You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Models modified by Artists! From various social media platforms…

Started by Bread, July 16, 2023, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

avatar_Bread @Bread, man you are going all out! Shipping costs are keeping me from doing similar, and I've decided to go BIG for my next commission, assuming it is accepted, this one might be a challenge.

In related news... SUMMER'S HOME!

Bread

Summer is a beauty! Glad to see her arrive safely!

Yes this is a big haul that has actually been slowing down all my acquisitions from companies, which I chose to do. All the PNSO therapod releases were of genuses that I wanted desperately, so as a result a large haul was chosen to do, plus a few hadrosaurs just to get them done and out of the way. Like you said, I wanted to avoid those shipping fees.

Halichoeres

Looking good!

Quote from: Bread on September 14, 2023, 02:27:01 PMHere are a few WIP figures. I had a last minute haul of some, and unfortunately I am breaking my rule of "customs only in summer." Oh well ::)

Hey, it's summer for another week or so, technically. Also, isn't it summer about ten months a year where you live?  :P
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 15, 2023, 11:16:55 AMLooking good!

Quote from: Bread on September 14, 2023, 02:27:01 PMHere are a few WIP figures. I had a last minute haul of some, and unfortunately I am breaking my rule of "customs only in summer." Oh well ::)

Hey, it's summer for another week or so, technically. Also, isn't it summer about ten months a year where you live?  :P
Thank you!

And yeah pretty much, and I'd even argue nearly year round as we get maybe a cold spell for a week then back up to the low 80s during the winter. This process repeats during the winter here in Florida.

Bread

I kind of knew one of these were coming, but wow I did not expect it to be truly this amazing and bring a true "I want that" straight to my mind.

dinosaur_models_artworks has added lips plus a repaint representing BOTM's Lythronax. A beauty for sure!

A bit of a side topic, but this really brings in my hope for a possible future model kits or figures David could quickly put out. I doubt this with how successful his BOTM line is so there is no need to expand into static models for now, but still I hope at least one day :'(

Quiversaurus

So happy to see this repaint of the Lythronax. I've always wondered what it would look like if BOTM's paints and patterns were replicated "more naturally" on a static model.

The results speak for themselves, this boy looks gorgeous!

Bread

Finished! Just needs finalized photos ;D

Another beautiful model done by dinosaur_models_artworks

thomasw100

Soon all the lip makers will probably go out of business if both PNSO and Haolonggood will consistently make their theropods with lips.

SidB

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 19, 2023, 08:00:27 PMSoon all the lip makers will probably go out of business if both PNSO and Haolonggood will consistently make their theropods with lips.
Yes, that's a thought. It remains to be seen how consistent they will be in the practice.

Over9K

Quote from: thomasw100 on September 19, 2023, 08:00:27 PMSoon all the lip makers will probably go out of business if both PNSO and Haolonggood will consistently make their theropods with lips.

Lips are not the be-all/end-all of custom builders. My next commission goes far, far beyond lips. The good ones will continue to thrive, despite not having to lip-up every figure.

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on September 20, 2023, 12:17:04 AM

Lips are not the be-all/end-all of custom builders. My next commission goes far, far beyond lips. The good ones will continue to thrive, despite not having to lip-up every figure.
Exactly. I have a few other items that do not involve lips whatsoever. Even if lipped therapods become a norm for companies, I still will have artist like dinosaur_models_artworks repaint them.
Plus, I know he's backed up with model kits, which a lot of collectors depend on him and other artist for.

Kei

;) Got both the "BOTM" Lythronax & Daspleto on their way to my place now - I'll let you guys know when they arrive

Bread

Quote from: Kei on September 20, 2023, 04:50:10 AM;) Got both the "BOTM" Lythronax & Daspleto on their way to my place now - I'll let you guys know when they arrive
Congratulations Kei! Sorry if I spoiled the reveal of this Lythronax. I do recall you telling me you had one being made but I completely forgot. My apologies. But I can't wait to see your in hand photos!

ceratopsian

Love the Lythronax repaint.  That really appeals to my sense of colour.

Halichoeres

Well, at least maybe they'll get a little more variety in their commissions! That should be nice.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

edu

Gorgosaurus Libratus male, mating season.

Awesome work by dinosaur_models_artworks

IMG_4000 by Eduardo Vázquez, on Flickr

IMG_4017 by Eduardo Vázquez, on Flickr

IMG_4038 by Eduardo Vázquez, on Flickr

TooOldForDinosaurs

Gorgosaurus? More like Gorgeousaurus.
Congrats!  ;)

SidB

Very cool, looks like he's donned a death-mask. How appropriate! And no necessity for the teeth to be showing for the sheer terror of his visage to communicate itself!

Bread

A beauty and I recall dinosaur_models_artworks sharing images with the process of this one. Based on the Marine Iguana right? This is absolutely stunning, and congratulations on it!

Eatmycar

Fire, absolute fire. Are the eyes red? Whatever color it is, this guy is a GEM.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: