News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: SidB on July 17, 2023, 03:38:26 PMSplendid stegosaurid imagery, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian . That's what I'd want to do if I had any photographic ability. It's wonderful that you have consistently provided the DTF community with this treasury of pictures over the years.
Dito.

Libraraptor

This thread really is a dray horse of this forum. 8)

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments! Always nice to get some positive feedback from great people.

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 17, 2023, 10:03:05 PMThis thread really is a dray horse of this forum. 8)

Like the old plough horse from "Animal Farm" ..... I can't stop!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

~ •   HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Edmontonia  • ~

"Not sure about these mushrooms"

standing on Battat's version from 1996

PNSO No.31 Borealopelta   •   Vitae Zhejiangosaurus   •   HAOLONGGOOD Edmontonia   •   Wild Safari Sauropelta

•    Back protectors of Nodosauridae    •

TooOldForDinosaurs

Nice acquisition and nice shots! A long overdue update for the dinosaur toy world. But it can't compete with the charm of Battats version imo :) 

Libraraptor

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on July 20, 2023, 09:44:05 PMNice acquisition and nice shots! A long overdue update for the dinosaur toy world. But it can't compete with the charm of Battats version imo :) 

Hard to believe the Battats are nearly 30 years old by now.

ceratopsian

It's a beautiful release - makes me smile every time I look at it. Please tell yours not to eat those mushrooms!

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

~ •   HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Pachyrhinosaurus  • ~

KeU

Awesome pictures.
The shot with the Pentaceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus, and Nasutoceratops really made me appreciate how HLG has been refining the skin integument of their figures after every release.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comment!

:)

~ •    CollectA 1:20  Koolasuchus cleelandi    • ~
                                                                            originally sculpted by Matthias Geiger

The largest amphibians of today look rather small, next to this Cretaceous giant

v    next to Dan's Dinosaurs' figure from 2014    v

I like the head sculpting    ^  Cute   &   Frightening  v

Poor Australian lungfish (from Colorata's Fossil Fish box) - wrong time, wrong place.
      Neoceratodus forsteri seems to have changed little in over 100 million years and might actually have been the prey.

ceratopsian

The fish is the finishing touch to a good model.

Saarlooswolfhound

Simply stunning... great work!

Pliosaurking

That looks beautiful, fantastic job!

postsaurischian

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.72
                                                                               ~ •   Albertosaurus  • ~

As pretty much anyone here Albertosaurus assumes that HAOLONGGOOD's Edmontonia is exceptionally yummy!

Bread

I don't care what others say regarding the Albertosaurus head sculpt, that figure is simply fluid and dynamic looking. Nearly lifelike!

Great photos as usual; and Rebor's base looks great with him as well.

ceratopsian

I like the photo with the silly selfie taker. Neatly done!

postsaurischian

^-^

~ •   HAOLONGGOOD  1:35  Dacentrurus  • ~

other late Jurassic stegosaurids from a similar age ~ PNSO Miragaia and CollectA Kentrosaurus

other Dacentrurus figures ~ CollectA and Battat

KeU

Congrats on the numerous additions.
Especially on the Koolasuchus.
That is a gem.

Didn't mention previously, I really like the different height bases you used for the PNSO Tyrannosaurus and Therizinosaurus shot. Where did you get those?

postsaurischian

Quote from: KeU on September 01, 2023, 06:15:30 PMDidn't mention previously, I really like the different height bases you used for the PNSO Tyrannosaurus and Therizinosaurus shot. Where did you get those?

avatar_KeU @KeU: Both were made by Martin Garratt.

postsaurischian

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.74
                                                                                ~ •   Megalosaurus  • ~

v      2023 ~ 1974  :  next to Invicta's classic figure      v

v      next to its bigger cousin ~ PNSO No.48 Torvosaurus      v

v      Photo taken at The Aathal Museum in Zürich / Switzerland     v

SidB

Visually walking through these pages is a refreshing experience and rejuvenates my delight in the figures that populate the hobby of dinosaur collecting. Especially after enduring the excessive negativity without balancing qualification that acts as an acid wash on some of the threads. avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian 's beautiful images serve as a reminder not to lose sight of the wonder and splendor of these creatures that the paleoartists to whom we owe so much try to capture, which is never a simple task, certainly in this day of increased knowledge and valid scrutiny.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: