News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Back again and so soon. I'm mad at myself. Oh well, these two beauties from REBOR help me feel a little better.

SidB

Another HLG arrival, but this time one from their earlier epoch. The Haolonggood T-rex would likely have received good press back  in, say 2020 or 2021, but times and the demands placed on manufacturers to keep current with the very latest developments is exponential. This HLG has been left behind in the dust bin of paleo-sculptural history.

But I like it, since it goes quite well, color and integument-wise with my Wilson 2 especially, and fits into the rex diorama shelf rather well. Plus, I  got a good price from My Online Toy Shop too.

Wilson 2 matches quite well

The HLG as the latest denizen on the adjacent rex diorama shelves

DragonRider02

Everything I got last month. CollectA Koolasuchus and BOTM Dilong are my favourites.

EmperorDinobot

S @SidB what are those trees in front of your diploma?

SidB

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 06, 2023, 11:11:50 PMS @SidB what are those trees in front of your diploma?

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot, those are imitations of the old Schleich tree palms, which come in a standard and a stretched size and seem to be sold by several online retailers in China. I've seen them on eBay and they are likely available on Aliexpress as well.

SidB

I'm glad that When I got the green HLG Ouranosaurus, I refrained from ordering its companion orange version, due to the two major inaccuracies. As some of you know, and as seen below, I had the thumbs added, three addition digits on each hand as well and the solitary head crest removed and replaced with a pair of them.

Now the new, improved orange version has hit the market and I snapped one up from My Online Shop. It arrived earlier today and I'm setting it alongside my green one.

The three intermediate digits seem a bit better than on mine, though the thumb claw on the right  hand of the orange one is placed a bit  higher up than than on the green (I'm guessing that this may be intentional due to the stance of the leg). The orange still has the single crest - I suppose that the mold alteration may have been too great to justify the change? In any case, it will be no big deal for me to have it modified.

Flaffy

Newest wave of Mattel uglies popped up in my local Smyths. The Prestosuchus certainly isn't a looker, but considering I already have two versions of the Kenner Ornithosuchus (orange and prototype) and the Mattel Postosuchus, I just had to complete the JP pseudosuchian family. Looking forward to the Poposaurus next year, along with more Triassic weirdos from Mattel!

Mattel JW Triassic group shot. I think the only figure I'm missing here is the Lystrosaurus? (EDIT: Oops forgot to include Herrerasaurus in the pic)

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Lystrosaurus, but also Postosuchus, and Herrerasaurus, for the meantime. I think aside from Safari Ltd, Mattel is the only one to have offered such a large selection of Triassic period fauna. Edit: In recent years that is.

In total 9 genera so far:
-Eoraptor (2024)
-Herrerasaurus (2018, and 2023 resculpt)
-Lystrosaurus (2022)
-Nothosaurus (2023)
-Poposaurus (2024)
-Postosuchus (2020)
-Prestosuchus (2023)
-Shringasaurus (2021)
-Tanystropheus (2021)

Surprised they haven't done a Ceolophysis, and Ichthyosaurus yet. Those seem like obviously choices (because Kenner, and JWE2 as inspiration for the former, and the latter is one of the most popular marine reptiles, plus also in JWE2). Desmatosuchus might also be a nice choice too.

This reminds me, I am way over do on updating one of my other threads. Might have to work on that tomorrow.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Quote from: Faelrin on July 09, 2023, 09:06:58 PMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Lystrosaurus, but also Postosuchus, and Herrerasaurus, for the meantime. I think aside from Safari Ltd, Mattel is the only one to have offered such a large selection of Triassic period fauna. Edit: In recent years that is.

In total 9 genera so far:
-Eoraptor (2024)
-Herrerasaurus (2018, and 2023 resculpt)
-Lystrosaurus (2022)
-Nothosaurus (2023)
-Poposaurus (2024)
-Postosuchus (2020)
-Prestosuchus (2023)
-Shringasaurus (2021)
-Tanystropheus (2021)

Ah of course the ever elusive Postosuchus. Unfortunately he's back home in a box somewhere, so can't be joining the gang atm. I'm very surprised the Postoscuhus has never received a repaint given Mattel's tendancies for such things. Same applies to quite a few other sought after figures like the Gasosaurus and Tapejara.

While Mattel sculpts and paint apps are often hit or miss (the latter being rather common lately), I'm still grateful for them churning out so many obscure and diverse genera that would otherwise remain unrepresented in our collections. Pretty sure Mattel holds the title for producing the most members of the following families out of all companies:
- Ceratosauria (x12)
  - Abelisaurids (x8)
  - Ceratosaurids (x2)
  - Noasaurids (x2)
- Spinosaurids (x6)
- Stegosaurids (x8)

And a respectable diversity in Ceratopsians (x14) & Tyrannosaurs (x8).

QuoteSurprised they haven't done a Ceolophysis, and Ichthyosaurus yet. Those seem like obviously choices (because Kenner, and JWE2 as inspiration for the former, and the latter is one of the most popular marine reptiles, plus also in JWE2). Desmatosuchus might also be a nice choice too.

I've sort of been using the Ornitholestes figure as a stand-in Coelophysis from time to time, but yeah would be nice to have an official Mattel one. Bonus points if it's a Kenner homage. Would love to see some Icthyosaurs and Aetosaurs join the series too; they seem to do well on marine reptiles, and I can't argue with more pseudosuchians!

Lynx

The Tapejara is sought after? I bought it randomly at target and never really thought about it.
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin at first I was thinking, surely Bullyland or Yowie made more Triassic animals? Then I remembered the various prehistoric Toobs that Safari made, and yeah, it's not even close! Safari is the only company that contributes double-digit numbers of Triassic animals to my collection.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blackdanter

A couple more vintage Cherilea figures from the late Anthony Beeson's collection. If you love vintage plastic, you'll understand why acquiring these was non negotiable.

BrontoScorpio

They are nice.
Kind of remind me the 'Linde' Dinos -
although it seems they would feel lighter in hand.

But this seller clearly overpriced his items - what puts me off with everything he is selling.

ceratopsian

In the post today: my latest group of Haolonggood models - my thanks to V @vampiredesign for all his hard work!  These colours came out a little too intense - they are a little softer in reality.

Complete with a piece of aquarium weed for each animal!

Faelrin

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian What a wonderful group of so many beautiful figures. Can't get around to them this year, but hopefully next year.

Also took a look at that ebay page with Anthony's stuff being sold off (from the link avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio shared) and noticed there was a painted Invincta Icthyosaurus. Now I knew about the painted models, but man I never seen that one before. What a beauty.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

I know I said I'd behave but there really are some opportunities that you can't pass up. Like rehoming this truly incredible De CLAY Studio Tyrannosaurus rex model that's based off the awe-inspiring Blue Rhino Studios Sue Statue.

Ever since meeting her at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science two years ago, I've wanted something like that on my shelves. Now, thanks to avatar_Bread @Bread I finally have it!

This model really is the one true Queen.

More photos in the De CLAY Studios 2023 thread.

Libraraptor

Hey, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, I like that Tyrannosaurus a lot. Congratulations!

SidB

Budgetary constraints or not, you made a good decision to acquire this one, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking . May you get many years of enjoyment from it.

Blackdanter

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on July 12, 2023, 12:47:29 PMThey are nice.
Kind of remind me the 'Linde' Dinos -
although it seems they would feel lighter in hand.

But this seller clearly overpriced his items - what puts me off with everything he is selling.

They are similar plastic to Linde dinos. Some items were wildly overpriced (the Kleinwelke were ridiculous) but the prices for these was actually reasonable considering their scarcity.   

Lynx

Just got the Schleich Baryonyx and the Papo Stegosaurus! These are some of my dream figures, and they look so good! I'll get pictures later.
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: