News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blade-of-the-Moon's Collection

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, June 15, 2023, 05:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I swear I thought I had a collection thread but I guess not? Seems weird I never started one lol

Anyway, I'll post hauls here and some random pics of my collection that aren't art I specifically did. For that you can check out my art thread.

Pics will be linked facebook which will change quickly.  So here's link to my albums there as well :

Dinosaurs : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1372616632005&type=3

Jurassic Park/World toys : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10211585520210139&type=3

Here is my haul from today :

Super Colossal Indoraptor and new Indominus

Super cool busts from YankeeTrex/Rob Miranda :

TooOldForDinosaurs

Very exciting, I've been wanting to get a look into that. Unfortunately the Facebook links don't seem to work - at least for me.  :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 15, 2023, 05:33:51 AMVery exciting, I've been wanting to get a look into that. Unfortunately the Facebook links don't seem to work - at least for me.  :-\

Hmm..do you have a facebook account? I think that's the only limitation to posting pics there. I can see them myself so generally assume everyone else with a fb account can as well. I do have my pics set to public since I do so much selling on there as well.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 15, 2023, 07:35:54 AM
Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 15, 2023, 05:33:51 AMVery exciting, I've been wanting to get a look into that. Unfortunately the Facebook links don't seem to work - at least for me.  :-\

Hmm..do you have a facebook account? I think that's the only limitation to posting pics there. I can see them myself so generally assume everyone else with a fb account can as well. I do have my pics set to public since I do so much selling on there as well.
Yes, I do. But it tells me the content of the albums are not available.

ceratopsian

I tried first two and got content not available: link may be broken or page removed.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Let me see if I can find a direct link.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm..every time I copy the address it looks like the ones above?  Maybe just try my profile and go to albums?

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisKastner1982

Facebook has quirks and they keep changing things it's very annoying.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 15, 2023, 03:06:36 PMHmm..every time I copy the address it looks like the ones above?  Maybe just try my profile and go to albums?

Tried that too, couldn't find the album either. Maybe it is set to private or something (if that even exists - not much of a facebook user).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 15, 2023, 04:34:01 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 15, 2023, 03:06:36 PMHmm..every time I copy the address it looks like the ones above?  Maybe just try my profile and go to albums?

Tried that too, couldn't find the album either. Maybe it is set to private or something (if that even exists - not much of a facebook user).

Send me a friend request and I'll add you, we'll see if that does it. I may have to check my settings. I'm Alan Grant with computers.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Finished the shelf/display stand for the Dilophosaurus.

Planning to store the Barbasol can replica in the hole when I receive it. I'll add a light in there as well.  Need to get some moss from walmart on monday to detail it. I might add a Dock Sign replica but not sure where it would look good. I do have a JP replica rain coat I could put on it too.

Ikessauro

That Display looks amazing! Sure the Barbasol Can will make it even better!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 18, 2023, 02:43:03 PMThat Display looks amazing! Sure the Barbasol Can will make it even better!

Thanks! I apparently don't know how to anything simple lol This was 2x4 and planking making it weigh quite a bit more than I intended. I did get a bit lost in just figuring it out  ;D

Just need to figure out the Giganotosaurus now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dino Dream's first 1/15 Pteranodon based on JP3. 

I wanted to go ahead and get this one since they have an alternate version coming out soon and I think the pair of them would be pretty awesome together. They are also almost the same scale as the HC version.

Halichoeres

I also can't see your photos. FB is pretty bad for photo hosting.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 25, 2023, 12:36:50 AMI also can't see your photos. FB is pretty bad for photo hosting.

its about all i have other than DA

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 25, 2023, 06:29:20 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on June 25, 2023, 12:36:50 AMI also can't see your photos. FB is pretty bad for photo hosting.

Well, DA has the distinct advantage of providing stable image links!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 26, 2023, 03:47:06 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 25, 2023, 06:29:20 AM

Well, DA has the distinct advantage of providing stable image links!

Except it's for hosting art, sadly a lot of members there have forgotten that.  If something like this next piece crosses into both art and collecting then  Ican also post it here.

JW Giga bust display

Giga bust created and finished by Rob Miranda , Display built by me, 2x6, planking, 2x2, copper pipe, all painted and foliage added.

Halichoeres

I mean, fair enough, but there are plenty of others. Flickr is free up to 1000 photos, and postimg I think doesn't even require an account. Possibly imgur too? And that way people don't have to be your FB friend to see your photos. You obviously have a huge collection, I'm sure plenty of people would like to see it!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 27, 2023, 07:00:26 PMI mean, fair enough, but there are plenty of others. Flickr is free up to 1000 photos, and postimg I think doesn't even require an account. Possibly imgur too? And that way people don't have to be your FB friend to see your photos. You obviously have a huge collection, I'm sure plenty of people would like to see it!

Thanks, I'll look into it if I can find the time. I' on so many pages, so many groups and doing so much else it's..difficult.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: