You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Models modified by Artists! From various social media platforms…

Started by Bread, July 16, 2023, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edu

Quote from: Bread on September 25, 2023, 06:41:56 PMBased on the Marine Iguana right?

Yeah! Males have some stunning colors during mating season!

It was a pleasure seeing the steps and dealing with him. Really talented and nice guy. The problem... i am alteady thinking on the next custom  ;D

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I've been thinking of commissioning some customs from dinosaur_models_artworks myself, would you be able to share how much he tends to charge for repaints and lips vs just lips?

Bread

Quote from: edu on September 25, 2023, 07:02:59 PM
Quote from: Bread on September 25, 2023, 06:41:56 PMBased on the Marine Iguana right?

Yeah! Males have some stunning colors during mating season!

It was a pleasure seeing the steps and dealing with him. Really talented and nice guy. The problem... i am alteady thinking on the next custom  ;D
Awesome! Glad to hear, and yes he is very friendly and always a pleasure to work with. I am surprised I haven't annoyed him yet with the haul I have through him lol.

And yes, once you get a few, the idea of a next custom comes right after.

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on September 25, 2023, 08:43:34 PMI've been thinking of commissioning some customs from dinosaur_models_artworks myself, would you be able to share how much he tends to charge for repaints and lips vs just lips?
Alright, I'll give you a brief rundown my friend.

Note, this fully depends on the model size. I'll list two models based on their size.

$100 was the charge for PNSO's Cameron the Tyrannosaurus to be lips plus full repaint.

$65 was the charge for PNSO's Gorgosaurus to be lips plus full repaint.

I am not sure how much he charges for just a simple lips and color blend of course to add to the lips when they're done. You can always message him on instagram for a full price. Remember this does not include the figure's initial cost and shipping. For example, a PNSO Gorgosaurus is about $38.99 plus then the lips and repaint $65, then shipping could be anywhere from $30 to about $40.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Bread

Haven't updated this in a while, been super busy unfortunately.

Just a bunch of customs by dinosaur_models_artworks

The Meraxes and Lambeosaurus are currently making way to their new home  :))
Despite my recent selling off of a few customs, I am slowly acquiring some.

Quiversaurus

These guys are gorgeous avatar_Bread @Bread ... I especially like the Lambeosaurus!

Bread

With the recent Alamosaurus reveal, I am more excited than ever for this to make its way to me!

Nearly complete!

Halichoeres

The Lambeosaurus looks great!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Quiversaurus on October 23, 2023, 03:28:51 PMThese guys are gorgeous avatar_Bread @Bread ... I especially like the Lambeosaurus!
Thank you!
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 07, 2023, 04:13:12 PMThe Lambeosaurus looks great!
Thank you!

So I did find the Lambeosaurus to be not so bulky compared to the other hadrosaurs. As a result, I requested that dinosaur_models_artworks add a bit of bulk to the neck. The colorscheme was his choice as I wanted a "surprise me" factor. Colorscheme is based on Timon Princeps lizard.

Kei

:)) Today is a good day - my custom Lythronax from dinosaur_models_artworks has finally arrived. I hope these photos will do its justice !

Bread

Fantastic! Glad it arrived to you safe and sound!

Also your photos are great! I'm tempted to take a few of his customs outside to see how well they work in a natural environment ;)

SidB

I love the variation of light and shadow on the color variegations of the paint work. Really situates the Lythronax as the nearest thing to a living creature.

Bread

Here's some work by dinosaur_models_artworks

And here's a modified + repaint of PNSO's Allosaurus by Bravo Models:

Refreshing to see a repaint of a herbivore this time around. That PNSO Gorgosaurus has to be my favorite without a doubt, unfortunately it's not mine cause it's absolutely gorgeous :'(

Carnoking

That gorgosaurus is truly spectacular

Bread

Some more recent projects from dinosaur_models_artworks

Cool to see Livyatan again!

Concavenator

That Gorgosaurus in particular looks stunning!

Carnoking

postsaurischian

:D  All of these are very very beautiful. Love the Triceratops!

Bread

I posted these update in the original post, but sharing it here as well:

****Updated February 12th 2024! With the arrival of Haolonggood and the apparent inclusion of other brands that often get repainted, I decided to alter this thread to "Models modified by Artists!" Not so very catchy, but if anyone else has a better idea let me know. Again, this is really because I find that other modified figures need a spotlight since they are pretty much the same modifications done on some to the likes of PNSO. As well as feel free to share!****

So I will start posting modified Haolonggood, CollectA, and Rebor models. Done by various artist. Again, feel free to share as well!

Thank you!

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on February 12, 2024, 12:29:29 PMI posted these update in the original post, but sharing it here as well:

****Updated February 12th 2024! With the arrival of Haolonggood and the apparent inclusion of other brands that often get repainted, I decided to alter this thread to "Models modified by Artists!" Not so very catchy, but if anyone else has a better idea let me know. Again, this is really because I find that other modified figures need a spotlight since they are pretty much the same modifications done on some to the likes of PNSO. As well as feel free to share!****

So I will start posting modified Haolonggood, CollectA, and Rebor models. Done by various artist. Again, feel free to share as well!

Thank you!

I think this is really a good title because it makes much more clear what this thread is about. By the way, I am expecting my first Haolonggood models modified by Dinosaur Models Artworks to arrive this week. He modified the Kosmoceratops, Sinoceratops and Pachyrhinosaurus to conceal the seamlines between the head and the body. The Kosmoceratops and Sinoceratops did just get some painting over in that area retaining the original paint scheme, but the Pachyrhinosaurus got a full repaint that looks stunning. I will share pictures when they have arrived.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: