You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I'm new - where do small, single color dinosaur toys go?

Started by Fossilized-Rubber, August 24, 2023, 01:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fossilized-Rubber

Hello! As in the title, I'm new. I collect small, rubber, single-color weird things like Diener, Marx and Tim mee toys.

Is there a specific place to post them? How do I play by the forum rules nicely so I'm not immediately booted out?

I'm 50% sure even this post isn't in the right topic.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

-FR
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

Bread

I am not staff, but I think this post was placed in the correct category as just "General"

Also, if you'd like to post your collection, do so here:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0

Welcome to the forum! Hope this helps.

DinoFan2010

Welcome to the forum! I think the best thing is to create your own collection thread.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Fossilized-Rubber

Thanks avatar_DinoFan2010 @DinoFan2010 and avatar_Bread @Bread! I painted myself a new forum avatar before I realised it's only 100x100px haha. Oh well.

Is there a way to find other people's collections which are just monocolor figs?

My collection is here

DinoToyForum

Fossilized-Rubber

Quote from: DinoToyForum on August 24, 2023, 03:29:49 PMWelcome to the forum!

Rules are here: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6.0
It's mostly common sense stuff. :)

Thank you! In case of uncertainty of the onboarding experience, I saw these rules when I made an account. I think I'll just need to lurk the forum some more to get a hang of the layout :D

Nice to see an active forum Administrator, that's usually a sign of a healthy forum. I'll endeavour to be a healthy forum user!

My collection is here

ceratopsian

Welcome!  Don't worry too much. We're a tolerant bunch and helpful. Being polite is the chief thing. I would certainly recommend starting your own collection thread. And just have a good browse through other people's threads. You'll soon get the hang of how things work and find other vintage collectors.

Fembrogon

Welcome to the forum! Everyone has their own preferences, but you'll find many of us (myself included) are fans of vintage figurines as well. We've even had many of them reviewed on the main Toy Blog!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Fembrogon on August 24, 2023, 04:42:06 PMWelcome to the forum! Everyone has their own preferences, but you'll find many of us (myself included) are fans of vintage figurines as well. We've even had many of them reviewed on the main Toy Blog!

Good point! We even have a monochrome category there: https://dinotoyblog.com/other-category/monochrome/

Fossilized-Rubber

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 24, 2023, 04:31:46 PMWelcome!  Don't worry too much. We're a tolerant bunch and helpful. Being polite is the chief thing. I would certainly recommend starting your own collection thread. And just have a good browse through other people's threads. You'll soon get the hang of how things work and find other vintage collectors.

Wow, thanks everyone. You're all so helpful!

I'll take some pictures and find a suitable image host for my collection :D

Quote from: DinoToyForum on August 24, 2023, 04:45:33 PM
Quote from: Fembrogon on August 24, 2023, 04:42:06 PMWelcome to the forum! Everyone has their own preferences, but you'll find many of us (myself included) are fans of vintage figurines as well. We've even had many of them reviewed on the main Toy Blog!

Good point! We even have a monochrome category there: https://dinotoyblog.com/other-category/monochrome/

You know, I think this may be how I ended up on the server when trying to identify a set of figs I'd bought.

My collection is here

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your colorful little guys. In addition to Fembrogon's collection thread, you might enjoy Libraraptor's, BlackDanter's, and Crackington's. There are surely some I'm forgetting, but that's a start for people who enjoy similar sorts of toys.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.