News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Lana has posted the first pics of the black Ampelosaurus on Instagram.

SidB

Quote from: Basilosaurus on September 16, 2023, 09:53:23 AMhttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=632401308999607&set=pb.100066892290400.-2207520000&type=3

looks amazing in person imo!
I'm impressed. So far, I've only gotten both color variants of HLG's Nasuto's and Penta's , but here I simply can't make up my mind which one to get. Maybe both?

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Basilosaurus on September 16, 2023, 09:53:23 AMhttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=632401308999607&set=pb.100066892290400.-2207520000&type=3

looks amazing in person imo!

I am quite awed by the paint apps on the Ampelosaurus. Feels like HLG reached a new level with this one. Lanatime Shop's images (on Instagram) really show off the detail and layers of paint.

The Daspletosauruses also look great, I can't decide which one is nicer either!

Stegotyranno420

Crazy to think, 10 years ago the main targets of applause were Papo, Safari, and Carnegie. Who would've guessed how different things would get over the course of a decade. Rapid changes in the power dynamics of companies. I feel as if we entered a new age of Dinosaur figurines.

Flaffy

Painted digits IV & V of my Ouranosaurus so that they're covered in skin rather than ending in claws. Emphasised the white patterns so that they're more striking, and closer to the promo pics. A simple fix that I highly encourage people doing with their green copies.

Halichoeres

I'm not in the market for a new Daspletosaurus, but I do think this is Haolonggood's best theropod since Carcharodontosaurus.

Definitely ordered the Ampelosaurus, though! And the Dacentrurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 16, 2023, 09:14:38 PMI'm not in the market for a new Daspletosaurus, but I do think this is Haolonggood's best theropod since Carcharodontosaurus.

Definitely ordered the Ampelosaurus, though! And the Dacentrurus.
Happy to see some focus on European dinosaurs, especially mainland ones. Of course, I hope for more

Bread

Pachyrhinosaurus 1:20 resin scale model by Haolonggood, not sure who painted it.

ceratopsian

Black Mamba according to the Paleofiguras post.

cryolophosaurus

Got the Orange and black Ampelosaurus in the mail today! It's very detailed all around and worth every penny.

Here it is with other haolonggood herbivores:

And compared to other titanosaurs I own.(GK Argentinosaurus and Safari ltd Malawisaurus):

Stegotyranno420

That last picture escalated quickly. Is that even 1:40 scale?(Argentine)

cryolophosaurus

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on September 19, 2023, 05:28:26 AMThat last picture escalated quickly. Is that even 1:40 scale?(Argentine)
It's 1:35 scale. It's very huge, so much that I had to get a bigger display for my entire collection to house it. Worth it.

oscars_dinos

would you say the detail matches pnso's

cryolophosaurus

Quote from: oscars_dinos on September 19, 2023, 05:35:39 AMwould you say the detail matches pnso's
The Ampelo? VERY close I would say. The sculpted detail has some great fineness, but it could use a slight dark wash in some areas to make the tiny scales pop. The big osteoderms on the back have this nice chalky white wash which makes them look like withered stone. It's very cool in person and just adds a nice touch. Other than that, stands on it's own very well.

thomasw100

Quote from: cryolophosaurus on September 19, 2023, 05:33:55 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on September 19, 2023, 05:28:26 AMThat last picture escalated quickly. Is that even 1:40 scale?(Argentine)
It's 1:35 scale. It's very huge, so much that I had to get a bigger display for my entire collection to house it. Worth it.

Is this the large Argentinosaurus kit that Lana Time Shop has on offer?

cryolophosaurus

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 19, 2023, 07:56:20 AM
Quote from: cryolophosaurus on September 19, 2023, 05:33:55 AM

Is this the large Argentinosaurus kit that Lana Time Shop has on offer?
Yes, that's the one!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: