News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

V @vampiredesign as a bit of constructive criticism, I would like to point out that both the Wuerhosaurus and the Dacentrurus have inaccurate hands. As seen in Stegosaurus, only the two innermost digits should be clawed, which would extend to its relatives as well. Take a look at this diagram by Emily Stepp:

I wouldn't say this is so bad that you would necessarily need to correct future waves of these figures, the lack of the thumb claws on the Ouranosaurus was more egregious after all (but as we expressed before, you correcting it was a very praiseworthy decision on your part). But if there will be more Haolonggood stegosaurs in the future, the above diagram would come handy.  ;) Hope this helps!

avatar_Roar @Roar I think 2 color variants as usual, unless there's some change. I'm hyped for the Dilophosaurus, it's a very interesting theropod and we definitely needed figures that made it justice. I'm also looking forward to the Megaraptor. Of course, I remain curious about the next reveal/s too. Hopefully there will be more of those overdue species!

Prehistory Resurrection

Andy's Dinosaur Reviews' review of the Haolonggood Megalodon. After the review, there is also a comparison between Haolonggood's version and CollectA's, PNSO's and Papo's versions.

TlatolophusJuanorum

So they have finally arrived...
Here shall come the Dacentrurus!

The Dacentrurini family gathers

And so many of Stegosaurians :)

Eagerly waiting for the next herbivore!  ;D

Halichoeres

Since the Megaraptor was real, I hope that photo of the in-progress sauropod is also genuine.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Quiversaurus

Great photos and comparison shots avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum ! I especially like the one where Dacentrurus meets Miragaia.

Definitely looking forward to the next herbivore too, as you are.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 29, 2023, 02:17:17 AMSince the Megaraptor was real, I hope that photo of the in-progress sauropod is also genuine.

Same!

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Quiversaurus on August 29, 2023, 02:32:27 AMGreat photos and comparison shots avatar_TlatolophusJuanorum @TlatolophusJuanorum ! I especially like the one where Dacentrurus meets Miragaia.

Definitely looking forward to the next herbivore too, as you are.

Thanks for your kind words, each figure out in the wild gives a more life-like sense that I try to capture in the photos.
NGL, I'd rather wait a few theropods until my wallet heals a bit hehe but any surprise is highly welcome  ;D

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 29, 2023, 02:17:17 AMSince the Megaraptor was real, I hope that photo of the in-progress sauropod is also genuine.
I'm hoping Chasmosaurus belli is coming from Haolonggood, following its skeleton being shown by them!

Concavenator

V @vampiredesign as another suggestion, I think it would be a good idea to include a clear acrylic stand/rod with future Haolonggood theropods (and other bipedal animals). I talked about its advantages in this post:

Quote from: Concavenator on June 01, 2023, 07:50:08 PMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres According to Paleofiguras, yes. I agree, I wish more companies included this sort of rod with their figures, like PNSO does. They're less obstrusive than bases are, and do their job as fine. And certainly it's better than not including anything, when it comes to securing a figure's stability. I imagine they're also cheap to produce. I think it's all pros about those.

vampiredesign

We won't make the bracket, you can see that our model legs are separate parts and molds. Will not fall down due to high temperature. We would rather give up some postures here, and each product will be tested for stability. If the product is squeezed inside the box, only hot water and a hair dryer need to be heated and adjusted to stand stably.
 Not soft feet is also one of the characteristics of the product. I personally don't like brackets either.

Bread

Quote from: vampiredesign on August 30, 2023, 07:46:21 AMWe won't make the bracket, you can see that our model legs are separate parts and molds. Will not fall down due to high temperature. We would rather give up some postures here, and each product will be tested for stability. If the product is squeezed inside the box, only hot water and a hair dryer need to be heated and adjusted to stand stably.
 Not soft feet is also one of the characteristics of the product. I personally don't like brackets either.
I also don't see the use for the clear plastic stands if the figure itself is small. The brackets although work well for large therapods, the smaller genuses would not look too good with the stands.

I think this is a good decision to not use them in these cases if there are alternatives to the sculpts as you said vampiredesign.

Looking forward to seeing these future products!

SidB

Looking at my recent HLG arrival, the Allosaurus, a rather small figure, it really is rock solid standing of its own two feet. Of course, we know that time reveals if "the curse of the theropods" will manifest itself, but this figure really does appear to be very stable without any rod.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on August 30, 2023, 12:53:06 PMLooking at my recent HLG arrival, the Allosaurus, a rather small figure, it really is rock solid standing of its own two feet. Of course, we know that time reveals if "the curse of the theropods" will manifest itself, but this figure really does appear to be very stable without any rod.

My Rebor Kiss just jumped off the shelf last week, never even trembled before. Now it's fallen and taken several others with her.

ceratopsian

As George Orwell's animals memorably maintained, "Four legs good, two legs bad!"  Granted the context was different.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 30, 2023, 04:26:15 PM
Quote from: SidB on August 30, 2023, 12:53:06 PMLooking at my recent HLG arrival, the Allosaurus, a rather small figure, it really is rock solid standing of its own two feet. Of course, we know that time reveals if "the curse of the theropods" will manifest itself, but this figure really does appear to be very stable without any rod.

My Rebor Kiss just jumped off the shelf last week, never even trembled before. Now it's fallen and taken several others with her.

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 30, 2023, 04:26:15 PM

Oh no, it's "the curse of the theropods" again! I can only hope that the word doesn't around through the underground theropod network and that two-legged terrors start pitching themselves onto unsuspecting DTF members from on high. Where will it end!

Flaffy

Managed to sell off both of my old Ouranosaurus, just in time to take advantage of the Aliexpress sale!

Got the following figures...
- New Green Ouranosaurus; I just had to reward Haolonggood's efforts and dedication at creating the best possible versions of their figures. It wouldn't have been right to have made a big fuss over the thumb issue and not putting money where my mouth is. The painted digits III to V are an odd choice but not a difficult fix.

- Blue Edmontonia; I think the Haolonggood figure represents E. longiceps? So should comfortably coexist with the old Battat one, which still stands as one of the best Edmontonia (E. rugosidens) on the market.

- Orange Dacentrurus; went for the orange version because it complements PNSO's yellow Miragaia, showing that they're closely related within the clade Dacentrurinae. And partially because the green version is basically the same as the green Ouranosaurus, no desire to double dip there.

- Green Wuerhosaurus; plates probably aren't representative of an in-life appearance, but I find the lack of a massive shoulder spike a lot more convincing. The texture & detailwork is better than the Vitae figure as well.

Roar

Quote from: vampiredesign on August 30, 2023, 07:46:21 AMWe won't make the bracket, you can see that our model legs are separate parts and molds. Will not fall down due to high temperature. We would rather give up some postures here, and each product will be tested for stability. If the product is squeezed inside the box, only hot water and a hair dryer need to be heated and adjusted to stand stably.
And that is why I love haolonggood. The other brands are a disaster with that. Could you perhaps tell us if the Dilophosaurus will be feathered?
Onwards to adventure!

Carnoking

Played some catchup for Haolonggood in August.

Wuerhosaurus

Spoiler

Pretty impressive sculpt for the size.

[close]

Edmontonia

Spoiler

What can I say, this one is fantastic and long overdue.

[close]

Pachyrhinosaurus Duo

Spoiler

Pachyrhinosaurus is one of my favorite ceratopsians, so I had to get both.

That said, I still think the green makes for the more cohesive of the two.

With the other ceratopsians

It's pretty amazing how refined the sculpts have become in such a short amount of time, but those old paint jobs are still a tour de force.

Testing the resolve

[close]

Still yet to get the Dacenturus, but I know now that I've got most of these that they're gonna turn right around and reveal an amazing Dilophosaurus and impressive Alamosaurus  :P

suspsy

When did Everything Dinosaur say they would be getting Haolonggood in stock?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lynx

Quote from: suspsy on September 01, 2023, 03:23:04 PMWhen did Everything Dinosaur say they would be getting Haolonggood in stock?

I only recall them saying they were trying to get in contact with HLG, never that they were getting stuff in stock.
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: