News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonRider02

Quote from: thomasw100 on August 15, 2023, 05:17:46 PM
Quote from: DragonRider02 on August 15, 2023, 04:18:25 PMDoes this store ship abroad? I put few items to the basket and put Poland in addres section to see how much shipping would cost, but the only option that shows up is the free 'Pick up in Duvien' option.

The store should ship at least to any EU country. I am in Germany and have ordered a few times from them now. Have you created a customer account? Maybe this is required for international shipping.
I created an account and it still doesn't show any other shipping options. I tried putting other countries to see if anything changes, and it showed me free shipping via DHL for 80€+ orders for Germany and France, but for countries like Greece, Russia, Norway or even US-nothing, only that free self-pick-up. Very odd...

Concavenator

Quote from: quiversaurus on August 15, 2023, 04:26:58 PMis there a wishlist function on here haha)!

Not here on the forum, but on the dinotoycollector.com site there is. Highly recommendeded site, very helpful for keeping track of your collection too, if that interest you.  :)

Fenestra

Quote from: DragonRider02 on August 15, 2023, 05:53:53 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on August 15, 2023, 05:17:46 PM
Quote from: DragonRider02 on August 15, 2023, 04:18:25 PMDoes this store ship abroad? I put few items to the basket and put Poland in addres section to see how much shipping would cost, but the only option that shows up is the free 'Pick up in Duvien' option.

The store should ship at least to any EU country. I am in Germany and have ordered a few times from them now. Have you created a customer account? Maybe this is required for international shipping.
I created an account and it still doesn't show any other shipping options. I tried putting other countries to see if anything changes, and it showed me free shipping via DHL for 80€+ orders for Germany and France, but for countries like Greece, Russia, Norway or even US-nothing, only that free self-pick-up. Very odd...

I've checked the site and it says that if you are from another country, you can contact them and tell them what you want to order, so they can calculate the shipping costs for you. Shipping costs for other countries can differ a lot these days.

ceratopsian

A snap of my newly arrived Dacentrurus pair - more shots in my own thread.

bmathison1972

Nice, ceratopsian! Mine is bouncing around the US somewhere; should have it soon!

Stegotyranno420

This is Haolonggood's best figure aside from the Carcharodontosaurus. It looks very much like PNSO. Congrats to all acquisitions of it.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Keeping up the hype with further releases by exploring YT channels on paleontology (I'm only an enthusiast), I came across a "TREY the Explainer" video regarding the "Dakota" E. Annectens specimen and his speculative colouration (as HG's Instagram said an Edmontosaurus model is on the works) on an undisclosed specimen and would like an opinion on it being a base-like pattern for the upcoming figures from this species is too much. What do you think? (I'm obviously too hyped for it haha)

As far as I know, the most up-to-date scientific accurate figure is from Ancestors (which I sadly miss) and CollectA (hooves included). This Dacentrurus rises my hope on the quality Haolonggood is acheiving in such a short term.
I know that it may be just a nerdy dream-suggestion, but I would like a far more educated opinion on it, if you please  :)
Thanks in advance!

Bread

Quote from: TlatolophusJuanorum on August 17, 2023, 04:47:21 AMKeeping up the hype with further releases by exploring YT channels on paleontology (I'm only an enthusiast), I came across a "TREY the Explainer" video regarding the "Dakota" E. Annectens specimen and his speculative colouration (as HG's Instagram said an Edmontosaurus model is on the works) on an undisclosed specimen and would like an opinion on it being a base-like pattern for the upcoming figures from this species is too much. What do you think? (I'm obviously too hyped for it haha)

As far as I know, the most up-to-date scientific accurate figure is from Ancestors (which I sadly miss) and CollectA (hooves included). This Dacentrurus rises my hope on the quality Haolonggood is acheiving in such a short term.
I know that it may be just a nerdy dream-suggestion, but I would like a far more educated opinion on it, if you please  :)
Thanks in advance!

I would really hope for this kind of reconstruction. Though I wouldn't mind Haolonggood's take as long as it has hooves and matches the build of Edmontosaurus.

How accurate is the Edmontosaurus coloration that avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum posted above? Anyone with more expertise care to weigh in?

Zephyr2007

Are you sure this is in reference to the actual coloration or a way of highlighting the distribution of pattern? I think the pattern is very believable but the coloration is nonsensical. Such a neon color display would rival even the most colorful bird families (tanagers, hummingbirds, toucans, etc).

I work as a birdwatching guide for international tours. Coloration of bird species tends to follow gradients, with bird families often sharing very similar color palettes within their groupings. Tyrant flycatchers tend to use a lot of olive and yellow(ish), American warblers tend to share a lot of yellow, woodpeckers tend towards black and white (often evolving this color scheme independently across the globe), etc. A large percentage of birds are predominantly gray or brown, even among smaller songbird families. There is also a good correlation between body size and coloration. Larger birds tend to be less colorful (pelicans, cormorants, raptors) than smaller ones. The Southern Cassowary is very colorful around the neck and face, but this is a stellar exception among the ratites.

What were dinosaurs like? Who knows, but if we use birds as a template, various dinosaur families probably repeated similar color schemes within their respective families, because it made evolutionary sense. These patterns often evolve and repeat independently (there are many birds with similar ecological niches in unrelated families that evolve the same color pattern). Maybe some dinosaurs were like herons, waterfowl, or even many migratory songbirds, where males become more brightly colored for a few months out of the year before fading back to more subtle tones. Although it does not make for exciting dinosaur models, I suspect there was a whole lot of gray and brown just like birds, too.

Carlos

Leyster

avatar_Bread @Bread that's not a colouration chart, it's just to show the different scale types.

Also avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum the Collecta model has its issues, such as the pronantion of the hand to the forelimb. As for any dinosaur except for sauropods, the hands should face inward (upper is wrong, lower is right).

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Faelrin

L @Leyster I knew this was the case for Iguanodon and ceratopsians, but wasn't sure if this was the case for hadrosaurs as well. I appreciate you pointing this out.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

TlatolophusJuanorum

I'm sorry for the confusion Z @Zephyr2007 , I misinterpreted the information I saw.
L @Leyster thanks for the correction! I didn't knew about pronation in these groups.  :))
I appreciate your comments on this, I guess I went down the "literal YT" slide. I'll be looking for better references from now on.

Bread

Thank you L @Leyster for the correction. I knew that it was not the coloration chart for the genus but more so the pattern. I should have stated that originally. But thanks again for the fix!

ceratopsian

I see from Paleofiguras that another unique paint version has gone up on amazon.com, this time of the Pachyrhinosaurus:

I can see it on amazon by putting in a US zip, but can't buy it.

https://www.amazon.com/HAOLONGGOOD-Style-of-artist%EF%BC%9APachyrhinosaurus/dp/B0CFJHBFNC/ref=sr_1_37?crid=2I42YHE1HLC05&keywords=haolonggood&qid=1692293347&refresh=1&sprefix=haolonggood+designer%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-37

thomasw100

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 17, 2023, 06:34:35 PMI see from Paleofiguras that another unique paint version has gone up on amazon.com, this time of the Pachyrhinosaurus:

I can see it on amazon by putting in a US zip, but can't buy it.

https://www.amazon.com/HAOLONGGOOD-Style-of-artist%EF%BC%9APachyrhinosaurus/dp/B0CFJHBFNC/ref=sr_1_37?crid=2I42YHE1HLC05&keywords=haolonggood&qid=1692293347&refresh=1&sprefix=haolonggood+designer%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-37

Too bad that they do not ship to Europe. On the other hand, anther good opportunity for getting a repaint from one of the excellent painting artists within Europe or elsewhere.

Faelrin

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thanks for the heads up on that. There's a new Pentaceratops as well. Pics of both below:

Pachyrhinosaurus:

QuoteThe color design of the Pachyrhinosaurus comes from Chinese designer Mr. Lang Yu, who has a unique understanding of color!
Mr. Lang Yu is a senior dinosaur enthusiast, collected a lot of dinosaurs, for dinosaurs, he has a very deep understanding!
This color comes from the designer's hand spray design, the whole color from the designer's inspiration and cognition! Is the only one color!

Spoiler

[close]
Pentaceratops:

QuoteThe color design of the Pentaceratops comes from Chinese designer Mr. Lang Yu, who has a unique understanding of color!
Mr. Lang Yu is a senior dinosaur enthusiast, collected a lot of dinosaurs, for dinosaurs, he has a very deep understanding!
This color comes from the designer's hand spray design, the whole color from the designer's inspiration and cognition! Is the only one color!

Spoiler

[close]

Edit: Were the crocodile like osteoderms on the Pentaceratops there on the original versions as well?

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin. I hadn't seen the Pentaceratops custom paint. Like that one very much! And yes, the factory version has those prominent scutes.

T @thomasw100 - I could indeed get Martin or Ben to do a repaint. But I quite like the idea of having something painted personally by Lang Yu, V @vampiredesign!

Sim

I thought these repaints have the colouration designed by Mr. Lang Yu, but a factory produces them?  Is that incorrect?  Is there only one unit of these produced?  I like the Pachyrhinosaurus, it looks better without the horizontal pupils if you ask me.

ceratopsian

My understanding is that these are one-offs, personally painted by Mr Lang Yu, avatar_Sim @Sim.  The model that is painted is the factory normal production (presumably left unpainted for Mr Lang Yu to transform).  But I'm open to correction!

Quote from: Sim on August 17, 2023, 09:18:28 PMI thought these repaints have the colouration designed by Mr. Lang Yu, but a factory produces them?  Is that incorrect?  Is there only one unit of these produced?  I like the Pachyrhinosaurus, it looks better without the horizontal pupils if you ask me.

Faelrin

In case anyone missed them, here was the Nasutoceratops, Quetzalcoatlus, and Therizinosaurus that were also like this:

I don't know if there have been any others. These were the ones I've seen so far. I take a peek there every so often since they don't last for long once they do pop up.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: