurate' or 'make more sense', but because they just look nice and are different.

The tyrannosaur series (thus far, please don't take my comment like 3 weeks later and ramble about how the whatever-saur they just released is in fact super unique) does not accomplish this. As far as we've seen, these models look relatively similar. Put these figures next to one another, and they'll be barely noticeable or even able to tell apart, not by sculpt, but the colors muddle together from a distance. With so many brown models, it's hard to appreciate. As someone who focuses on color a lot more than anything else really, it's pointless to buy if it isn't 'different'.

It's reasonable, maybe even accurate that these species aren't miles away from one another, but that just doesn't appeal to me. I doubt this even applies to the mass majority, but I will gladly buy a figure with a few mistakes accuracy wise if it means that it'll stick out.

Since BOTM is so prominent in the recent conversation, and while I don't agree with the whole 'who's better', I might as well incorporate it since this reply is going everywhere anyway. I like BOTM not because of the accuracy, not because the figures have lips, but because the colors stand out. It brightens things up, it just looks nice. I will gladly buy a BOTM Tyrannosaur if it'll stand out. I love patterns, I love looking at things and feeling happy and enjoying them more than placing it on a shelf. I like to look at how each model stands apart and be able to appreciate that. And again, I doubt people will agree with this, but I think buying things because they look just plain unique and nice over accuracy is very reasonable. So I'll stick to that.

But PNSO just hasn't presented this. It's a super niche appeal of mine, but it's still something I'll complain about.

And I'm sure this is going to get someone quoting, "oh, but that's not what everyone wants", correct, that's why this is about me personally.

The same works for me. Although I like bland, dull colouration on models of big animals (PNSO's grey Tarbosaurus comes to mind, but in a way that also makes it stand out from the rest), we do gain a lot from more colourful models for contrast, variety and visual interest sake. PNSO's Corythosaurus (Caroline) is certainly one of my favourite figures. Anyhow, contrast between the figures makes collecting a lot more fun :-)

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: thomasw100 on June 13, 2023, 07:38:12 PM

Ich habe gerade diesen erstaunlichen Artikel auf AliExpress gefunden. Probiere ihn aus! 22,40€  16%OFF | PNSO Detaillierte Dinosaurier Modelle: 13Sede Die Ankylosaurus

This offer says that it is a 2021 remake with improved paint. Now I wonder which version I have. I got my one this year. But I do not recall having seen that picture with the note about the remake. This leaves me with some confusion now.

The "improvement" is u get the free poster that comes with any new pnso release and a blander easier for them to do colorsheme. See dinosdragons youtube channels video on it.

SRF

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 13, 2023, 10:28:31 PM

The "improvement" is u get the free poster that comes with any new pnso release and a blander easier for them to do colorsheme. See dinosdragons youtube channels video on it.

The version as seen in DinosDragons review is the 2020 version. I have that version as well and it's much more grey than the original release. After complaints PNSO released a repainted version which actually resembles the original release from 2019 more.
But today, I'm just being father

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: SRF on June 13, 2023, 10:39:54 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 13, 2023, 10:28:31 PM

Heres a link its 22 on ali ships worldwide as far as i kno

The version as seen in DinosDragons review is the 2020 version. I have that version as well and it's much more grey than the original release. After complaints PNSO released a repainted version which actually resembles the original release from 2019 more.

Weird cause i bought this exact one, and mine looks like the bland washed one from the video, guess their quality varies.

CARN0TAURUS

Was looking at Amazon this morning and they already put up the Daspletosaurus and the Lythronax on their PNSO store.  Both are $38.99   :)

Over9K

Hey PNSO... how about updating Nick, The Ceratosaurus?

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Over9K on June 14, 2023, 07:11:57 PMHey PNSO... how about updating Nick, The Ceratosaurus?

A 1/35th scale nick would be awesome!

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on June 14, 2023, 07:18:31 PM
Quote from: Over9K on June 14, 2023, 07:11:57 PMHey PNSO... how about updating Nick, The Ceratosaurus?

[/quote

If the albertosaurus prob releases next month , maybe as a double release with an alleged maybe gorgosaurus double release , we prob need a pause of theropods for real , but then soon sure nick , also pls a dilophosaurus and id kill for a megalosaurus ( if i could choose color pantherblack raven irredescend with white crest)

thomasw100

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 14, 2023, 09:04:16 PM

[/quote

If the albertosaurus prob releases next month , maybe as a double release with an alleged maybe gorgosaurus double release , we prob need a pause of theropods for real , but then soon sure nick , also pls a dilophosaurus and id kill for a megalosaurus ( if i could choose color pantherblack raven irredescend with white crest)

After this wave of carnivores there should be hopefully a few herbivores again. With all the new releases from Haolonggood this year, which are very much praised by many people, I would think that PNSO would become under pressure to produce models that would compete directly with Haolonggod. My hope really is that PNSO would build on the success of Lingwulong and produces more sauropods. Maybe one really large one and a few smaller species.

Faelrin

I noticed PNSO is still having a summer sale on Aliexpress currently. I'm debating if I want to take advantage of it right now or not, since I should be saving my funds up for the Cyberzoic Kickstarter in October. Is the $3 off every $30 in addition to the current sale price? I'm a bit confused on how this will work. So like for example the Dunkleosteus is $33.14 with 15% off. Would it be like closer to $30 in price? That's not including the shipping which is $4.65. The sale ends on the 18th.

I'm also wondering if getting things off my family's Amazon prime would be cheaper overall, from saving on the shipping costs? I'm seeing a 15% coupon on some of the PNSO figures on Amazon as well, but I'm not sure if that's a one time thing or what, not signed in atm.

Granted I'm also undecided which figure to shoot for if I do. Leaning between Borealopelta, Yutyrannus, or Dunkleosteus, if not something else (edit: or like this year's Meraxes, that gorgeous beast). Thoughts? I currently have the Deinocheirus, Parasaurolophus, Lambeosaurus, and large Microraptor (and a number of the minis).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Faelrin on June 15, 2023, 05:27:07 AMI noticed PNSO is still having a summer sale on Aliexpress currently. I'm debating if I want to take advantage of it right now or not, since I should be saving my funds up for the Cyberzoic Kickstarter in October. Is the $3 off every $30 in addition to the current sale price? I'm a bit confused on how this will work. So like for example the Dunkleosteus is $33.14 with 15% off. Would it be like closer to $30 in price? That's not including the shipping which is $4.65. The sale ends on the 18th.

I'm also wondering if getting things off my family's Amazon prime would be cheaper overall, from saving on the shipping costs? I'm seeing a 15% coupon on some of the PNSO figures on Amazon as well, but I'm not sure if that's a one time thing or what, not signed in atm.

Granted I'm also undecided which figure to shoot for if I do. Leaning between Borealopelta, Yutyrannus, or Dunkleosteus, if not something else (edit: or like this year's Meraxes, that gorgeous beast). Thoughts? I currently have the Deinocheirus, Parasaurolophus, Lambeosaurus, and large Microraptor (and a number of the minis).

The borealopelta is a great smaller figure, the paint is a bit drab but if you just add a little bit of semi wet white paint on some of the bigger spikes like I did it really pops. I don't have the Yutyrannus yet, Im working towards getting the carcharodontosaurus because I had a whole 180 on that guy, I originally didn't like him but after the release of all the other Carcharodontosauridae I've really warmed up to him, he just looks so good with all his brothers. All this to say that prior to my warming up to the carchar the Yutyrannus was going to be next purchase, and is still next to get after I get the carchar.I think its one of the most striking and overall best pnso's from what I've seen. The dunkleosteus was on my mind for a while because it is a really nice figure, but after that paper came out on dunks overall shape being different then what we thought its sense made me dismiss that figure.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on June 15, 2023, 05:27:07 AMI noticed PNSO is still having a summer sale on Aliexpress currently. I'm debating if I want to take advantage of it right now or not, since I should be saving my funds up for the Cyberzoic Kickstarter in October. Is the $3 off every $30 in addition to the current sale price? I'm a bit confused on how this will work. So like for example the Dunkleosteus is $33.14 with 15% off. Would it be like closer to $30 in price? That's not including the shipping which is $4.65. The sale ends on the 18th.

I believe the $3 off every $30 does indeed apply to the current sale price. I remember getting a similar discount when I bought my Biber and Rook on Aliexpress in 2022.

Looks like you have a good selection with the Para, Lambeo and Deinocheirus - I would say go for Meraxes cause he really is a gorgeous stand out, but if you're partial to herbivores, Borealopelta would be great (though not truly 1:35 scale I think). The Yutyrannus is a great PNSO standard of feathered species, though you already have the Deino to show that. Dunkleosteus would be good if you want variation, especially into marine reptiles. I was so awed when I saw video reviews of how its jaw was engineered. Plus the paint job is just stellar.

SRF

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin I can confirm that the $3 discount on every $30 spent comes on top of the current sales prices. I got Cameron for €66,- while he was listed for €75,- (all including VAT charges for importing goods from outside the EU, that's why prices are still relatively high). 
But today, I'm just being father

TheImmortalEye

the aliexpress sale works like this

original price - minus 15 percent- then for every spend 30 dollars a 4 buck reduction from ali itself. so dunkleosteus is 44-reduced to 39.44 then apply 4 bucks more as 30 was spend- shipping is free to most countrys in ali , unless urs says otherwise - u have smth like 36.44

i can tell u go for dunkleosteus its near perfect, no longer fully accurate as the size is now prob way off based on new study, but its a beatifuel fish and suffers least from issue of later runs bad paint, lambeosaurus is often colored badly in newer models but its ok for what it is, boreopelta is so good for only 22, the yuty i dont like but sure.

Bread

So I've learned that it really depends on what figures you get exactly for the PNSO aliexpress sale.

For example, in my cart, I placed the Tarbosaurus, Lythronax, and Lambeosaurus. Keep in mind that the sale price of the Tarbosaurus and Meraxes are the same. I dtarted to like the Meraxes more so I switched out the Tarbosaurus for the Meraxes. Now for whatever reason, the total cost jumped from $106 to $111 and some change of course for each. Not sure why this happened but when I switched back to the Tarbosaurus, the total still came out to $106. Weird, since both were on sale for same price.

I'd say go for the Meraxes over the Yutyrannus, especially since I see you have the BOTM version. The PNSO is nice but really without the lips, I feel as though it will be lacking compared to the BOTM. The Meraxes, even though being a Carcharodontosaur, feels fresh and new. Probably my favorite of the bunch of Carcharodontosaurs released by PNSO.

The Borealopelta and Dunkleosteus are really good models. The Borealopelta superior out of the two because I expect an updated Dunkleosteus, based on the new proportions, approaching from any brand in the future. I disagree with those who say the Borealopelta colors are muted or bland looking. It is superior to CollectA's.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: