News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, November 09, 2022, 01:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanSquat

French reviews of Papo Mosasaurus
And for the interested the dragons.
NGL the dragons are dope. If the dinosaurs will have articulations like dragons, then I would love it!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the horntail dragon a lot..not sure on the water dragon though..too many Spinosaurus vibes..

DragonRider02

I am really impressed with the paint quality, sculpt and design of the Air Dragon. It's so lifelike, as if it stepped right out of high-budget live-action fantasy film. And I definitely didn't expect it to be fully articulated! It's infinitely more impressive than McFarlane's newly resurrected Dragons line.

Shadowknight1

As a dragon fan who has avoided Papo's previous efforts as they seemed more like Schleich style products than the two Schleich dragons I own, that air dragon is such a shock to me.  And even though it's not for me, the water dragon is also pretty impressive.  The air dragon and the Mosasaur are pretty much must buys for me if I can find them.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

DinoFan2010

It's hilarious how Papo is getting more praise for their dragons than their dinosaurs this year, especially when papo used to be the king of realistic dinosaur toys.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Flaffy

The dragons makes the dinosaurs look cheap by comparison.

suspsy

I would have been totally psyched about that Mosasaurus if only it had come out a decade ago.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PrimevalRaptor

That air dragon is stunning (glad I'm not the only one who thought of the Horntail) the articulation is incredible, the water one is also neat but I agree it feels a bit too similar to their Spinosaurus in some regards, would have preferred a proper sea serpent.
The Mosasaurus is also really nice in hand even if the angle of the tail looks a bit odd from some angles, would definitely pick that up depending on the price.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on March 20, 2023, 02:23:56 PMThat air dragon is stunning (glad I'm not the only one who thought of the Horntail) the articulation is incredible, the water one is also neat but I agree it feels a bit too similar to their Spinosaurus in some regards, would have preferred a proper sea serpent.
The Mosasaurus is also really nice in hand even if the angle of the tail looks a bit odd from some angles, would definitely pick that up depending on the price.

A really nice sea serpent would have been fantastic. As long as it didn't end up like that Basilisk? I think that's what that stick is?

Thialfi

Quote from: suspsy on March 20, 2023, 01:32:28 PMI would have been totally psyched about that Mosasaurus if only it had come out a decade ago.
Yeah same. Perhaps even less than a decade ago, and while it's still a well made figure with good detail, it just takes too many creative liberties for my liking. Kids will absolutely love it though, I'm sure.

Mattyonyx

As I predicted, the Sea Dragon is my personal favorite. Basically, It's the answer to "What if Spinosaurus was a dragon?", and the head reminds me of Dragon Maleficent and Singe from Dragon's Lair.

The Mosasaurus looks like a good compromise between scientific accuracy and artistic license, as we usually expect from Papo.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Prehistory Resurrection

oscars_dinos

so this might not be the place to be asking this but I have some old Papos for sale... I figured I should shout this out here seeing as some collectors might want some, if anyone is curious feel free to ask

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: imnewhere on April 08, 2023, 01:43:32 AMso this might not be the place to be asking this but I have some old Papos for sale... I figured I should shout this out here seeing as some collectors might want some, if anyone is curious feel free to ask
That would ho in the classifieds category,  this is only for papo news.

Flaffy

Pictures of the Kronosaurus along with samples of other 2023 products (both new and re-releases) can be seen here @ London Olympia Toy Fair January 2023. Huge thanks to @Numa from the STS Forum for taking & sharing these pics!

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t24593-photos-papo-london-olympia-toy-fair-january-2023

Thialfi

Papo is also releasing a Nautilus this year, which could be a pretty solid looking option of you're looking to flesh out your underwater collection a bit.

I have also asked them if there is any differences between the Woolly Rhino released this year and the 2016 one.

Flaffy

Quote from: Thialfi on May 31, 2023, 01:12:49 AMPapo is also releasing a Nautilus this year, which could be a pretty solid looking option of you're looking to flesh out your underwater collection a bit.

Wonder how it compares with CollectA's version. Was a bit disappointed that the prototype wasn't shown at the 2023 London Toy Fair.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Flaffy on May 11, 2023, 06:00:29 AMPictures of the Kronosaurus along with samples of other 2023 products (both new and re-releases) can be seen here @ London Olympia Toy Fair January 2023. Huge thanks to @Numa from the STS Forum for taking & sharing these pics!

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t24593-photos-papo-london-olympia-toy-fair-january-2023
You have pics of the krono?. I cant see it

BlueKrono

avatar_SpartanSquat @SpartanSquat I couldn't either until I logged in. You have to be registered on the STS.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: