News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

I am really liking this one. The pose and colors, calm and somewhat vibrant.

Definitely a solid Gorgosaurus.

Now, I wonder if both this and the Albertosaurus could be painted up to match colorschemes and considered to be one genus out of the two. I think they would make a wonderful duo for display. Especially with the Haolonggood Pachyrhinosaurus.

JohannesB

I would have liked it if at least one of all these Tyrannosaur figures that came after T. rex would be of a sitting animal. As is, I don't think I will acquire any of them, although I might still get the Albertosaurus.

Thialfi

A great looking figure no doubt, but I still don't understand why PNSO releases so many similar figures in such short succession, thus creating a bit of burnout. I mean, for me it would work a lot better if they'd mix up species and use the element of surprise to their advantage. I feel it would create a much bigger momentum and hype for a figure as well.

Still, objectively it's a fine model. I like the pose, the colors and it might very well be the best non-articulated Gorgosaurus made to date.

bmathison1972

I would love to have a Gorgosaurus figure, if for no other reason it reminds me of one of my favorite childhood kaiju films Gorgo.

But alas for now, I'll holdout hope for now an updated Safari version, or maybe CollectA...

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on July 26, 2023, 01:11:23 PMGorgosaurus

Had a feeling something was gonna be announced soon, just not sure what - now I know.

Wish it were more similar to the artwork, but at least there's a difference in the striping...? Pose is cool though, an interesting expression of its emotions. Will wait for what else PNSO has in store.

Edit: Is that a new style of support stand in the top left image?

thomasw100

Nice Gorgosaurus figure, I expect the same quality as the other 7 theropods that were released this year. But now it is really high time that collectors of herbivores will get something. Will PNSO now release a stream of other clades in the same way as they did for the theropods?

Jose S.M.

I like this one better than the Albertosaurus. It has a bit of crazy eyes but it looks less gnarly in the face than the Albertosaurus.

Carnoking

Between the pose and the stripes, it reminds me of the infant rexes in Prehistoric Planet as they step on turtles on the beach.
I will say that I have been enjoying the unique poses of the last few tyrannosaurs from PNSO, although I am disappointed to see it's brown with brown stripes once again. Still, the head sculpt is more appealing to me than the Albertosaurus and I'll probably be picking this guy up at some point.

Lynx

If this had the color palette and feathering from the actual art, this figure would be so much better.
An oversized house cat.

Faelrin

Now this one I really like (typical lack of lips aside). Glad it is finally here. The pose is going to go so nicely with the Styracosaurus figures out there, and maybe others like hadrosaurids.

The coloration feels refreshing. Sure it is almost the same as the Daspletosaurus as far as the tan and brown stripes goes, but the bright red crests, and blue or pale grey color on the face help make it pop a bit more. I think it will contrast and display very nicely with the Safari Ltd Styracosaurus for example.

Now after this one releases I hope they do something different for a change. Even if they wanted to stick to only theropods, there are other groups they've neglected (like abelisaurids, dromaeosaurids,  oviraptorosaurs, etc).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

I can't remember, were there two more rumored tyrannosaurs? I know bistahieversor was a possibility but for some reason I thought there was another.

Pliosaurking

I'm quite fond of this Gorgosaurus, and will be grabbing one once it's available at some point.

Sim

Quote from: Lynx on July 26, 2023, 03:36:44 PMIf this had the color palette and feathering from the actual art, this figure would be so much better.
I don't agree, I prefer the figure in those areas.

Quote from: Carnoking on July 26, 2023, 03:54:21 PMI can't remember, were there two more rumored tyrannosaurs? I know bistahieversor was a possibility but for some reason I thought there was another.
No, it's just Bistahieversor.

Skorpio V.

WHOAA!! LOVEEEEE the striping on Tristan and the red on the crests contrasts with the cooler tones on the rest of the head so well!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Sim

I wasn't sure about it at first, but I like this Gorgosaurus now!  It's the most exciting release from PNSO this year, for me.  The Lythronax, Daspletosaurus and Albertosaurus were not interesting to me due to other good versions existing.  Gorgosaurus doesn't have that so I find it an interesting choice.  The same will apply to Bistahieversor is PNSO releases it too.

ceratopsian

I find this Gorgosaurus quite appealing. Something about the "Have I just tripped over my dinner?" pose. It might well be the first of the tyrannosaur sequence I succumb to.

Antey

Haven't commented on this thread for a long time. I was an ardent fan of the PNSO. But for the last couple of years, I don't understand what's going on with her. The impression that someone deliberately harms the company. Each model has a bright flaw. Head of "Iguanodon", body and teeth of Daspletosaurus. In each case, intentional misrepresentation.

suspsy

Tristan is easily superior to the Papo Gorgosaurus, but I'm going to keep holding out for one from CollectA or PNSO. It'll be cheaper, it'll have lips, and it'll have more attractive colours.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Antey

At the same time, the price is high, and the quality of the "reconstruction" is at the level of a cheap toy. I really wanted a Daspletosaurus model. But what the PNSO did is terrible!!! Is it really possible to work like this in big business? The sculptor is mediocre, the one who gave the task and accepted the work was clearly an outsider. But this is a big and professional business. The world is heading for the abyss. PNSO won't get another penny from me!

Faelrin

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Did you mean like Safari Ltd or from another brand? Cause you said PNSO, but this one is from PNSO. Like I'm guessing that was a typo?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: