News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

I can't help myself, but to me it looks like the Pachyrhinosaurus was blinking its eyes, not horizontal pupils.

Faelrin

Oh man I hope this does mean they are doing a Chasmosaurus in the future. It's the only main ceratopsian from the Dinosaur Park formation that doesn't have a figure now (not including the BotM one of course). To be honest I would be against seeing how they could do Centrosaurus (PNSO's was a bit drab for me, but finally a figure of it anyways), or even Styracosaurus, even though I'm plenty satisfied with the options out there currently for it. Their ceratopsians are some of their best works so far (not perfect anatomically, but definitely eye catching).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Bread on June 13, 2023, 03:09:07 AMWell here is the Wuerhosaurus!

I am really liking that dark yet striking dark variant.

Agreed, I really like the purple-ish one, though would it have killed them to at least paint a line for its mouth? 
Also, is it just me, or do the low-detail faces remind anybody else of the old Britains line of animal figures?  :))
Hopefully they just accidentally used prototypes for these pics, and the actual products will have more details heads. I actually do love both these and the Pachyrhinosaurs either way, though!

Bread

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on June 13, 2023, 07:01:44 PM
Quote from: Bread on June 13, 2023, 03:09:07 AMWell here is the Wuerhosaurus!

I am really liking that dark yet striking dark variant.

Agreed, I really like the purple-ish one, though would it have killed them to at least paint a line for its mouth? 
Also, is it just me, or do the low-detail faces remind anybody else of the old Britains line of animal figures?  :))
Hopefully they just accidentally used prototypes for these pics, and the actual products will have more details heads. I actually do love both these and the Pachyrhinosaurs either way, though!
I think Haolonggood avoiding to paint the line for its mouth is fine. Safari's Concavenator was ruined by this (imo).

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Faelrin on June 13, 2023, 06:58:40 PMOh man I hope this does mean they are doing a Chasmosaurus in the future. It's the only main ceratopsian from the Dinosaur Park formation that doesn't have a figure now (not including the BotM one of course). To be honest I would be against seeing how they could do Centrosaurus (PNSO's was a bit drab for me, but finally a figure of it anyways), or even Styracosaurus, even though I'm plenty satisfied with the options out there currently for it. Their ceratopsians are some of their best works so far (not perfect anatomically, but definitely eye catching).

I would love all three of those, too!

Sim

I too think the Wuerhosaurus doesn't need a line painted for its mouth.  I think that ruined the Safari 2020 Dilophosaurus.  Perhaps it would have been good if the Wuerhosaurus had a painted beak though.

Haolonggood has become a master at making ceratopsids.  I'd be interested in their version of Centrosaurus, I dislike the PNSO version.  But more than that I would like a Chasmosaurus from Haolonggood.  And more theropods, e.g. Austroraptor, Dilophosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Ceratosaurus.

Jose S.M.

I'm not really interested in these last releases but they are beautiful sculpts for sure. I do think the heads on this Wuerhosaurus and the previous Ankylosaur look like they lack something to me. The mouth line can help but they are tricky to implement well. Maybe some contrast patterning or a kind of wash that makes the sculpted mouth lines pop up a bit more. Still again the color schemes and sculpts are overall great looking!

Gwangi

If they make a Chasmosaurus then I'll have all of the ceratopsians I've been demanding since getting into this hobby.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Sim on June 13, 2023, 08:03:13 PMI too think the Wuerhosaurus doesn't need a line painted for its mouth.  I think that ruined the Safari 2020 Dilophosaurus.  Perhaps it would have been good if the Wuerhosaurus had a painted beak though.

Haolonggood has become a master at making ceratopsids.  I'd be interested in their version of Centrosaurus, I dislike the PNSO version.  But more than that I would like a Chasmosaurus from Haolonggood.  And more theropods, e.g. Austroraptor, Dilophosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Ceratosaurus.

I feel like people give pnso way too much crap , most their ceratopsians are great

Spinops: acceptable but old

Pachyrhinosaurus - bang for buck
Sinoceratops - good for the time, lacks the laters refinement and scalework.
Machairoceratops- good for the time, same as above.
Styracosaurus - amazing
Centrosaurus - its fine but dissapointing
Triceratops - good but conservative
Torosaurus - amazing , still unbeaten
And the last twos issue is being overambitios and trying to moving jaws.

Haolongood has
Pentaceratops - good but inaccurate and scaled wrong, scales more like old pnso
Pentaceratops- amazing but inaccurate and scaled wrong, scales inbetween old and new pnso
Pachyrhinosaurus - first look improvement on scaling and accuracy- so we see what the future holds as pnso does mostly theropods this jear.

Flaffy

Mouth lines are absolutely uneccessary and I'm glad most companies don't do this. One of the major gripes I have with Safari figures, makes them look like they're constantly frowning.

Forgot to mention earlier, but it also seems the Pachyrhinosaurus lacks a jugal horn? But is instead completely covered with skin and scales. If so this would not be consistent with ceratopsia, as keratinised jugals would've most likely been a basal trait of the family based on direct fossil evidence from Psittacosaurus.

Gwangi

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 13, 2023, 10:23:45 PM
Quote from: Sim on June 13, 2023, 08:03:13 PMI too think the Wuerhosaurus doesn't need a line painted for its mouth.  I think that ruined the Safari 2020 Dilophosaurus.  Perhaps it would have been good if the Wuerhosaurus had a painted beak though.

I feel like people give pnso way too much crap , most their ceratopsians are great

Styracosaurus - amazing

Haolongood has
Pentaceratops- amazing but inaccurate and scaled wrong, scales inbetween old and new pnso
Pachyrhinosaurus - first look improvement on scaling and accuracy- so we see what the future holds as pnso does mostly theropods this jear.

I think that PNSO makes fantastic ceratopsians. I don't care for their Pachyrhinosaurus but their Sinoceratops is a favorite of mine.The Styracosaurus is among the best ever made. I wish they would make more ceratopsians.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 12, 2023, 11:32:24 AMI don't think it could be anything other than a tyrannosaurid, agreed.

Quote from: Concavenator on June 12, 2023, 11:20:22 AM.........

Pretty sure it's a tyrannosaurid. I'm guessing Nanuqsaurus or perhaps Gorgosaurus.

What are the chances it's an Allosaurus? (One hopes...)

Bread

Quote from: quiversaurus on June 14, 2023, 02:54:35 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on June 12, 2023, 11:32:24 AMI don't think it could be anything other than a tyrannosaurid, agreed.

Quote from: Concavenator on June 12, 2023, 11:20:22 AM.........

Pretty sure it's a tyrannosaurid. I'm guessing Nanuqsaurus or perhaps Gorgosaurus.

What are the chances it's an Allosaurus? (One hopes...)

Very low... unfortunately, but would be odd for Haolonggood to include that genus in the image...

SidB

Purchased the green version of each release from My Online Toy Store - half surprised that they'd be available so quickly, but, hey, no complaint!

Sim

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 13, 2023, 10:23:45 PMI feel like people give pnso way too much crap , most their ceratopsians are great

Styracosaurus - amazing

Haolongood has
I think you've misunderstood me, I think PNSO is great at ceratopsids.  Even their Centrosaurus is good, I just don't like it due to how its nasal horn is oriented and how visible the seam between the upper and lower parts of its head is.  The only PNSO ceratopsid I don't think is great is the Pachyrhinosaurus.  By the way, you listed Pentaceratops twice.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Sim on June 14, 2023, 02:52:31 PM
Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 13, 2023, 10:23:45 PMI feel like people give pnso way too much crap , most their ceratopsians are great

Styracosaurus - amazing

Haolongood has
I think you've misunderstood me, I think PNSO is great at ceratopsids.  Even their Centrosaurus is good, I just don't like it due to how its nasal horn is oriented and how visible the seam between the upper and lower parts of its head is.  The only PNSO ceratopsid I don't think is great is the Pachyrhinosaurus.  By the way, you listed Pentaceratops twice.

The second pachy is the current haolonggood release. And i do like the pnso Pachyrhinosaurus too , esp with irs more nuances take on the boss , giving it a turkey like fleshy look . Its mainly just held back due to being older but hey its dirtcheap , cheaper than this one too.
The centrosaurus horn is based on a very influental study and animal research suggesting like einiosaurus the horn bends forward due to how the keratin gets layered on top

But yeah i also get the seam issue. Superweird esp as styraco came next and didnt have it.

Gwangi

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 14, 2023, 07:06:36 PM
Quote from: Sim on June 14, 2023, 02:52:31 PM

Styracosaurus - amazing

Haolongood has

The second pachy is the current haolonggood release. And i do like the pnso Pachyrhinosaurus too , esp with irs more nuances take on the boss , giving it a turkey like fleshy look . Its mainly just held back due to being older but hey its dirtcheap , cheaper than this one too.
The centrosaurus horn is based on a very influental study and animal research suggesting like einiosaurus the horn bends forward due to how the keratin gets layered on top

But yeah i also get the seam issue. Superweird esp as styraco came next and didnt have it.

The PNSO Pachyrhinosaurus is $22.99 on Amazon, Haolonggood's is $17.99 on Aliexpress.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Gwangi link=msg=348332
/quote]

The PNSO Pachyrhinosaurus is $22.99 on Amazon, Haolonggood's is $17.99 on Aliexpress.

Mb the for not clarifying, for me its cheaper, haolonggood to germany cost me 27- 30 euros, the pnso pachyrhinosaurus only 23 still.

Sim

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 14, 2023, 07:06:36 PMThe second pachy is the current haolonggood release.
I said Pentaceratops, not Pachyrhinosaurus.

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on June 14, 2023, 07:06:36 PMThe centrosaurus horn is based on a very influental study and animal research suggesting like einiosaurus the horn bends forward due to how the keratin gets layered on top
I know the Centrosaurus horn shape is accurate, but my understanding is the horn is differently shaped in different individuals.  Gregory Paul suggests one with a horn like PNSO's is Centrosaurus apertus, and one with a horn more like Styracosaurus's is if I'm remembering right Centrosaurus nasicornus.  Although it appears the consensus is that nasicornus is a synonym of apertus.  I'd just prefer to have a Centrosaurus with its nose horn not curving forward so much, I believe that wouldn't be inaccurate.

Faelrin

Both the new Pachyrhinosaurus pair and Wuerhosaurus are on Amazon now (scroll down):

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/1BE1ABE5-1CB9-4E16-A56D-A7EAAF7AC380

I noticed that the Pachyrhinosaurus pair and Wuerhosaurus have names, like PNSO or Rebor. At least I think these are names? The previous releases just had colors listed (like multicolor, blue grey, etc). Anyone familiar with Chinese languages to know if these are in fact names?

Green Pachyrhinosaurus is GuoSheng, brown is LvFang, grey Wuerhosaurus is JiaoTin, green is ShiYong.

Anyways images:

GuoSheng:
Spoiler

[close]
LvFang:
Spoiler

[close]
JiaoTin:
Spoiler

[close]
ShiYong:
Spoiler

[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: