News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

ceratopsian

No, you are not the only one avatar_Lynx @Lynx.  I like that variety/uncertainty too. Very much in fact!  I find it really appealing because it seems so very unplanned and gives a spontaneous touch.

Quote from: Lynx on September 09, 2023, 02:27:09 PMMight be the only one, but I like how sometimes we get surprised, and other times there are WIPs shown.  ;D

Ambre

Will it have a similiar price to the apatosaurus ? Because my wallet probably wont be able to handle it

ceratopsian

I guess so.  It will be a hefty chunk of plastic, which pushes up costs of materials, labour, packaging, transport etc.

Quote from: Ambre on September 09, 2023, 02:58:15 PMWill it have a similiar price to the apatosaurus ? Because my wallet probably wont be able to handle it

Ambre

Yeah i though that it would be smaller than the apatosaurus. Idk really what the size difference is between the two but it would make sense for it to have the same price. I'll just wait a bit to have enough money to buy this beauty !
Quote from: ceratopsian on September 09, 2023, 03:04:19 PMI guess so.  It will be a hefty chunk of plastic, which pushes up costs of materials, labour, packaging, transport etc.

Quote from: Ambre on September 09, 2023, 02:58:15 PMWill it have a similiar price to the apatosaurus ? Because my wallet probably wont be able to handle it

ceratopsian

So it's 45.6 cm long by 14.4 cm high.

Bread

So $47 before tax without original box. That's pretty good in my opinion.

thomasw100

What I cannot clearly see from the pictures published so far is if this Ampelosaurus model has a thumb claw or not. Because earlier sauropods up to diplodocoids and basal macronaria had one, many models of later sauropod species include this feature as well. But many titanosaurs had lost the thumb claw and the shape of the hand changed from a semicircle to almost a full circle. The pictures seem to show that the hands are rather round and no prominent thumb claw is visible, which would be good.

thomasw100

So the next one appears to be Daspletosaurus. Now we are entering the immediate competition between Haolonggood and PNSO.

postsaurischian

We should show the Ampelosaurus pictures here!

thomasw100

The sculpt of the Ampelosaurus is really nice, in particular I like that the osteoderms are not exaggerated and oversized. The paint application is not too convincing. Generally I like the brown variant with the contrast between the trunk and the neck and tail, but these white stripes on the tail (and partly the neck as well) are too strong in my opinion. This will probably become a candidate for a repaint or at least some touchup.

postsaurischian

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 09, 2023, 04:38:02 PMSo the next one appears to be Daspletosaurus. Now we are entering the immediate competition between Haolonggood and PNSO.

Funny coincidence - that's the one PNSO tyrannosaurid I didn't get. HAOLONGGOOD's colours look very tempting!!

thomasw100

More Daspletsaurus pictures from Paleofiguras:

Sim

It's always a pleasure to see new Haolonggood figures.  The Ampelosaurus and Daspletosaurus look well made, but I wish they had been Saltasaurus and Daspletosaurus horneri instead.  I only have space for one more "giant" figure and Ampelosaurus isn't a species I want to give that space to.  Saltasaurus being smaller would have fit in my collection fine.  As for Daspletosaurus torosus, I'm happy with my Safari version, but there isn't a Daspletosaurus horneri figure which is something I'd like to have.  It's great to see the Haolonggood Daspletosaurus has lips though!  I also like that the full species name was given!

Ambre

OH this daspletosaurus is lovely !!

bmathison1972

Awesome Daspletosaurus, but more than content with Safari!

Wow, nice one-two punch from Haolly this morning!

Flaffy

Not sure if Ampelosaurus is a good choice for a figure tbh. While the genus has tons of bones assigned to it, the whole thing is an absolute mess to my knowledge, so no reliable reconstruction exists atm. Moreover, we now know that the infamous "armour" on Ampelosaurus is not in fact unique to the genus. Multiple titanosaurs have evidence of osteoderms, so I wish something more well studied was chosen instead. If HLG wanted an armoured Titanosaur, Saltasaurus is prime for the picking and desperate for an updated figure.

That said, I don't tend to skip Titanosaur figures, so this will most likely be added to my collection at some point ;) Probably would work as a generic saltasaurid and fit many a diorama.

Stegotyranno420

2 figures a day! Nice. The Daspletosaurus has an awesome body, and unlike most Tyrannosaurs, seems natural with green and purple for some reason.
Head seems a bit wierd though, but hopefully looks better in person

Carnoking

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: