News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Edmontonia and Wuerhosaurus for sure; I'm on the fence on Pachyrhinosaurus (I'm pretty happy with the Safari one).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Thialfi

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 27, 2023, 09:13:46 PMEdmontonia and Wuerhosaurus for sure; I'm on the fence on Pachyrhinosaurus (I'm pretty happy with the Safari one).
Oh yes, the Safari one is pretty great still after all those years. If you own that one it's not a must, though the Haolonggood one does bring something unique to the table in terms of bulk and facial detail.

Apologies if I made your choice harder!

Carnoking

Possibly my most noteworthy June addition is this absolute unit of an Apatosaurus from Halonggood. It's always a red letter day when you get to add a big sauropod to the collection.

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Is that a 1/35 figure of Shrek, lol? That's great.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: Faelrin on June 29, 2023, 12:19:44 PMavatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Is that a 1/35 figure of Shrek, lol? That's great.
I would like to know as well, and where did he get it from?

I am looking for more 1/35 scale characters or just items in general for comparisons.

Carnoking

I can't remember if he's 1/35 scale exactly but I recall looking into it when I found him and decided he was either 1/35 or close enough to 1/35 for my liking  ;D

I happened upon him at Dollar Tree at one point while I was looking for the mini dinosaurs Mattel released for Dominion but this was an even more exciting find in my eyes.

Sim

I've received the following:

1. Safari Archaeopteryx.  It was smaller than I expected it to be which I like, since I wanted a small Archaeopteryx.  Yet the detail and sculpting of it is top tier!  I am very impressed by this figure and I'm surprised it's not featured more often.  I love it!

2. PNSO Sinoceratops.  I had been feeling a bit upset that I'd given away the one I originally got, but, unexpectedly it turned out to be a good thing, because to my surprise the PNSO Sinoceratops I got today doesn't have the gloss on the face!  I had to check it a few times to make sure it really was the case.  I'm very happy with this Sinoceratops now!

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Thanks for the information. Honestly that's a cool little figure and does seem to work pretty well in this scale, or close enough. Kind of want to get one now for the same purposes not gonna lie, lol.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

Quote from: Thialfi on June 28, 2023, 11:37:05 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on June 27, 2023, 09:13:46 PMEdmontonia and Wuerhosaurus for sure; I'm on the fence on Pachyrhinosaurus (I'm pretty happy with the Safari one).
Oh yes, the Safari one is pretty great still after all those years. If you own that one it's not a must, though the Haolonggood one does bring something unique to the table in terms of bulk and facial detail.

If the Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus would have circular pupils I would get it, or probably both versions of it, and replace my Safari Pachyrhinosaurus.  I prefer the size and sculpt of the Haolonggood Pachy to the Safari Pachy.

Eatmycar

The pupils on the Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus are my only genuine faults with the figure. I passed because I'm staying with 1:18 figures, but otherwise it's a gorgeous animal!

Sim

Yes, at first I thought a new Pachyrhinosaurus wasn't needed.  But the Haolonggood versions show that a new Pachyrhinosaurus was needed!

Duna

Quote from: Eatmycar on June 29, 2023, 06:17:06 PMThe pupils on the Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus are my only genuine faults with the figure. I passed because I'm staying with 1:18 figures, but otherwise it's a gorgeous animal!
That's precisely one of the nicest touches in this figure. Darren Naish also added in Prehistoric Planet horizontal pupils in their Pachyrrhinosaurus and explained why they did that. And for me, it's a perfect and plausible explanation and a very fresh addition from Haolonggood.
I've just received it and I LOvE it. And the wuerhosaurus, too. What a nice little figure.

Fenestra

I bought this 3D model kit of baby Yingliang from an Etsy seller. You had to paint it yourself.
The egg is 24cm long and I'm very happy how it turned out.
I love "curiousity cabinet" things like this. ^-^

SidB

This little figure arrived in yesterday's  mail and immediately made a positive impression on me. A lot has been said about Haolonggood's Wuerhosaurus, so I won't re-iterate it here, but I do want to compare it to another specimen of the same, namely Vitae's Wuerhosaurus. See one big difference - it's the shoulder spikes. Vitae followed Dong's older interpretation, which assumed the lone spike found with the holotype belonged there instead of on the thagomizer.

Stegotyranno420

The beast has arrived Peking National Scientific-Art Organization's
Mapusaurus rosae, which will simultaneously be the stand in for Giganotosaurus carolini
. Originally I wanted to get the Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus, but I think that will be released either never, or the conviently wrong time for me. Then I decided for a sauropod, either haolongoods or a new PNSO one which never came. But I decided to jump the shark(toothed reptile) and get this guy. 

Fembrogon

I've had to be a little more careful with my spending lately, but I've had a few new acquisitions lately:

My Dearc from Little Softs arrived in the mail, and it's very cute. It's pleasantly poseable, too; although the wire in the wings feels a little less secured than I care for. I like it a lot, though - a welcome addition to the extinct animal market.

My big Haolonggood haul from AliExpress arrived just yesterday. This wasn't a cheap haul in all, but with discounts stacked I did essentially get the Pentaceratops for free. I bought them without the boxes to cut a few dollars as well, so I may discard the foam. All of these are very cool.

...And these two I picked up today at a dino-themed kids activity center; neat little place, and this toy brand is a new one for me. Quality seems pretty good.

Carnoking

Stuffed horsehoe crab for the win!

MLMjp

Super jelous of your Halonggood acquisitions, guys.

As for me, I wasn't sure about getting these two, but my dad bought them for me!

EDIT: You were supposed to see the JW Borealopelta and Giganspinosaurus, but I can't get the right link to post the image on mobile, damn it!
EDIT 2: fixed

SidB

Cameron the Tyrannosaurus by PNSO and the new Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus (green /orange) just came in, so I took a few pictures of them in their new homes.

Cameron on the Tyrannosaur shelf extension, along with the old Battat classic Edmontonia and version one of their great T-rex, for comparison with the pack of PNSO and the Rebor ones.

The Pachrhinosaurus with the two PNSO specimens and surrounded by a a bevy of their pals:

Roselaar

Found me some new Dino Trackers for my collection:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: