News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - Hopes and Dreams

Started by Concavenator, April 22, 2023, 07:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roar

I would love
Ichtyostega
Diplocaulus
Plathyhystrix
Paraiasaurus
Scutosaurus
Elginia
Sphenacodon
Dimetrodon
Edaphosaurus
Anteosaurus
Moschops
Estemmenosuchus
Lycaenops
Diictodon
Dicynodon
Megalancosaurus
Drepanosaurus
Rhynchosaurus
Lystrosaurus
Wannanosaurus
Goyocephale
Micropachycephalosaurus
Homalocephale
Stegoceras
Colepiocephale
Tylocephale
Pachycephalosaurus
Stygimoloch
Spaerotholus
Plathyhystrix
Meganeura
Titanoboa
Arthropleura
Megatherium.
All pterosaurs
Troodon
Dodo
Giant moa

Onwards to adventure!

Samrukia

Tarbosaurus  ::)

something about PNSO model is putting me off

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roar on September 20, 2023, 09:28:43 PMI would love
Ichtyostega
Diplocaulus
Plathyhystrix
Paraiasaurus

Scutosaurus
Elginia
Sphenacodon

Dimetrodon
Edaphosaurus
Anteosaurus
Moschops

Estemmenosuchus
Lycaenops
Diictodon
Dicynodon
Megalancosaurus
Drepanosaurus
Rhynchosaurus
Lystrosaurus

Wannanosaurus
Goyocephale
Micropachycephalosaurus
Homalocephale
Stegoceras

Colepiocephale
Tylocephale
Pachycephalosaurus
Stygimoloch
Spaerotholus
Plathyhystrix
Meganeura
Titanoboa
Arthropleura
Megatherium.
All pterosaurs
Troodon
Dodo
Giant moa

I'd almost certainly buy all the ones in bold. I think Haolonggood has been pretty clear that they're sticking to figures that are within a plausibly deniable distance of 1:35, so most of these would be too small. However, if they decided to do miniatures for smaller animals, or to relax their scale rule, I certainly wouldn't complain. At 1:35, most pterosaurs are even too small for their current format, and they've already made Quetzalcoatlus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

What I would also love to see from Haolonggood is a Basilosaurus! That would be spectacular, just imagine it!

I'm sure I'd like it more than PNSO's and CollectA's versions. I'd also like it if they included the watery-themed base they gave to the Otodus.

On another hand, I also think Haolonggood could manage to put out a more appealing Centrosaurus than PNSO's.

cryolophosaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on September 23, 2023, 11:25:30 PMWhat I would also love to see from Haolonggood is a Basilosaurus! That would be spectacular, just imagine it!

I'm sure I'd like it more than PNSO's and CollectA's versions. I'd also like it if they included the watery-themed base they gave to the Otodus.
That would be pretty cool! Imagen the two versions of said model. One could have a more traditional (Walking with beasts) color scheme that's blue top with a tan/grey underside while the other version has more an Orca black and white counter shade.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Concavenator on September 23, 2023, 11:25:30 PMOn another hand, I also think Haolonggood could manage to put out a more appealing Centrosaurus than PNSO's.

OK but more appealing than Inyector's?

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

JimoAi

would love a prionosuchus, attenboroughsaurus and an ophthalmosaurus

Sim

Quote from: cryolophosaurus on September 23, 2023, 11:53:23 PMThat would be pretty cool! Imagen the two versions of said model. One could have a more traditional (Walking with beasts) color scheme that's blue top with a tan/grey underside while the other version has more an Orca black and white counter shade.
I think it's more likely Haolonggood would do as they did for the two non-dinosaurs they've made so far and only release Basilosaurus in one colour scheme.

Halichoeres

Quote from: JimoAi on September 24, 2023, 12:51:02 PMwould love a prionosuchus, attenboroughsaurus and an ophthalmosaurus

These are at least in the right size range. I would buy a Prionosuchus without hesitation. Probably Attenborosaurus too. I like my WWD Ophthalmosaurus but it's hard to find so it makes sense to have one on the market.

Concavenator

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 24, 2023, 12:44:24 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on September 23, 2023, 11:25:30 PMOn another hand, I also think Haolonggood could manage to put out a more appealing Centrosaurus than PNSO's.

OK but more appealing than Inyector's?

Probably too! ;)

Faelrin

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I never even heard of that brand before. I mean today I learned there's another Centrosaurus figure out there other then the BotM and the PNSO.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Roar

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 22, 2023, 01:13:31 PM
Quote from: Roar on September 20, 2023, 09:28:43 PMI would love
Ichtyostega
Diplocaulus
Plathyhystrix
Paraiasaurus

Scutosaurus
Elginia
Sphenacodon

Dimetrodon
Edaphosaurus
Anteosaurus
Moschops

Estemmenosuchus
Lycaenops
Diictodon
Dicynodon
Megalancosaurus
Drepanosaurus
Rhynchosaurus
Lystrosaurus

Wannanosaurus
Goyocephale
Micropachycephalosaurus
Homalocephale
Stegoceras

Colepiocephale
Tylocephale
Pachycephalosaurus
Stygimoloch
Spaerotholus
Plathyhystrix
Meganeura
Titanoboa
Arthropleura
Megatherium.
All pterosaurs
Troodon
Dodo
Giant moa

I'd almost certainly buy all the ones in bold. I think Haolonggood has been pretty clear that they're sticking to figures that are within a plausibly deniable distance of 1:35, so most of these would be too small. However, if they decided to do miniatures for smaller animals, or to relax their scale rule, I certainly wouldn't complain. At 1:35, most pterosaurs are even too small for their current format, and they've already made Quetzalcoatlus.
Ah yes, one may dream right? Awesome!! I have the Quetz! But I want more.
Onwards to adventure!

EuropaSuchus

1) Chasmosaurus. It's iconic, well-known, "default" chasmosaurine that doesn't have a lot of good figures. Someone should give it time to shine. Vagaceratops or Kosmoceratops would be nice alternative.

2) Some hadrosaurs. It would be curious to see their duckbills. Personally want Corythosaurus (PNSO big head ruined an overall good figure), Hypacrosaurus, Velafrons or Olorotitan if it's lambeosaurine. If it's saurolophine, I want eveything: Brachylophosaurus, Maiasaura, Gryposaurus, Prosaurolophus, Kamuysaurus, Saurolophus itself - just anything.

3) Another little cute ankylosaurid or nodosaurid. Borealopelta would be a good idea, PNSO one looks kinda aged, also Gastonia, Talarurus, any Euoplocephalus team member (Scolosaurus, Platypelta, Anodontosaurus, Euo itself).

4) New stegosaurid. Kentrosaurus, Tuojiangosaurus, Huayangosaurus - all are good options.

5) Dinosaurs from obscure and underrepresented clades. Something between Iguanodon and hadrosaurids, like Jinzhousaurus, Equijubus, Altirhinus. Any "prosauropod", like good ol' classic Plateosaurus or humongous sized Yunnanosaurus youngi.

Concavenator

V @vampiredesign If you want to make another ankylosaur at some point, I think a very good choice would be... Zuul!

Now, this might sound surprising because PNSO just released one... but nonetheless I think Zuul would be an excellent choice for Haolonggood and here's why:

1) It's an exciting new paleontological discovery, and an animal that has been getting more fame lately. It's the first ankylosaurid whose tail club was found in association with the rest of its body. The specimen is so well-preserved that even the osteoderm arrangement is known, which is a rarity among ankylosaurs. It can be argued that Zuul is the best species to choose for making a figure of an ankylosaurid.

2) It has the potential to be the best version of the species. Last year, the Safari version was released and in the same year, it became obsolete already because of the new reconstruction from Arbour et al. (2022). Then this year both Kaiyodo and PNSO came out with their own versions, which get the proportions right, but failed to depict the (known) osteoderm arrangement. A Zuul by Haolonggood could very easily be the best Zuul if they base it on Hank Sharpe's 3D model for the aforementioned paper:

If you base the figure on these renders, carefully depicting the osteoderm arrangement and capturing the proportions, and then are careful to depict the hands and feet in an accurate way, that would be both the best Zuul on the market and arguably the most accurate figure of an ankylosaurid on the market. Since they offer 2 variants, one of them could be painted green for keeping the green Zuul paleomeme alive and many people would be pleased.

3) Dr. Victoria Arbour would be very happy about the figure. So far, every time a Zuul figure has been released, she has posted about those figures on her social media, so if Haolonggood makes one, it would surely be no different. What's also interesting is that I believe she would be particularly pleased with a potential version by Haolonggood, apart from representing this taxon she described, it would also take into account the later 2022 paper.

This could be interesting to Haolonggood, as if Arbour shared the figure, that could help introduce the Haolonggood brand to people who didn't know about them.

4) Would display well with the Haolonggood Edmontonia (from the same Judith River Formation) and fellow ankylosaurid Tianzhenosaurus.

5) Zuul was discovered in the Judith River Formation, which means it lived alongside Edmontonia, Daspletosaurus and other species that could be interesting for Haolonggood as well, such as Brachylophosaurus (an incredibly overdue for a figure hadrosaurid, another animal with outstanding remains), which has been requested several times already. Corythosaurus and Gorgosaurus were also found in that formation as well.

I see a lot of advantages with the release of a Zuul. At the very least, it would surely be better than making a random fragmentary species.

I also echo previous suggestions: Kentrosaurus, Chasmosaurus, Brachylophosaurus, Maiasaura, Anchiceratops, Gallimimus, Tenontosaurus, Amargasaurus...

GojiraGuy1954

Marginocephalians:

Achelousaurus horneri
Einiosaurus procurvicornis
Kosmoceratops richardsoni
Medusaceratops lokii
Pachycephalosaurus wyomingensis
Torosaurus latus
Udanoceratops tschizhovi
Wendiceratops pinhornensis

Ornithopoda:

Charonosaurus cyrtocristatus
Edmontosaurus annectens
Gryposaurus notabilis
Iguanodon bernissartensis
Maiasaura peeblesorum
Muttaburrasaurus langdoni
Saurolophus osborni
Tsintaosaurus spinorhinus

Sauropods:

Brachytrachelopan mesai
Camarasaurus supremus
Nigersaurus taqueti
Plateosaurus trossingensis
Shunosaurus jiangyiensis

Thyreophorans:

Ankylosaurus magniventris
Borealopelta markmitchelli
Kentrosaurus aethiopicus
Miragaia longicollum
Scolosaurus cutleri
Spicomellus afer

Theropods:

Chilesaurus diegosuarezi
Deltadromeus agilis
Dryptosaurus aquilunguis
Falcarius utahensis
Gigantoraptor erlianensis
Herrerasaurus ischigualastensis
Ichthyovenator laosensis
Torvosaurus tanneri
Yutyrannus huali
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Lynx

I'd like to see Pinacosaurus from HLG, though the PNSO version is near perfect. It is one of if not the most commonly preserved ankylosaur, and one of the best preserved at that. It contains discoveries that were vital to paleontology, and yet only has two models on the market, one of which old and quite poor at that.

It'd also be generally interesting to see another take at the creature with how many different reconstructions there are of it.
An oversized house cat.

EuropaSuchus

Sauropodomorpha:
1. Plateosaurus
2. Yunnanosaurus youngi (that second, very big species of a genus)
3. Lufengosaurus or Jingshanosaurus
4. Melanorosaurus
5. Shunosaurus
6. Cetiosaurus (based on Ruthland specimen)
7. Bagualia
8. Jobaria
9. Mamenchisaurus (or yet unnamed genus) youngi
10. Analong
11. Omeisaurus
12. Xinjiangtitan
13. Barosaurus
14. Galeamopus
15. Diplodocus
16. Camarasaurus
17. Isisaurus
18. Inawentu
19. Opisthocoelicaudia
20. Futalognkosaurus
21. Patagotitan
22. Overosaurus, Gondwanatitan, Arrudatitan, Baurutitan composite (composite aelosaurine)
23. Euhelopus.

Theropoda:
1. Ceratosaurus
2. Skorpiovenator
3. Aucasaurus
4. Majungasaurus
5. Afrovenator
6. Asfaltovenator
7. Neovenator
8. Concavenator
9) Alioramus
10. Qianzhousaurus
11. Bistahieversor
12. Segnosaurus
13. Gallimimus
14. Utahraptor
15. Austroraptor
16. Achillobator
17. Deinonychus (very small one to fit in 1:35)

EuropaSuchus

Ornithopoda:
1. Iguanodon (PNSO was a bit of a disappointment)
2. Mantellisaurus/Dollodon
3. Proa
4. Brightstoneus
5. Camptosaurus
6. Tenontosaurus
7. Hippodraco
8. Jinzhousaurus
9. Equijubus
10. Altirhinus
11. Bolong
12. Bactrosaurus
12. Tanius
13. Gobihadros
14. Maiasaura
15. Brachylophosaurus
16. Gryposaurus
17. Saurolophus
18. Prosaurolophus
19. Edmontosaurus
20. Corythosaurus
22. Hypacrosaurus
23. Velafrons
24. Some elasmarian, like Talenkauen
25. Muttaburrasaurus.

thomasw100

I would have the following suggestion: For smaller species Haolonggood could actually make some 4 to 5 different poses so that one could build a herd. The two poses of the Dilophosaurus are a good start in that direction already.

Faelrin

I can't remember if I've said this before, and I don't feel like digging atm, but recently I've been thinking I'd like to see them do Amargasaurus. Like yeah sure there's some great options for it out there already, but with how wonderful this year's sauropods from them have been (as well as the color choice many of their figures have), I'd like to see how they could tackle this animal, hopefully with the recent push for sails again.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: