News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TooOldForDinosaurs' Collection

Started by TooOldForDinosaurs, February 18, 2022, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

What a masterpiece !  :o
Is it 1/35 ?
It almost makes me hesitant to get it, but it might be too late, and probably quite expansive !

TooOldForDinosaurs

Here you go S @shahinos  :) :

I really struggled to fit both of them in frame, so the quality is not as crisp as the single shots unfortunately. They scale really nice together.

avatar_SenSx @SenSx It's about 65cm long. For an individual around 23 meters that fits nicely into the 1:35 scale. You can always try to contact Guilherme on social media. But yes, it is not cheap.  :-X

shahinos

Fantastic! The legs and arms of Zeus look quite sturdier!

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: shahinos on June 17, 2023, 10:47:45 AMFantastic! The legs and arms of Zeus look quite sturdier!

Yep. He's a beefy one for sure.  :D

SenSx

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 17, 2023, 10:41:21 AMHere you go S @shahinos  :) :

avatar_SenSx @SenSx It's about 65cm long. For an individual around 23 meters that fits nicely into the 1:35 scale. You can always try to contact Guilherme on social media. But yes, it is not cheap.  :-X

Thanks for your beautiful pics, you made me order it.
I'm not a huge sauropods fan, as I have always prefered theropods, but I was so shocked by its beauty.
I was planning to get the HAOLONGGOOD which is alwready very nice, but I think the extra bucks for Zeus are worth it.
There are resin unpainted figure sold for the same price or even more expansive.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Glad I could help!  :) For me its quite the opposite haha. That is true. And it's made of vinyl. So you won't have to worry about anything breaking during shipment unlike with resins.

Edit: Or not only with shipment but in general.

postsaurischian

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on May 24, 2023, 09:19:05 PM

The Stygimoloch is wonderful :-*  ... and the young is so cute, BLACKHORSE Studio did a great job with this species (I want to believe!).
I have the 1:20 pair, even at such a small scale the details are breathtaking. Excellent sculpting!

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 16, 2023, 03:38:07 PM

:D  What a beautiful animal, such a beautiful face. Congratulations! Very unique in style as well.
Although it's a bit too expensive for me, I would have considered getting it if HAOLONGGOOD hadn't released the Apatosaurus.
But I can definitely understand when someone falls in love with this Brontosaurus. And when you're in love you get priceblind - I know what I'm talking about ;D .

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian Thank you! The 1:20 set looks beautiful too. I've never seen that scene painted before :)

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 20, 2023, 08:26:13 PMBut I can definitely understand when someone falls in love with this Brontosaurus. And when you're in love you get priceblind - I know what I'm talking about ;D .

Very true  :))  I had made up my mind about acquiring this one the moment I saw the first Zeus sculpting process picture on Guilhermes instagram (back in December 2021/ January 2022) - long before I had any idea or estimate of what it was gonna cost me  :-[

Halichoeres

This is one of the most popular resin models I've seen, apart from big names like Sideshow. Lots of demand for Brontosaurus, it seems! It's a beaut, congrats!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 26, 2023, 07:15:27 PMThis is one of the most popular resin models I've seen, apart from big names like Sideshow. Lots of demand for Brontosaurus, it seems! It's a beaut, congrats!

Thank you! It really is incredible. Also it is actually vinyl, not resin. It's very lightweight - I was super surprised, just how light it is when holding it the first time. :)

Halichoeres

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 27, 2023, 08:28:12 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on June 26, 2023, 07:15:27 PMThis is one of the most popular resin models I've seen, apart from big names like Sideshow. Lots of demand for Brontosaurus, it seems! It's a beaut, congrats!

Thank you! It really is incredible. Also it is actually vinyl, not resin. It's very lightweight - I was super surprised, just how light it is when holding it the first time. :)

Oh, interesting! It has amazing detail and presence for vinyl, congrats to both you and Bilinski!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TooOldForDinosaurs

My newest arrivals need no introduction  :)

SidB

Great pictures as usual, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs . They always do full justice to the subjects at hand. These are no exception.

Bread

Even having this Pachyrhinosaurus in hand, plus seeing dozens of others showcasing theirs, this model never ceases to amaze me. It looks fantastic and I also enjoy your inclusion of foliage as always.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: SidB on July 01, 2023, 11:22:52 PMGreat pictures as usual, avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs . They always do full justice to the subjects at hand. These are no exception.
Quote from: Bread on July 02, 2023, 01:18:54 AMEven having this Pachyrhinosaurus in hand, plus seeing dozens of others showcasing theirs, this model never ceases to amaze me. It looks fantastic and I also enjoy your inclusion of foliage as always.

Thank you both S @SidB avatar_Bread @Bread^-^  I agree avatar_Bread @Bread . I absolutely love their Apatosaurus for its size and and just the fact that they did an Apatosaurus - but sculpt- and paint-wise the Pachy is their best new release by far in my opinion.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

TooOldForDinosaurs

Another big acquisition I made in early January just arrived at my doorstep. Initially I did not plan on getting this piece (because I feel kind of guilty spending all this money on dinosaur art) but when I saw the first in hand pictures I just could not resist having this wonderful tribute to the best dinosaur documentary in my collection. And it is absolutely breathtaking; The Beelzebufo x Masiakasaurus scene from SenSen studios. Wow.  :o

The whole scene:

The Beelzebufo:

The 3 minus 1 Masiakasaurus juveniles:

Aside from the 2 Masiakasaurus siblings that also run into the reach of the viscous predator, it is very true to the iconic scene in PP and the sculpting and paintwork is immaculate - as to be expected from SenSen. You just know you're in for a treat when buying from this artist. I am very grateful to own one of these beautiful dioramas.  :)

Pliosaurking

What an absolutely Fantastic set! I absolutely adore the Prehistoric Planet Beelzebufo, so it's nice to see a model of it!

ceratopsian

Congratulations!  It's a beautiful piece to savour.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: