News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, November 09, 2022, 01:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

A little heads up: the Woolly Rhino is a reissue of the 2016 one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Blade-of-the-Moon

And they were all three delivered today!

Air Dragon

I'm sure someone will do a proper review of this guy, it has some interesting articulation in the wings, tail and neck. It doesn't totally work but it's still neat for the typical static Papo figure. He's pretty much a copy of the Hungarian Horntail from Harry Potter as well.

Sea Dragon VS Sea Dragon

Mosa is a lot larger than I thought it would be and the Sea Dragon is smaller, both typically very detailed.

All are still on Amazon for good prices.

Over9K

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, do you happen to have the McFarlane Horntail for a comparison?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on July 07, 2023, 07:58:30 AMavatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, do you happen to have the McFarlane Horntail for a comparison?

I do. I can get a pic maybe tonight?  I think this one is a bit larger than it, and though it's about as poseable the Papo won't make you afraid of breaking it.

SpartanSquat

I have both, mosa, sea dragon and wyvern.
No news regarding kronosaurus?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SpartanSquat on July 07, 2023, 05:07:26 PMI have both, mosa, sea dragon and wyvern.
No news regarding kronosaurus?

I think its for later in the year? It's not up on Amazon yet.  I was surprised at the price on Amazon, some retailers have 35.00 or more for the Mosa and 60.00 on the dragons?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on July 07, 2023, 07:58:30 AMavatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon, do you happen to have the McFarlane Horntail for a comparison?

Here are some pics I posted on FB :

SpartanSquat

Paleofiguras posted some new papo krono pics comparing with papo mosa and pnso krono
Kronosaurus
Size: 18cm L (24.5cm. curvature) x 10cm. w x 9cm. h.
Scale: 1:40

The size is similar to the sea dragon and mosa.

Prehistory Resurrection

In hand images of the Kronosaurus.

Carnoking

Now that's the Papo I know and love.

Pliosaurking

Well it's nice to see Papo still got it, hopefully they make more figures of this quality going forward.

Saarlooswolfhound

THAT is a great looking marine reptile. Thank you for sharing him!

Lynx

Hoping for some more figures by this sculptor next year!
An oversized house cat.

SpartanSquat

With the dragons and the marine reptiles, papo for me comeback like past years. I really miss these 2 years going to buy the annual papos.

Flaffy

Any comments on the Papo Kronosaurus's anatomy? avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on July 16, 2023, 01:02:39 AMAny comments on the Papo Kronosaurus's anatomy? avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum

Seems unconventional, but impossible I'm not sure.

stargatedalek

It has the same issues the PNSO one has, as the PNSO one is not accurate either. The teeth should be aligned vertically, not splayed out, and should therefore be covered by lips. Though the Papo gets the tail fluke in the right orientation which the PNSO does not.

For anything more detailed (flipper anatomy, proportions, skin texture), I differ to our resident expect.

japfeif

Very nice pics! So is the Papo Kronosaurus available to the public yet?

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: