News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

need4swede

Tyrannosaurus Rex Alpha 2.0
by Nanmu

Vastatosaurus Rex Shadow Monarch
by Nanmu

Hammond Collection Brachiosaurus
by Mattel

Deinosuchus & Sarcosuchus
by Rebor

I was a bit disappointed by the color on the Sarcosuchus. The images made it seem more grey/black-ish, but the model in hand is more of a solid dark green. Compared to the Deinosuchus, the former's paint job looks very lackluster imo.
- Swede

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Today I stumbled across a treasure trove of free 3d models of dinosaurs (and pterosaurs) for 3d printing, and decided to try and print a geosternbergia in 1:35. Overall it turned out alright, though there was a quite a bit of stringing and I'll likely reprint it at a slower speed. (I also sadly broke off one of the wingtips right after taking this photo.)

Tomorrow I'll try their Gallimimus (resized to represent struthiomimus), and possibly their austroraptor.

Quiversaurus

Wow that Geosternbergia looks pretty decent. May I know where you found these free 3D models? Thanks!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Quiversaurus on October 24, 2023, 10:44:54 AMWow that Geosternbergia looks pretty decent. May I know where you found these free 3D models? Thanks!
https://www.printables.com/@DragonArtist15/models
I have yet to see if there are other users on this site who also upload dinosaur models.

Quiversaurus

Thanks! Please upload photos of other models if/when you print them! I'm interested to see how the Sinosauropteryx in 1:35 scale looks. Are you planning to paint them as well?

CityRaptor

Tracking Majungasaurus and Ouranosaurus!
Shouting "Alan!"
Going Primal!

The last of these three is an import from France, since Germany, as usual, is lacking when it comes to the releases of Dinosaur media.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Quiversaurus on October 24, 2023, 05:28:50 PMThanks! Please upload photos of other models if/when you print them! I'm interested to see how the Sinosauropteryx in 1:35 scale looks. Are you planning to paint them as well?
Definitely gonna paint em, as for sinosauropteryx, that one is sadly too small for my fdm printer to print at 1:35, but I may do it larger at a later date. I also have a few more posted in my other thread.

bmathison1972

I post my Recent Acquisitions on the ATF (even dinosaurs), but I am too excited for this one!
Thanks for brining it to my attention, avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi

Gwangi

Always happy when my reviews do their job B @bmathison1972^-^

AcroSauroTaurus

A few Jurassics and a couple PNSO... odd how I got two Mamenchisaurus recently...
Legacy Collection Mamenchisaurus

Hammond Collection juvenile T. rex

Hammond Collection Corythosaurus

Tsintaosaurus

Mamenchisaurus
I am the Dinosaur King!

SidB

Here's my latest acquisition, which arrived yesterday, for posting in the moving stream of consciousness that is this thread - the lipped PNSO Saurophaganax maximus (or mega Allosaurus fragilis)-

A comparison with the PNSO lipless Allosaurus jimmadensi -

PrimevalRaptor

Thanks to a fairly big sale I finally got my hands on Papos Styracosaurus. I was wavering a bit between this one and the Schleich one but the Schleich kinda feels like it needs a dark wash to bring out the details a bit more an I do admittedly like the pose on this one more.
The paint application is of course a big downgrade from the original release but I do like the colors in general and after saving like 40% or so on it it's definitely worth it

Concavenator

Some replacements for my collection:

- PNSO Borealopelta is out and CollectA Borealopelta is in.
- Safari Velociraptor is out and BotM Velociraptor is in.
- Fairly defective Safari Ichthyosaurus is out and (slightly less) defective Safari Ichthyosaurus is in.  :-[

Sharing my thoughts on these in my collection thread.

P.S. Great new acquisitions, folks!

SidB

I decided to straighten out the nasal horn on my old Papo Styraco, avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor - it took a while to get the bending to finally stay put, but it brought it into conformity with how these horns are usually depicted. Congrats on your bargain acquisition.

SidB

A little package arrived in the mail the afternoon from Lana , with a little addition, the PNSO mini Kentrosaurus. We've been talking about the need for a new Kentrosaurus lately, so I decided to order this one to accompany my old Wild Safari one until a newer figure eventually hits the market.

For the sake of comparison, here's the newbie with the Wild Safari (original paint job) and the PNSO Huayangosaurus:

Quiversaurus

It's a great looking Kentro! I too am waiting for one done close to 1:35 scale. Thanks also for the comparisons with the current Kentrosaurus offerings. Never seen these guys together before. Fingers crossed!

SidB

You're certainly welcome avatar_Quiversaurus @Quiversaurus . One of the first things that I do after removing a figure from its packaging is to compare and contrast it with one or more of the relevant figures from my collections, so I kind of assumed that some other people would find that useful and interesting too.

CityRaptor

The Feathered Serpent and the Chicken Mimic!
Under the skin, lies the robot within....uh, never mind!

Happy Halloween!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Fembrogon

I ended up grabbing a few new Mattel dinos while running some errands today. I found a Borealopelta amidst all the theropods, and tried my luck with the Captivz eggs (also thanks to avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi's review). It paid off and I've got a compy now!

Gwangi

You got the hatchling raptor too avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon, that's the only one I'm still looking for. I've got 2 of the Amber variant of it but would prefer the normal looking one. Congrats on the compy!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: