News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 30, 2023, 04:27:03 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on June 30, 2023, 09:23:06 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 30, 2023, 06:27:38 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on June 29, 2023, 06:30:35 PMDefinitely going to be a hard choice between these two options but given how impossible the dragon soul options have become to get, that decision may be made for me.

I think initially that was true with the Spino, though it seems easier now?

I actually had an easier time locking in the Spinosaurus than the last few offerings. I never saw the DS V. rex or Giga in stock at the usual websites and had to make arrangements to get them through other means. Now that the Mosasaurus is rolling out, I'm yet to see the DS variant in stock anywhere despite seeing other collectors posting in hand images of it. Not that I'm terribly torn up about that one, I'm fine with just the standard release for the mosa but the point stands that the opportunity to order it was never presented

I usually look for Lana to do a register for the DS products. If not I'd contact them.  I did see the last ones come up on Warung Forza's shop on facebook.  Yeah I didn't need the Mosasaur so I didn't bother with seeing how hard it was to acquire. Maybe the Spinosaurus was easier because many didn't want to spend the extra money/take a chance? Then it quietly sold out?  IDK I sold mine pretty quick after getting it.

So it's best to contact Lana? I always just figured they emailed previous customers and that was that for their stock and since I never got a DS from them I'd kinda be SOL. I've seen Warung posting in the past but I have not ordered from them so I'll admit to being a little hesitant to buy from them.
BBTS is yet to even have a pre-order for the DS Mosa despite the standard variants coming in and out of pre-order availability so I'm wondering if they'll be bothering with them going forward.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on June 30, 2023, 04:52:33 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 30, 2023, 04:27:03 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on June 30, 2023, 09:23:06 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 30, 2023, 06:27:38 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on June 29, 2023, 06:30:35 PMDefinitely going to be a hard choice between these two options but given how impossible the dragon soul options have become to get, that decision may be made for me.

I think initially that was true with the Spino, though it seems easier now?

I actually had an easier time locking in the Spinosaurus than the last few offerings. I never saw the DS V. rex or Giga in stock at the usual websites and had to make arrangements to get them through other means. Now that the Mosasaurus is rolling out, I'm yet to see the DS variant in stock anywhere despite seeing other collectors posting in hand images of it. Not that I'm terribly torn up about that one, I'm fine with just the standard release for the mosa but the point stands that the opportunity to order it was never presented

I usually look for Lana to do a register for the DS products. If not I'd contact them.  I did see the last ones come up on Warung Forza's shop on facebook.  Yeah I didn't need the Mosasaur so I didn't bother with seeing how hard it was to acquire. Maybe the Spinosaurus was easier because many didn't want to spend the extra money/take a chance? Then it quietly sold out?  IDK I sold mine pretty quick after getting it.

So it's best to contact Lana? I always just figured they emailed previous customers and that was that for their stock and since I never got a DS from them I'd kinda be SOL. I've seen Warung posting in the past but I have not ordered from them so I'll admit to being a little hesitant to buy from them.
BBTS is yet to even have a pre-order for the DS Mosa despite the standard variants coming in and out of pre-order availability so I'm wondering if they'll be bothering with them going forward.

i just emailed Lana earlier, said they would send me a preorder link for the DS when it was ready.  Sometimes it pays to be proactive.  ;)

Carnoking

The wording on their posts always struck me as a bit open and shut, "priority to providing regular customers" and all that, although I suppose that alone shouldn't have discouraged me from at the very least trying to join the registration in the past. Suppose I'll have to reach out for the rex sooner rather than later. avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon are you considered a "priority customer"? I haven't gotten many Nanmu figures from Lana so I don't know what it takes to get special consideration on that list.

It's kind of weird how quickly some of these DS figures go out of stock while others like the Carnos, para corpse, and sick trike are still readily available. We're those not as limited?

Over9K

BBTS does stock the Dragon Soul line as well. You'll just have to check 10/15 times a day to see when the Pre-Order goes up... and you'll wait that extra two months, but it IS another source.

Carnoking

Quote from: Over9K on June 30, 2023, 07:11:18 PMBBTS does stock the Dragon Soul line as well. You'll just have to check 10/15 times a day to see when the Pre-Order goes up... and you'll wait that extra two months, but it IS another source.

Yeah, I managed to snag the spino from them back in the day but I blinked and missed the V.rex and Giga and they never came back as far as I know.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on June 30, 2023, 06:09:39 PMThe wording on their posts always struck me as a bit open and shut, "priority to providing regular customers" and all that, although I suppose that alone shouldn't have discouraged me from at the very least trying to join the registration in the past. Suppose I'll have to reach out for the rex sooner rather than later. avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon are you considered a "priority customer"? I haven't gotten many Nanmu figures from Lana so I don't know what it takes to get special consideration on that list.

It's kind of weird how quickly some of these DS figures go out of stock while others like the Carnos, para corpse, and sick trike are still readily available. We're those not as limited?

I'm not sure but I do order a lot from them. Anything from China I get through them and I've actually helped their Chinese customers get things from the U.S. so..maybe?

I think those last items you mentioned just didn't get the love they had hoped for. The sick trike and Para corpse are more for die hard fans or diorama builders. Both look good as prey items.  The Carnos ran into all those issues with scale and fragility, they may have been a casualty of th fall out from the rearing Brachio dilemma or fiasco as it seemed with collectors. 

dragon53

ladyferry

I am definitely getting the red one!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on July 01, 2023, 10:00:46 PM

I can't really agree on the best overall Spinosaurus. The sculpt is a great JP3 Spino it's my current favorite Nanmu one. The Paint is fantastic too but when you put them together it's not a JP3 Spino or a scientific one. That's really my only complaint. The paint scheme was from the Sideshow 2nd release Spinosaurus which was one of the best I've seen on a Spinosaurus. Just sort of wish it's was that scheme on a different spinosaur?

Carnoking

Sorely tempted by the base alone. Even if it's not canon, it's pretty awesome. And the paint job is really well done too...  :P 

blnadal

本心楠改工作室 Nanmu studio

Dear fans, before taking a vacation, please allow us to release the latest progress of our work. And then we started our holiday.
1. The "Smart" series has currently completed the structural setup of the Raptor, but there are still many dissatisfaction, which may need to be modified several times to meet the needs of the working group, such as setting a joint component on the neck and 1-2 joints on the tail. in order to achieve a better range of motion. Other details still need a lot of work to improve, and you will see better sample drawings next month.
2. We are satisfied with the sample of "unstarted color". The retail price is 199RMB, which needs to be assembled, polished and bonded by ourselves.
3. Alpha 2.0 will be fully pre-ordered online on July 10, if you need it, please support us.
Thank you for your support and understanding as always. See you after the holiday!

Blade-of-the-Moon

If they make painted, poseable versions then I would certainly be interested.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 10, 2023, 08:25:52 PMLink for all three variants of the new Rex is up at Lana, no DS yet.

https://lanatime-shop.com/products/nanmualpha2?fbclid=IwAR3DMKK-uKn4BqJlLR_AndCKk29FQzWNg0ANw2Z-oVcA3V4AkLF_bLKuYFQ
Thank you Blade of the Moon!

Now I wonder why there is a $5 increase for the red variant? I am probably going to assume it is due to the hype for it...

Carnoking

Hm, kind of expected slightly worse on that price so that's kind of nice.

I did get in touch with Lana and they told me more or less what I expected regarding the DS option, so the standard release might be the way to go for me.

Cpt Red 3eard

Not having the Dragon Soul version available today is pretty disappointing. Having to wait another 3 months for the chance to order one... not great. Ideally, I would only get one, and the Dragon Soul is 10/10 so that's the one I'd like to get.
Lana told me they were unsure on numbers when I emailed them, so I wonder if the delay is to accommodate more numbers produced?
Ultimately, it's not a big deal. If I can't snag the DS, then I can settle for the base 2.0. Odds are very low that it sells out before October.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on July 10, 2023, 09:01:45 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 10, 2023, 08:25:52 PMLink for all three variants of the new Rex is up at Lana, no DS yet.

https://lanatime-shop.com/products/nanmualpha2?fbclid=IwAR3DMKK-uKn4BqJlLR_AndCKk29FQzWNg0ANw2Z-oVcA3V4AkLF_bLKuYFQ
Thank you Blade of the Moon!

Now I wonder why there is a $5 increase for the red variant? I am probably going to assume it is due to the hype for it...

Your welcome!

I'm guessing it might be more limited or there is an extra paint step?  I noted it but I'm ok, shipping is still free which is a better deal and no tax either.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on July 10, 2023, 09:23:15 PMHm, kind of expected slightly worse on that price so that's kind of nice.

I did get in touch with Lana and they told me more or less what I expected regarding the DS option, so the standard release might be the way to go for me.

What did they say?

Quote from: Cpt Red 3eard on July 10, 2023, 09:44:05 PMNot having the Dragon Soul version available today is pretty disappointing. Having to wait another 3 months for the chance to order one... not great. Ideally, I would only get one, and the Dragon Soul is 10/10 so that's the one I'd like to get.
Lana told me they were unsure on numbers when I emailed them, so I wonder if the delay is to accommodate more numbers produced?
Ultimately, it's not a big deal. If I can't snag the DS, then I can settle for the base 2.0. Odds are very low that it sells out before October.

On the other hand it might help you to save a bit inbetween too?

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 11, 2023, 05:55:21 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on July 10, 2023, 09:23:15 PMHm, kind of expected slightly worse on that price so that's kind of nice.

What did they say?

Quote from: Cpt Red 3eard on July 10, 2023, 09:44:05 PMNot having the Dragon Soul version available today is pretty disappointing. Having to wait another 3 months for the chance to order one... not great. Ideally, I would only get one, and the Dragon Soul is 10/10 so that's the one I'd like to get.

Basically that due to the high demand of the item they can't guarantee a copy despite reaching out. They did say they would let me know if anything changes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on July 11, 2023, 08:34:04 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 11, 2023, 05:55:21 AM

What did they say?

Basically that due to the high demand of the item they can't guarantee a copy despite reaching out. They did say they would let me know if anything changes.

Ah ok.  I would say given what I've spent with them they better find one lol joking of course if they are limited they are limited.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: