News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

Quote from: Over9K on August 11, 2023, 06:58:28 PM
Quote from: blnadal on August 11, 2023, 06:42:08 PMI'm not a fan of this way they're going..

Sounds like we're going to be seeing mammals more often from Nanmu.
I have no problem with mammals, but I was expecting Therizinosaurus and Pteranodon and now they're cancelled

Lynx

If it's not a 12th version of a Tyrannosaurus or Spinosaurus then it's not happening
An oversized house cat.

dragon53

Has it been confirmed Nanmu cancelled the Therizinosaurus?......If so, I guess I can give up on a Nanmu Dreadnoughtus.

Bread

Quote from: dragon53 on August 11, 2023, 08:29:01 PMHas it been confirmed Nanmu cancelled the Therizinosaurus?......If so, I guess I can give up on a Nanmu Dreadnoughtus.
I wouldn't expect it to be cancelled, but more so pushed aside for other pieces.

There's no way this line of prehistoric mammals is going to be successful for them. Sorry for the negativity, but I don't see a large market want for this. Of course smaller mammal pieces work, but I am expecting it to be more expensive piece than most would want to pay, etc.

Judging by everyone else's reaction, I feel like this will also be other's outside of the forum's reaction.

Carnoking

Fur and downy feathers seem adjacent. Developing their technique might help them nail down the theri sculpt.

Blade-of-the-Moon

No word from Nanmu directly that anything is canceled.

This ape isn't a portent of prehistoric mammals just a PJ Kong styled figure or statue to go with their Vastatosaurus I'm guessing?  Doesn't appeal to me so I won't be buying it but there area lot of Kong fans.

I'd rather dragons or something but oh well.  If they stick to releasing only one or two prehistorics a year I'll save money.

Ivántirrophus

I would prefer creatures from movie "65" made by Nanmu  :(

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Ivántirrophus on August 13, 2023, 01:31:53 AMI would prefer creatures from movie "65" made by Nanmu  :(
Why?

blnadal

Quote from: blnadal on August 11, 2023, 04:55:20 PMHello, fans, every week we will follow the usual practice to show you some work progress, in order to let you know the latest progress of the product.😊
In fact, some production knowledge has been updated in the process of making King Giant Apes, such as the production of hair, or the different texture between mammals and reptiles, which is very helpful for future work.
We seem to be more and more interested in active joints, and colleagues in the working group even wonder if we can bring fans active joint models like "Shadow Lord 2.0" or "Zilla" or even "T-REX" in the future.
Maybe, just maybe, everything will be more interesting.
PS:Please don't make a wish in the comments section.😅
 We would most like to discuss the current products. So that we can do our current work better.Thank you for your support and understanding.

Nanmu don't appreciate critics.. they deleted this post

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on August 14, 2023, 02:32:19 PM
Quote from: blnadal on August 11, 2023, 04:55:20 PMHello, fans, every week we will follow the usual practice to show you some work progress, in order to let you know the latest progress of the product.😊
In fact, some production knowledge has been updated in the process of making King Giant Apes, such as the production of hair, or the different texture between mammals and reptiles, which is very helpful for future work.
We seem to be more and more interested in active joints, and colleagues in the working group even wonder if we can bring fans active joint models like "Shadow Lord 2.0" or "Zilla" or even "T-REX" in the future.
 We would most like to discuss the current products. So that we can do our current work better.Thank you for your support and understanding.

Sounds like they want the customers to like what they make not what they have teased or "could" make. Good luck with that.  They have fans now, fans are always going to do a lot of blue sky dreaming.

thomasw100

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 15, 2023, 04:25:15 AM
Quote from: blnadal on August 14, 2023, 02:32:19 PM

Sounds like they want the customers to like what they make not what they have teased or "could" make. Good luck with that.  They have fans now, fans are always going to do a lot of blue sky dreaming.

Sounds like they are going down the path of Rebor now.

Carnoking

Some of their captions and replies to comments in the past have gotten an eyebrow raise out of me, but I always gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was a question of translation.
That said, I can certainly understand the source of their annoyance when sharing their work with the public only brings repeated requests for something else, nitpicks, or condemnation. Like trying to feed a very picky child.
Do I want a Kong figure? Not necessarily.
Do I want an articulated line? Not really.
Do I like them doing the Dragon Soul line at the same time as their standard line? Not especially.
Do I like buying the same animals over and over again because they're doing their 2.0 releases? Not particularly (even if I can be swayed on this front).
Do I wish they'd commit to the Therizinosaurus before doing all the above nonsense? Absolutely.
But at the end of the day, they're the artists behind the business and they're free to create whatever they're feeling inspired to make and whatever they feel will have the best sales for the company. It may not all be for me but I'm okay sitting back and waiting until something comes along that is.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I can understand. I'm sure it's very frustrating as they are trying to grow and branch out and answer all questions politely.  It's tough after awhile.

This is the first year I've skipped some Nanmu pieces, I just didn't need them. 

blnadal

blnadal

Carnoking

I hate to say it but she looks really good with that Giga...

Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex

Quote from: Bread on August 12, 2023, 12:36:07 AM
Quote from: dragon53 on August 11, 2023, 08:29:01 PMHas it been confirmed Nanmu cancelled the Therizinosaurus?......If so, I guess I can give up on a Nanmu Dreadnoughtus.
I wouldn't expect it to be cancelled, but more so pushed aside for other pieces.

There's no way this line of prehistoric mammals is going to be successful for them. Sorry for the negativity, but I don't see a large market want for this. Of course smaller mammal pieces work, but I am expecting it to be more expensive piece than most would want to pay, etc.

Judging by everyone else's reaction, I feel like this will also be other's outside of the forum's reaction.

Could not agree less, the opinions on the forum are always far more negative and critical than outside opinions haha. Of course not without reason, people on a dedicated dinosaur forum are obviously going to be more discerning than the general public.

I also definitely see a market for well produced mammal figures as seen by the success of the TNG mammal figures on aliexpress as well as the recent mojo releases (Many of those figures are sold out). There's definitely a lack of high quality representations of mammals in recent releases from major companies, so I would welcome Nanmu trying to fill that niche. I would love to see a more modern take on the ground sloths. I always support branching out and trying new species. If it's not a success it's okay they can continue with the JP dinosaurs.

Carnoking

I too would be glad to see a mammal line if only because it means I wouldn't have to worry about collecting them!

Bread

Quote from: Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex on August 27, 2023, 09:39:39 PMCould not agree less
That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and sharing them.

Quote from: Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex on August 27, 2023, 09:39:39 PMThe opinions on the forum are always far more negative and critical than outside opinions haha. Of course not without reason, people on a dedicated dinosaur forum are obviously going to be more discerning than the general public.
I disagree completely with this comment. Nanmu literally deleted their instagram and facebook post on this announcement of mammals due to the critical and negative opinions. Just here on the forum, there were maybe a handful or so, but not many. Generally this forum ignores Nanmu products because it's more JP/JW based. Of course there are those who don't like their products or market whatsoever, but as a result the members here generally ignore them.

Quote from: Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex on August 27, 2023, 09:39:39 PMI also definitely see a market for well produced mammal figures as seen by the success of the TNG mammal figures on aliexpress as well as the recent mojo releases (Many of those figures are sold out). There's definitely a lack of high quality representations of mammals in recent releases from major companies, so I would welcome Nanmu trying to fill that niche. I would love to see a more modern take on the ground sloths. I always support branching out and trying new species. If it's not a success it's okay they can continue with the JP dinosaurs.
Yes there is a market for prehistoric mammal figures. I've been tempted myself by TNG's products to acquire some. They're quite nice and appealing.

But I think we're getting our hopes up for Nanmu's "mammals" if we're being honest here.

A company that sells mainly JP/JW models to suddenly turn to prehistoric mammals seems out of line with their current fan-base. Not to mention, their Ultimate-saurus did not do so well. Negative comments, criticism, not even here on the dinosaur toy forum so much, but a majority was through their social media post(s). Plus, let's not forget, this was JP/JW based with a originality aspect of theirs added.

And they've tried to do prehistoric models not pop-culture based, but they switched to pop-culture after two original models were made. We can really assume they were driven by what sells in this market, but I can't blame them. They're a company after all and they need to make not only money, but profits. With this in mind, I wouldn't get your hopes up for actual prehistoric mammals.

Just to add, their original "prehistoric mammals" announcement was more so aimed at King Kong and other pop-cultured prehistoric mammals we've seen.

Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex

avatar_Bread @Bread wow after looking through instagram you're absolutely right, the comments on Nanmu posts are way more nasty than on here.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: