News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm.. I guess he doesn't have the WDragon Mosasaur? That's the only comparison I really care about.

I just thought, for the DS version of this they should had the mouth open and included an in scale struggling Indominus to fit in it's mouth.  That I would have jumped on.

blnadal

blnadal

@nanmustudio The latest pictures sent back by the factory seem to be making good progress. Let's work harder.
(shot directly by Huawei mobile phone)

SenSx

Incredible  :o

I was not as impressed by their latest Spinosaurs.
But we must wait for the final versions we will get in hand.

Remko

I only have a few Nanmu figures, because I don't like the current Jurassic Park designs and prefer scientifically accurate figures.

But this T. rex looks amazing. Despite not being accurate, the JP T. rex, especially from the first movie, is such an iconic animal. And portaying this end scene is a fan favorite, so I think I'll have to get this one! Might need to get an older walking T. rex as well.  ;D

Over9K

Really diggin' Typhon the Acro... Giga... Dominiosaurus.

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 28, 2023, 04:00:37 PMHmm.. I guess he doesn't have the WDragon Mosasaur? That's the only comparison I really care about.

I just thought, for the DS version of this they should had the mouth open and included an in scale struggling Indominus to fit in it's mouth.  That I would have jumped on.

Carnoking

You know, when I first saw that picture, I just thought they had both Nanmu variants  :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on June 09, 2023, 11:17:40 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 28, 2023, 04:00:37 PMHmm.. I guess he doesn't have the WDragon Mosasaur? That's the only comparison I really care about.

much appreciated!

They really don't different minus the paint. guess I'll stick with my WD.

Abobo

Carnoking

Kind of forgot about Pharaoh, but both of those are looking very pretty.

Bread

They look nice, but...
we all wish Nanmu would make actual prehistoric animals and not the same JP renditions over and over again because these look great.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on June 21, 2023, 07:49:54 PMThey look nice, but...
we all wish Nanmu would make actual prehistoric animals and not the same JP renditions over and over again because these look great.

I would be fine if they did BOTH. I think they make a really nice mid-range product for collectors of JP/JW pieces. That said if they wanted to try for accuracy I would ok with it, of course they would be up against PNSO and even Rebor coming up on them.

Carnoking

I don't know that I need Nanmu to branch out into scientifically accurate models mostly because we're getting so much good stuff on that front from the likes of PNSO, HAOLONGGOOD, and even REBOR now. With the exception of limited officially licensed options, the whole JP niche has somewhat dried up and Nanmu fills that role handsomely. Plus, I imagine if they did do scientific models they would end up making them too big and unnecessarily expensive by proxy.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 22, 2023, 05:46:41 AM

I would be fine if they did BOTH. I think they make a really nice mid-range product for collectors of JP/JW pieces. That said if they wanted to try for accuracy I would ok with it, of course they would be up against PNSO and even Rebor coming up on them.
They do make lovely JP copies. I still think their "Buck" is the best on the market. I think the real issue besides the constant JP inspired releases, is that it is the same movie monsters over and over again.

Still not a flock of Gallimimus, the Corythosaurus from JP3, a Dilophosaurus, etc. It's always the same Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus...

But back to accuracy, they did make those two (three?) pieces that were very praised by many. Shame we won't see more of those soon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on June 22, 2023, 12:58:05 PM

They do make lovely JP copies. I still think their "Buck" is the best on the market. I think the real issue besides the constant JP inspired releases, is that it is the same movie monsters over and over again.

Still not a flock of Gallimimus, the Corythosaurus from JP3, a Dilophosaurus, etc. It's always the same Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus...

But back to accuracy, they did make those two (three?) pieces that were very praised by many. Shame we won't see more of those soon.

That's true. They need to cover the other creatures in the franchise as well as the popular ones.  Oddly they haven't done a new Indominus or Indoraptor, some of their now dated pieces.

thomasw100

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 22, 2023, 02:45:20 PM
Quote from: Bread on June 22, 2023, 12:58:05 PM

That's true. They need to cover the other creatures in the franchise as well as the popular ones.  Oddly they haven't done a new Indominus or Indoraptor, some of their now dated pieces.

I could imagine that with Indominus and Indoraptor they are at risk of being taken to court for copyright infringement. They seem not to have an official JP / JW license. Nobody can take offense with them making normal dinosaurs, even if they look somewhat similar in style to JP / JW. But Indominus and Indoraptor are specific to the movies resp. the franchise.

Over9K

I actually don't want Nanmu to make accurate dinosaurs.

I want Nanmu to make BEASTS. Even though I did not purchase Mordred, it showed me the potential of Nanmu doing creatures of pure fantasy, and my current pipedream would be for Nanmu to bring us Griffons and Minotaurs and Trolls and Dragons and other beasts of fantasy and literature.

Could you imagine a totally awesomebro 2 foot Moby Dick figure, with a little unpainted Ahab and the DLX comes with a base featuring a smashed whaleboat? Or how about a 30cm Cthulu? Vermithrax Pejorative?

That's what I want.

Carnoking

Quote from: Over9K on June 22, 2023, 06:48:46 PMI actually don't want Nanmu to make accurate dinosaurs.

I want Nanmu to make BEASTS. Even though I did not purchase Mordred, it showed me the potential of Nanmu doing creatures of pure fantasy, and my current pipedream would be for Nanmu to bring us Griffons and Minotaurs and Trolls and Dragons and other beasts of fantasy and literature.

Could you imagine a totally awesomebro 2 foot Moby Dick figure, with a little unpainted Ahab and the DLX comes with a base featuring a smashed whaleboat? Or how about a 30cm Cthulu? Vermithrax Pejorative?

That's what I want.

I'd take other pop culture creatures for sure

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on June 22, 2023, 06:48:46 PMI actually don't want Nanmu to make accurate dinosaurs.

That's what I want.
I'd probably be interested in these especially due to my interest in David Silva's dragons coming.

But the issue being Nanmu's Mordred did not sell so well. I've been seeing that model sitting well stocked on sites, including Aliexpress. It was high priced to begin with, but regardless it did not meet what others wanted. Shame really that the JP inspired models are that high of demand regardless of how many we got already.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: