News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TNG Prehistoric Figures (Unending Tedium)

Started by Loon, January 28, 2023, 03:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: edu on September 16, 2023, 09:09:49 AM
Quote from: SidB on September 15, 2023, 11:59:45 PMThe Stegodon is, in my estimation, the best in TNG's fine cluster of extinct mammals.

Its a puzzling product... IMO is a lot superior to all the other TNG figures, as if it had been made by another company. As avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin says, its at the level of Eofauna products.
Agreed. The company itself seems to be a bit of an enigma.

Saarlooswolfhound

Quote from: Faelrin on September 16, 2023, 01:59:00 AMS @SidB Agreed. Could easily fit in alongside Eofauna's proboscideans I think.

They do, I have them all (the TNG mammoth also) and they fit quite well. I am not scale concious so I can't speak there, but detailing is all higher level.

SidB

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on September 16, 2023, 03:57:13 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on September 16, 2023, 01:59:00 AMS @SidB Agreed. Could easily fit in alongside Eofauna's proboscideans I think.

They do, I have them all (the TNG mammoth also) and they fit quite well. I am not scale concious so I can't speak there, but detailing is all higher level.
Yes, the TNG Mammoth is no slouch either. I treat the Mammoth and the Stegodon as close enough to 1/35ish, displaying them next to my 1/32-1/35 proboscideans, including both extinct and extant ones. I keep the 1/40 ones, such as the Eofauna and Papo Steppe Mammoths and Wild Safari Wooly Mammoth distinct from these.

Saarlooswolfhound

For those curious, here are my Eofauna and TNG probiscidians together.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Saarlooswolfhound on September 17, 2023, 04:28:00 AMFor those curious, here are my Eofauna and TNG probiscidians together.

I loved elephants as far as I could remember, one of the few things I knew before dinosaurs. This assortment looks incredible

Roar

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 31, 2023, 04:11:17 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on July 31, 2023, 02:52:03 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on July 31, 2023, 04:25:48 AMHas anyone found any of the snakes they've shown alongside the dinos for sale? They are seriously cool.

What snakes? Are they in a video?

Maybe this one?

yes!! Where are those. Wondered the same thing. And where to buy tng in general.
Onwards to adventure!

Faelrin

Came across this new color variant of the Quetzalcoatlus on Aliexpress (through google search). Out of stock though:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805790612583.html

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Quite! And that's exactly where I display it - fits in smoothly, like hand and glove.

Halichoeres

This photo from TNG's booth at the Hong Kong Toy Fair seems to show an Arsinoitherium (on the table to the left) and a Therizinosaurus (on the middle shelf on the right).

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

bmathison1972

Also extant insects, amphibians, and fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flaffy

Been waiting ages for an updated Arsinoitherium, the Safari and CollectA ones didn't satisfy me, so hopefully my wait ends with TNG's version! Same goes for Megatherium; iirc a WIP sculpt of it was leaked a while back?

The difference in sculpt quality between their extant & mammal lines vs their dinosaur is shocking.

SidB

Despite the fact that I have both of those Arsinoitheriums and are reasonably content with them, I'm still interested in this TNG one. A Megatherium, though, really interests me. It's been so long since the Safari and Bullyland figures.

Pinbacker

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 20, 2023, 07:46:47 PMThis photo from TNG's booth at the Hong Kong Toy Fair seems to show an Arsinoitherium (on the table to the left) and a Therizinosaurus (on the middle shelf on the right).

If you look closely in the picture, you can also see some sort of sabretoothed cat on top of the box of the previously released Smiledon. Maybe a Homotherium?

SidB

Quote from: Pinbacker on October 20, 2023, 10:18:58 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 20, 2023, 07:46:47 PMThis photo from TNG's booth at the Hong Kong Toy Fair seems to show an Arsinoitherium (on the table to the left) and a Therizinosaurus (on the middle shelf on the right).

If you look closely in the picture, you can also see some sort of sabretoothed cat on top of the box of the previously released Smiledon. Maybe a Homotherium?
Very observant - could be.

Saarlooswolfhound

That definitely isn't the smilodon, that is an exciting observation!

Pinbacker

Man, I'm excited for more mammals from TNG. Their Stegodon, Mammoth, Elasmotherium and Megacerops are some of my favorite releases of 2023.

Why is the title for this thread so snarky? Haven't we moved past the "TNG is a bootleg brand" phase yet?

Primeval12

bmathison1972

Actually turns out I need Arsinoitherium too, so I'd likely get a TNG version.

Flaffy

Quote from: Primeval12 on October 21, 2023, 05:47:31 AMLooks just like the one from Sea Monsters.

Hoping the figure itself doesn't have a trunk. I think the TNG reconstruction has the nostrils on the side?

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: