You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What 5 ornithischians would we like from CollectA?

Started by Sim, June 08, 2023, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What 5 ornithischians would you most like from CollectA?

Chasmosaurus (new)
8 (22.2%)
Dryosaurus
20 (55.6%)
Edmontonia
5 (13.9%)
Einiosaurus (deluxe)
1 (2.8%)
Kentrosaurus (new)
4 (11.1%)
Heterodontosaurus
13 (36.1%)
Laellynasaura
10 (27.8%)
Liaoningosaurus
6 (16.7%)
Magnapaulia
6 (16.7%)
Maiasaura (without a nest or babies)
17 (47.2%)
Mantellisaurus (standing or walking)
2 (5.6%)
Ouranosaurus
7 (19.4%)
Saurolophus
10 (27.8%)
Scelidosaurus (bipedal)
12 (33.3%)
Scolosaurus
10 (27.8%)
Scutellosaurus (1:10 scale)
10 (27.8%)
Shantungosaurus
13 (36.1%)
Stegosaurus ungulatus
5 (13.9%)
Torosaurus latus
3 (8.3%)
Udanoceratops
7 (19.4%)
Any ceratopsian not yet available as a toy
4 (11.1%)
Any Hadrosauriformes
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Sim

Stegotyranno420

Sim

I voted for:
1. Mantellisaurus.  CollectA's current one is nice but I'd like one in a more neutral pose.
2. Ouranosaurus.  I think CollectA can make one that doesn't have the inaccuracies of Haolonggood's and is more modern than the Battat.
3. Scelidosaurus.  A modern version of this is much needed and being in a bipedal pose would make it very unique.
4. Scolosaurus.  CollectA lacks a good ankylosaurid figure.
5. Stegosaurus.  CollectA's Stegosaurus figures are old, if CollectA would like to make a new version of this popular genus a Stegosaurus ungulatus would stand out as there is no accurate figure of this species.

Jose S.M.

I voted all ornithopods since I don't really like collectA ceratopsians outside their deluxe ones and I trust Safari better for the Thyreophorans. But they have excelled in their ornithopod department lately, I just wish they were bigger. The Hadrosaurus was great but tiny so maybe a deluxe one hahaha. Given how the large Edmontosaurus turned out very nice I think they can pull off a Shantungosaurus.

Sim

I expected Ouranosaurus and Saurolophus to do best in this poll, followed by Maiasaura, so I'm surprised to see Shantungosaurus leading!  I think I would be interested in a Shantungosaurus from CollectA.  It could go well with the PNSO Sinoceratops and Zhuchengtyrannus.

ceratopsian

I went for

Scelidosaurus
Shantungosaurus
Maiasaura
Heterodontosaurus
Chasmosaurus

Scelidosaurus and Heterodontosaurus are highest on my list.  Too much ignored!

triceratops83

A new one I'd like to see CollectA tackle is Iani smithi, a rhabdodont from the Cedar Mountain Formation.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Faelrin

Of the options above I went with:
-Dryosaurus: classic Jurassic Morrison species missing a figure still
-Edmontonia: Last figure was the retired Battat one. Overdue for a new one.
-Maiasaura: Also overdue for a new one. CollectA's ornithopods are one of their strong suits, so they certainly could do this one justice I think.
-Ouranosaurus: As nice as Haolonggood's is, it isn't quite accurate, so I would still like to see either CollectA, or PNSO do this one. The more options the better.
-Scelidosaurus: Surprised no one has done a figure of this since the recent paper on it, same goes for Scutellosaurus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

I've linked CollectA to the polls.  Looking at the results of this one again, now it's Dryosaurus that's in first place.  There isn't anything like a good Dryosaurus figure available.  Shantungosaurus is next, along with Heterodontosaurus and Maiasaura.

John

From the options listed I chose:
Dryosaurus
Ouranosaurus
Maiasaura
Saurolophus
Shantungosaurus
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Concavenator

If I had known Haolonggood was coming with their own Edmontonia, I wouldn't have voten for it in the poll!  :'(

Samrukia

Quote from: Concavenator on June 16, 2023, 09:41:18 AMIf I had known Haolonggood was coming with their own Edmontonia, I wouldn't have voten for it in the poll!  :'(
you can re-vote :)

Concavenator

avatar_Samrukia @erlectric Thank you for telling me. I swapped Edmontonia for Dryosaurus, though not sure that's any helpful since avatar_Sim @Sim already forwarded the poll to CollectA.

TheCambrianCrusader

Surprised at how many votes Dryosaurus got, not that I'm complaining!
As long as Collecta keeps making obscure ornithopods I'm happy

Halichoeres

It's striking how few votes there are for ceratopsians--I wonder if that's because there are already lots of good ceratopsian figures, or just because of CollectA's choice to render them all with tail quills.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I'm generally rather bored by ceratopsian toys nowadays; we've gotten so many of them by now compared to thyreophorans and small ornithopods. The only species CollectA could do that would really excite me is Torosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

I still get excited about ceratopsians and they are a favorite group of mine, but I don't care for CollectA's. Also, I have most of the species I want.  I don't need ceratopsians from CollectA when Haolonggood, Safari, and PNSO does them better.

Sim

I don't want ceratopsids from CollectA as I dislike the filaments CollectA gives them.  Recent study has determined the filaments of Psittacosaurus are scales so they aren't the popular "quills".  The filaments beig scales makes them unlikely to be present on a ceratopsid, I think, since unlike Psittacosaurus ceratopsids already had frills for display.  Psittacosaurus was also more flexible than ceratopsids, making display structures on its tail more useful.

Flaffy

Quote from: Sim on June 25, 2023, 05:36:02 PMI don't want ceratopsids from CollectA as I dislike the filaments CollectA gives them.  Recent study has determined the filaments of Psittacosaurus are scales so they aren't the popular "quills".  The filaments beig scales makes them unlikely to be present on a ceratopsid, I think, since unlike Psittacosaurus ceratopsids already had frills for display.  Psittacosaurus was also more flexible than ceratopsids, making display structures on its tail more useful.

Likewise. I recall all the way back in 2017, I said I preferred the CollectA Einiosaurus over Safari's. But after having them both in hand, I vastly prefer Safari's take over CollectA's. Likewise for the following Regaliceratops releases.

I don't like how CollectA keeps insisting on adding Psittacosaurus-like filaments to their Ceratopsids, even when there's pretty much zero evidence supporting such a specific arrangement on derived members of the family. For me, this is similar to PNSO doubling down on liplessness despite evidence pointing to the contrary.

That being said, I'd love to see CollectA try their hand at Psittacosaurus itself again. Their old Procon one is really showing it's age, and I think they can produce a really nice looking one in their supersized Deluxe/Supreme line. P. ordosensis and P. neimongoliensis strikes me as particularly good candidates for a 1:1 scale model.

Faelrin

I removed and changed my vote.

As I now have the Haolonggood red Ouranosaurus in hand (green on wishlist), I don't feel the need for another Ouranosaurus anytime soon. It's not quite accurate, but I doubt another will appease as much as the colors on these two will.

Likewise they have an Edmontonia on the way so I don't feel I need to see CollectA do this one.

My revised votes this time:
-Dryosaurus
-Maiasaura
-Saurolophus
-Scelidosaurus
-Scutellosaurus

I think all of these are overdo for new figures, or have had yet to recieve any.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: