News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on July 12, 2023, 12:47:29 PMThey are nice.
Kind of remind me the 'Linde' Dinos -
although it seems they would feel lighter in hand.

But this seller clearly overpriced his items - what puts me off with everything he is selling.

Yeah, what they offer is exactly the stuff I am going for. But He demands far too much. Plus, the postage to Germany would be ridiculous. The best grapes always hang highest.  :-\

Carnoking

Quote from: SidB on July 12, 2023, 08:40:27 PMBudgetary constraints or not, you made a good decision to acquire this one, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking . May you get many years of enjoyment from it.

It's an instant "safe bet" figure for me. Even if I fall out of this hobby and end up selling off most of my collection, this is one that I'll hold onto for as long as I can.

Bread

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Glad it is in safe hands ;D
Wonderful photos too!

JohannesB

Compared to this beautiful DeClay Studio T. rex, the PNSO T. rex (Cameron) holds up very well, I think. I only own the PNSO T. rex, and not the DeClay Studio one, but I must say that I think both are masterpieces in their own right, even considering their "issues" (or more correctly, interpretative differences) like "lips or no lips" - both have little to none, but the DeClay figure might be the more correct in that it is "partially lipped" and arms that might be a bit too big (for the DeClay T. rex, or so it looks, to me at least). In other words, I am quite content owning just one of these two models. The other way round, when owning the DeClay figure, it would seem to me that it is not necessary to acquire the PNSO figure  8)  Either one is arguably the near-ultimate in Tyrannosaurus reconstruction - until the next best thing comes along, of course.. ^-^

Saarlooswolfhound

I remember seeing Sue's articulated skeleton during one of her traveling presentations at a nearby museum. I fell in awe staring into her face. When she came back 10 years later I HAD to go, and I had the same feeling visiting her again. I haven't had a chance to see the "fleshed out" version of her, but this model gives off that self same aura of standing in front of her way back when.

marisaura

i've had the baby for years and i just couldn't bear to leave him alone for any longer. reunited at last!!

Libraraptor

Good news for the baby. I have this very couple as well ^-^

Saarlooswolfhound

They make a gorgeous pair. Congratulations!

Sim

I've acquired the following:

1. Safari Anzu.  Yes, I finally got one of the 2018 Safari figures.  I've expressed my dislike for Safari's 2018 lineup more than once, but now that most of what I want has been made I took interest in the Safari Anzu again, and having it now, it's a really good figure.  I'm happy Safari made such an interesting animal.  I wanted to get the Safari Citipati too, but it was out of stock where I made my order, hopefully I can get it soon.

2. Safari Sarcosuchus.  It exudes power.

3. Papo Kaprosuchus.  It's bigger than I expected.  And more awesome than I expected!  Its eyes appear to glow, they look so realistic!  I love this figure, it's Papo's best without a doubt!

4. PNSO Pinacosaurus.  I'm happy to finally have it!  Ankylosaurians are so nice, it's great to be able to have a number of good figures of them now!  A top 10 ankylosaurian toys poll would be very interesting, I know there was interest in it before, it will be a fun poll to do I think!

5. BotM 1:18 Protoceratops andrewsi.  The small 1:18 BotM figures are such a great size, they work well even for 1:35 scale I think, smaller figures than them might be too small...  I'm happy to have a figure of Protoceratops now, it goes well with my 1:18 BotM Velociraptor and PNSO Pinacosaurus.  The Safari Citipati would round off this set very well, but as I mentioned previously it was sold out when I made my order.  I'm not sure I'll get the BotM Protoceratops hellenikorhinus too, it looks very similar to the P. andrewsi...  What I would like, now more than ever, is a Saurornithoides to fit in my little Djadochta Formation group.

SidB

I was quite excited about getting the new HLG Edmontonia (grey-bluish version), and lo and behold, it came yesterday from Aliexpress, a week early. I thought that showing some comparison pictures would be of interest, so here:

The HLG at 1/38 is rather smaller than the old benchmark, the famous Battat Edmontonia, issued back in the 1990's. That was quite an amazingly long run as the best one on the market. It was sold as a 1/40, but obviously it is a lot larger. I'm including the Battat mini as a bonus.

However, close-up and detail-wise, the new Haolonggood simply blows the old Battat out of the water. They made a splendid sculpt.

Finally, I'll include my entire collection of nodosaurids, including the newcomer, for comparison and reference:

Here's the line-up:
1) Collecta Borealopelts; PNSO Borealopelta; HLG Edmontonia; Battat Edmontonia; Battat mini Edmontonia

2) Schleich Sauropelta; PNSO Sauropelta; Vitae Zhejiangosaurus; Papo Polocanthus; Schleich Animantarx

CityRaptor

Quote from: marisaura on July 14, 2023, 08:51:52 PMi've had the baby for years and i just couldn't bear to leave him alone for any longer. reunited at last!!

Congratulations! I only have the baby, so she got adopted by my Carnegie Corythosaurus.

Found the Nothosaurus in a local shop.
The NG Special was a suprise find when grocery shoppig.
Creature from the Black Lagoon and Camp Cretaceous Season 1 - 3 are Prime Day Hauls.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: SidB on July 16, 2023, 01:07:37 AMFinally, I'll include my entire collection of nodosaurids, including the newcomer, for comparison and reference:

Here's the line-up:
1) Collecta Borealopelts; PNSO Borealopelta; HLG Edmontonia; Battat Edmontonia; Battat mini Edmontonia

2) Schleich Sauropelta; PNSO Sauropelta; Vitae Zhejiangosaurus; Papo Polocanthus; Schleich Animantarx
Very good looking lineup :)

SidB

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on July 16, 2023, 05:05:47 AM
Quote from: SidB on July 16, 2023, 01:07:37 AMFinally, I'll include my entire collection of nodosaurids, including the newcomer, for comparison and reference:

Here's the line-up:

Very good looking lineup :)
Sure does remind one of a formation of tanks, doesn't it?

Roselaar

Tracked down one of the older Mattelsaurs I still needed for my collection:

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 16, 2023, 01:53:20 AM
Quote from: marisaura on July 14, 2023, 08:51:52 PMi've had the baby for years and i just couldn't bear to leave him alone for any longer. reunited at last!!

Congratulations! I only have the baby, so she got adopted by my Carnegie Corythosaurus.

Found the Nothosaurus in a local shop.
The NG Special was a suprise find when grocery shoppig.
Creature from the Black Lagoon and Camp Cretaceous Season 1 - 3 are Prime Day Hauls.

Bought myself that National Geographic issue, too. Unfortunately what I found was old articles lovelessly cobbled together. What do you think, avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor?

Halichoeres

That's a tough one to track down, congrats!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fenestra

Scipionyx in all its glory.
Another Etsy purchase I just had to buy.

I mean, who can resist those baby blue eyes.  :))

Libraraptor

Gorgeous little model!

Sim

I've acquired:

1. Haolonggood green Wuerhosaurus.  I love it!  I was pleasantly surprised by its beak being painted.

2. Haolonggood brown Apatosaurus.  It's huge!  Bigger than I expected!  When I was little I wanted the adult Carnegie Apatosaurus...  I'm happy to now have a better Apatosaurus by Haolonggood!

SidB

The Model Toy Shop shipped my W-Dragon T-rex order to me in seemed like record time for Toronto - about two and a half weeks (and using regular post too)!Here's the big 41 cm fellow:

There's a choice of two lipped heads with the model, one with the mouth closed (my favorite), one open. Both are attached magnetically and the magnet functions very well, the heads are very secure. The closed-mouth version is virtually seamless, W-Dragon did an outstanding execution of the fusion. The open-mouthed is not quite as good, but still very satisfactory on my copy.

Joining the ranks of the rexes:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: