News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Thanks for these avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin

I tend to not mind naming of models given by the company, and in this case especially since there are variants between each model.

Really makes my day to see these vibrant colorations. As someone who enjoys the constant addition of herbivores, having these vibrant yet realistic colorschemes is a breath of fresh air.

Sim

Thanks for sharing those images avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin.  I've changed my mind about the Wuerhosaurus, I like it quite a lot and I intend to get one of them.  I'm going to agree with avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi and say that the Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus is the best plastic version of Pachyrhinosaurus.  I would love to get one or both versions of it if it didn't have the horizontal pupils!

thomasw100

Seeing these high-resolution pictures I am really impressed how much the detail and quality of sculpting is improving with every release. Already the apatosaurus is really great in this respect. But these new ones seem to be even finer and with more details and also many variations in the texturing. This is even more significant than the paint schemes.

SidB

Excellent set of images, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin . For me, they confirm that I made the right color choices when I ordered last night.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on June 14, 2023, 09:59:05 PMBoth the new Pachyrhinosaurus pair and Wuerhosaurus are on Amazon now (scroll down):

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/1BE1ABE5-1CB9-4E16-A56D-A7EAAF7AC380

I noticed that the Pachyrhinosaurus pair and Wuerhosaurus have names, like PNSO or Rebor. At least I think these are names? The previous releases just had colors listed (like multicolor, blue grey, etc). Anyone familiar with Chinese languages to know if these are in fact names?

Green Pachyrhinosaurus is GuoSheng, brown is LvFang, grey Wuerhosaurus is JiaoTin, green is ShiYong.

Anyways images:

GuoSheng:
Spoiler

[close]
LvFang:
Spoiler

[close]
JiaoTin:
Spoiler

[close]
ShiYong:
Spoiler

[close]

Thank you for these images!

The green Pachy really is the standout for me, no question. Both of them look really adorable in these photos though, so much more than in previous photos (:

Agreed with T @thomasw100 on the improvemets on sculpt and texturing. The right side of the green Wuerhosaurus shows excellent wrinkling (imo); you could almost imagine touching soft folds of skin while looking at that belly.

Gwangi

These pictures confirm that I made the right color choices. I like both variants of the Wuerhosaurus but the purple one is the more unique of the two.

Skorpio V.

The shade of blue-purple that Wuerhosaurus is painted in is my favourite colour EVER.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

TheCambrianCrusader

Man I'm torn, I prefer the green Pachyrhinosaurus but I think the brown one would display better with my Safari and Battat versions.

SidB

Quote from: TheCambrianCrusader on June 15, 2023, 02:05:39 AMMan I'm torn, I prefer the green Pachyrhinosaurus but I think the brown one would display better with my Safari and Battat versions.

Right, I think on both scores. I got the green, but the brown would co-ordinate better with the Battat and Safari (I know, since I have both).

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Sim on June 14, 2023, 09:11:43 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 14, 2023, 07:06:36 PMThe second pachy is the current haolonggood release.
I said Pentaceratops, not Pachyrhinosaurus.

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 14, 2023, 07:06:36 PMThe centrosaurus horn is based on a very influental study and animal research suggesting like einiosaurus the horn bends forward due to how the keratin gets layered on top
I know the Centrosaurus horn shape is accurate, but my understanding is the horn is differently shaped in different individuals.  Gregory Paul suggests one with a horn like PNSO's is Centrosaurus apertus, and one with a horn more like Styracosaurus's is if I'm remembering right Centrosaurus nasicornus.  Although it appears the consensus is that nasicornus is a synonym of apertus.  I'd just prefer to have a Centrosaurus with its nose horn not curving forward so much, I believe that wouldn't be inaccurate.

ur correct in that its based on individuals to a degree, some have straighter or more curved like real horned animals, the schematics used are similar to that of goats, means a young bull does technicly have a straight horn, but it then develops forward as its not properly used up and keratin keeps building up, smth theres evidence in this dinosaur def building forwards due to how the horncore is formed. But that means that curved forward is the most likely default, and based on the obsession this forum has on exact scales (smth way more variable in individuals,populations, subspecies etc than the horns i might add ) it makes sense to me to base it on how the animal would most likely be encountered, older bulls are a more likely site than a young rutt. but jeah its all opinions i agree.

small fun fact: since jennie is female shes even more likely to have a curved horn, as female animals do not do intraspecific combat to nearly the same degree as males, means the horn is free to deform to a less usable state.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: TheCambrianCrusader on June 15, 2023, 02:05:39 AMMan I'm torn, I prefer the green Pachyrhinosaurus but I think the brown one would display better with my Safari and Battat versions.

just get green first the wait for sale and get brown , is what i do

Bread

Anyone else place an order through aliexpress and they have yet to ship for these new releases?

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Bread on June 15, 2023, 12:47:40 PMAnyone else place an order through aliexpress and they have yet to ship for these new releases?

jurassic zoo store etc will often let u purchase them early, but only get stock later
so they let u wait till then. its a way to catch customers as early as feasable

postsaurischian

Quote from: Bread on June 15, 2023, 12:47:40 PMAnyone else place an order through aliexpress and they have yet to ship for these new releases?

That's normal. They usually start taking orders shortly before they have the items in stock.
If I remember correctly Lana wrote that shipping would start around June 19th.

Bread

Thank you both for the response! I ordered from My Online Toy Store. Hoping for some model scaled plants again ;D

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Bread on June 15, 2023, 01:45:34 PMThank you both for the response! I ordered from My Online Toy Store. Hoping for some model scaled plants again ;D

IM STILL JEALOUS U GUYS CAN ORDER FROM THERE XD
they dont ship to germany sadly so only jurassic zoo store left and they want 28 for the 18.99 pachyrrhino

Bread

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 15, 2023, 02:21:00 PM
Quote from: Bread on June 15, 2023, 01:45:34 PMThank you both for the response! I ordered from My Online Toy Store. Hoping for some model scaled plants again ;D

they dont ship to germany sadly so only jurassic zoo store left and they want 28 for the 18.99 pachyrrhino
What about LanaTimeShop? I've had orders from there ship internationally with more affordable prices.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Bread on June 15, 2023, 02:31:02 PM

What about LanaTimeShop? I've had orders from there ship internationally with more affordable prices.
a single issue- they use usps the worst and priciest shipping method, cost between 30 and freakin 65 to ship smth to germany, same issue with dans dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 15, 2023, 02:42:26 PM

a single issue- they use usps the worst and priciest shipping method, cost between 30 and freakin 65 to ship smth to germany, same issue with dans dinosaurs

Actually USPS has been the cheapest method I've shipped some things to a friend in Germany with. They beat UPS by quite a bit. I guess it all depends. 

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 15, 2023, 03:13:14 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 15, 2023, 02:42:26 PM

Actually USPS has been the cheapest method I've shipped some things to a friend in Germany with. They beat UPS by quite a bit. I guess it all depends. 

idk man i only have bad shit happens with it, they had the audacity to just throw my hazbin hotel merch in my garden , where i didnt know it was until it was soaked to the core, also their habit of variable prices can quickly shoot up to insanity,
id have to pay 79.99 to have 2 BOTM figures from dans dinosaurs like thats bonkers.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: