News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

In hand photos of Dacentrurus:

In the second image, from back to front, custom PNSO Stegosaurus 2.0, green variant of Dacentrurus, custom Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus, and custom Kentrosaurus (unknown brand, I assume it's 3D printed).

This is easily one of my favorite Haolonggood models.

Just noting on how well Haolonggood models sit amongst customs. Their quality in paint applications truly match those who hand paint their models or purchase repaints. That is one of the reasons I will continue to support this brand. Bravo as usual V @vampiredesign!

Edit: In the 3rd image, the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus is present to the far right. I also feel like this model really sits well among the customs and Haolonggood, but this is the time of PNSO's best in my opinion, which nowadays their paint applications are subpar compared to what they used to be.

Sim

avatar_Bread @Bread, the Kentrosaurus is a customised CollectA figure, this is the original: https://dinotoyblog.com/kentrosaurus-collecta/

Bread

Quote from: Sim on August 04, 2023, 03:28:23 PMavatar_Bread @Bread, the Kentrosaurus is a customised CollectA figure, this is the original: https://dinotoyblog.com/kentrosaurus-collecta/
Thank you Sim!

I had no clue this figure existed. Plus at 1:40 scale? Surprised to say the least.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Bread on August 04, 2023, 02:33:28 PMIn hand photos of Dacentrurus:

In the second image, from back to front, custom PNSO Stegosaurus 2.0, green variant of Dacentrurus, custom Haolonggood Wuerhosaurus, and custom Kentrosaurus (unknown brand, I assume it's 3D printed).

Just noting on how well Haolonggood models sit amongst customs. Their quality in paint applications truly match those who hand paint their models or purchase repaints. That is one of the reasons I will continue to support this brand. Bravo as usual V @vampiredesign!

Edit: In the 3rd image, the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus is present to the far right. I also feel like this model really sits well among the customs and Haolonggood, but this is the time of PNSO's best in my opinion, which nowadays their paint applications are subpar compared to what they used to be.

These images make me so happy... These guys really do look gorgeous together, and I have to agree with your thought, avatar_Bread @Bread, that the Dacentrurus fits in so well with this custom collection.

PNSO's Biber is my favourite figure in my collection (and fav species), and it's always a joy seeing it in comparison photos, much less amongst other stegosaurids.

I also really like the human figure for comparison, especially if in (rough) scale. This one is well painted too.

That Kentro really is tiny!

Concavenator

V @vampiredesign It's you who we should thank!  ;) Thank you for your dedication, your aim to improve and for the attention you pay to us fans. Very much looking forward to forthcoming surprises.

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 17, 2023, 08:44:38 PMWhat was the source of the rumor that they would be making a megaraptoran? There doesn't seem to be any concrete indication of that so far.

Well, looks like those rumours might be right after all!

avatar_Sim @Sim I asked Paleofiguras and they told me it hasn't been confirmed it's specifically Megaraptor itself - just a member of Megaraptoridae. Personally, I think chances are 50 % Megaraptor and 50 % Maip. I certainly hope it is the former, though. We have already got figures of Australovenator (AAoD), Maip (Kaiyodo), Orkoraptor (DinoZoo) and Fukuiraptor (CollectA, etc.), but not Megaraptor itself! Hope Haolonggood fixes this. I have wanted to get a good Megaraptor for my collection since forever.

In any case, megaraptorans are so poorly known that reconstructions of different taxa within the clade would look like clones, basically, mainly based on Megaraptor thanks to the partial snout (though it belonged to a juvenile and so shouldn't necessarily be representative of what the adult looked like). But saying Megaraptor has "decent remains" is still a big stretch in my opinion.

However, if figures of fragmentary stegosaurs, tyrannosauroids, spinosaurids, hadrosaurids, etc are being released, I think a good figure of a megaraptorid, as something more unique, would be relatively welcome (as long as we don't get a barrage of them). But yeah, multiple other taxa with way better remains (and more requested) are still awaiting their turn.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Yeah, there are a bit more of Megaraptor namunhuaiquii remains, though not much. This is the only rigorous skeletal that I've found:

Can't find the author. It must be old (notice the pronated hands). We have no clue what an adult megaraptorid skull looked like.

Quote from: Flaffy on August 03, 2023, 09:39:47 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on August 03, 2023, 08:40:31 PMand the large claw appears to be too small? In any case though, it's nice to see any megaraptoran getting some representation, even if the above holds true (I mean the heavy extrapolation, and speculation)

The claws look too short to me too. The keratin sheath overlying the bony core would've lengthened the claws significantly in life. Will wait for better pics before judging further. The rest of the sculpt looks good so far, though I personally would've preferred a bit of feathering.

^ This exactly. Yeah, feathering it would make sense, considering the proposed status of megaraptorans as a basal tyrannosauroids according to Naish & Cau 2022 and Novas et al. 2014. As avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin pointed out too, I hope the shrink-wrapping on the skull gets corrected, too.

Joel1905

Quote from: Bread on August 04, 2023, 02:33:28 PMIn hand photos of Dacentrurus:

Anyone know where the human figure is from? I'm trying to source as many 1:35 human figures for scale reasons as possible.

Nyrorosaurus

Quote from: Joel1905 on August 06, 2023, 11:48:00 AMAnyone know where the human figure is from? I'm trying to source as many 1:35 human figures for scale reasons as possible.
I think it's a 3d-printed figure of the Rock's character in the Jumanji movies: https://www.printables.com/model/32751-dr-smolder-bravestone-dwayne-johnson

thomasw100

Quote from: quiversaurus on August 03, 2023, 06:03:20 PMT @thomasw100 Man that is so cool, thank you for the recommendation! I might actually consider getting this. Please share pictures once you have your Kentro in hand!

Forgot to say: I compared that Kentrosaurus model with the skeletal reconstruction of Scott Hartman and the number and size of plates and spikes seems to match quite well.

Bread

I figured I'd share these here.

Some of V @vampiredesign old collection pictures. I found this under his flicker account in which he post pictures of the new Haolonggood models.

As you can see, he seems to be a herbivore fan. Plus the quality amongst these repaints are above excellency. Super happy to see this member's dedication to the community, and his passion for high quality models continue to grow.

Just a disclaimer: These are old photos. The models here are a majority of repaints. Not reveals. The Edmontosaurus shown with the other hadrosaurs seems to be a model kit or 3D printed. I am curious though where he got this one from.

Concavenator

Those are stunningly painted! No wonder Haolonggood figures' paint app quality is so high.

And hmmm... I'm spying a Kentrosaurus over the thyreophorans... it doesn't seem to be at 1/35 scale, but who cares...  ::)

SidB

This continues to bode well for the future, over against the decline of Schleich, Papo and even Safari, with all of its retirements, especially of ornithischians.

Skorpio V.

Quote from: Concavenator on August 09, 2023, 03:45:44 PMAnd hmmm... I'm spying a Kentrosaurus over the thyreophorans... it doesn't seem to be at 1/35 scale, but who cares...  ::)

I think you're looking at his repaint of the Battat Dacentrurus?

Here's the full image from their flickr
微信图片_20210323094802 by yu lang, on Flickr
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Skorpio V. on August 09, 2023, 07:55:15 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on August 09, 2023, 03:45:44 PMAnd hmmm... I'm spying a Kentrosaurus over the thyreophorans... it doesn't seem to be at 1/35 scale, but who cares...  ::)

I think you're looking at his repaint of the Battat Dacentrurus?

Here's the full image from their flickr
微信图片_20210323094802 by yu lang, on Flickr
I went for a quick glimpse on his work and wooow! Ever since his early repaints  he has done an outstanding job! Some scenes are gorgeous and colour wise.  ;D
Really looking forward to seeing more HGs ornithischians  :)

Concavenator

avatar_Skorpio V. @Skorpio V. Yeah, I think you're right. My mistake.

Prehistory Resurrection

Faelrin

Otodus megalodon is on the amazon store now:

https://www.amazon.com/HAOLONGGOOD-Otodus-Megalodon/dp/B0CF2LLT9Y

I think the name is Lijun? Not sure. It showed up in this image:

Anyways here's some more pics:

Spoiler

[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Their Dacentrurus is my favorite tied with their old Carcharodontosaurus.
It is much better than their wuerhosaurus, and it seems like a competitor against PNSO's stegosaurs, which I also want now as well. Especially the mini club on the tail, I already speculated spikes on the plates but not that, it's awesomebro without being awesomebro if you know what I mean.
The colours could be a tad bit better thoigh.

Maybe I should get more stegosaurs and sauropods.

ALSO, 3 questions
1. How do we know if Dacentrurus has side spikes
2.How did Stegosaurus lose them.
3.(Maybe this is a dumb question, maybe I am not thinking through tonight)
Could side spikes be an indication of sixual dimorphism, since we only find it on some specimens and absent on others.
(Dacentrurus is speculated to have a side side, miragaia is not, miragaia is closest to Dacentrurus, so it seems a bit odd to me that Stegosaurs lost such a big feature multiple times over a quick span of time.)

Leyster

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 There is, in fact, no proof of it having a shoulder spike at all. Or not having it, but it ends often as sister taxon of Miragaia, which does not have shoulder spikes. About it being sexual dimorphism, there is no proof of it either, and no north american stegosaur has shoulder spikes with the exception of the poorly known Stegosaurus sulcatus (which might not be a Stegosaurus at all). It should be noted that determining the position of a spike is not easy, as seen with the shoulder/hip Kentrosaurus debate.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Nyrorosaurus

Weird that there hasn't been a single promo picture of the Megalodon figure with its (presumably) articulated jaw closed

SidB

Quote from: Leyster on August 11, 2023, 09:10:11 AMavatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 There is, in fact, no proof of it having a shoulder spike at all. Or not having it, but it ends often as sister taxon of Miragaia, which does not have shoulder spikes. About it being sexual dimorphism, there is no proof of it either, and no north american stegosaur has shoulder spikes with the exception of the poorly known Stegosaurus sulcatus (which might not be a Stegosaurus at all). It should be noted that determining the position of a spike is not easy, as seen with the shoulder/hip Kentrosaurus debate.

To comment on this, after I had acquired the Battat Dacentrurus (with two shoulder spikes), I later got another at a local thrift shop. With that one, I carefully removed the two spikes and restored the respective excised areas. Sort of to have my cake and to eat it too, I suppose.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: