News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Carnoking on October 25, 2023, 01:55:26 PMBoth are looking great, although I'm a little annoyed that I picked up the first Yangchuanosaurus now! Grrrrr!

Zuul is #78 while Yangchuanosaurus is #76, wonder what #77 is!

Flaffy

Welp, Safari's Zuul had quite the short run. My Ankylosaur collection grows with the (eventual) inclusion of the PNSO Zuul!

Very happy that PNSO is making an adult Yangchuanosaurus as well. In classic PNSO fashion they're making collectors purchase the same species over and over again ;) That being said while I originally had no plans of getting the subadult; now that they'e actually gone and done an adult Yangchuanosaurus, I'm almost tempted to purchase the youngling as well to create a nice little family unit.

thomasw100

Quote from: Carnoking on October 25, 2023, 01:55:26 PMThere is no theropod, only Zuuuuul!

Great Halloween release in my opinion ;)

Both are looking great, although I'm a little annoyed that I picked up the first Yangchuanosaurus now! Grrrrr!

But would the two Yangchuanosaurus models together not make for a nice pair of an adult and a subadult?

Carnoking

Yeah I'll get over it real quick, I'm sure  :))

bmathison1972

Cuul Zuul.....but I am not replacing my Safari figure for it :)

Nice to finally have a non-theropod, however!

thomasw100

Quote from: Quiversaurus on October 25, 2023, 02:00:06 PMZuul is #78 while Yangchuanosaurus is #76, wonder what #77 is!

Good point. Particularly in view of the fact that none of the four or so species on the list that circulated a while ago has appeared. Maybe No. 77 will be one of them.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Quiversaurus on October 25, 2023, 01:51:35 PMDouble release! That Yangchuanosaurus looks like an absolute unit wow.

And a Zuul! Very interesting colour (reminiscent of HLG Edmontonia). Theropod streak b-b-broken!

Edit: That's actually a very handsome Zuul. The pose is very pleasing to the eye.

Also, Dapeng's lips and teeth look slightly better compared to the Saurophaganax's. Might just be me though.

The sculpt transition from the skull to the lips seems cleaner than the Saurophaganax, at least to me, though I wouldn't hold my breath for better sealing. Even the promotional image, while off focus, seems to have a gap in it. Never bothered me too much, I always diplay my theropods with an at least slightly open jaw, but might be bad news for those who are looking for a right seal.

* (It's locked.)

Gwangi

I don't have the Safari Zuul so I'll get this one. And this Yangchuanosaurus looks cooler than the previous one so I'll get this one instead. I don't need both.

suspsy

Given that PNSO is doing two species of Yangchuanosaurus, do you think they'll make Tyrannosaurus regina and Tyrannosaurus imperator in the future? Sure, the majority of paleontologists have rejected the notion of three tyrant species, but it would be an easy excuse for PNSO to keep on churning out that genus.

And they'd probably have lips!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on October 25, 2023, 02:22:08 PMGiven that PNSO is doing two species of Yangchuanosaurus, do you think they'll make Tyrannosaurus regina and Tyrannosaurus imperator in the future? Sure, the majority of paleontologists have rejected the notion of three tyrant species, but it would be an easy excuse for PNSO to keep on churning out that genus.

It's my understanding these two Yangchuanosaurus species are conspecific, too.

Stegotyranno420

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT
So many options to pick

Skorpio V.

That Zuul is amazing!! Love the active pose, and the proportional head knocks the Dino Dana one out (if you don't look at prices).
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Faelrin

Finally a herbivore after all this time. I wonder if this was based on last year's paper and so is able to be more up to date then Safari's (not its fault though)? I see the green Zuul paleomeme continues as well lol.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shane

Quote from: Faelrin on October 25, 2023, 03:52:23 PMFinally a herbivore after all this time. I wonder if this was based on last year's paper and so is able to be more up to date then Safari's (not its fault though)? I see the green Zuul paleomeme continues as well lol.

The PNSO Zuul is brown with red spikes...one of the only examples of NOT following the green Zuul paleomeme..

thebermuda303

Yangchu is nice, definitely a skip for me tho. I got really excited with zuul but after comparing it to the reconstruction based on the recent publication osteoderms are pretty off. Looks to be based on a skeletal reconstruction by getaway trike that dropped before the paper.
In this case safari comes out better. Pnso definitely improved the head to body ratio though.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Quiversaurus on October 25, 2023, 02:00:06 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on October 25, 2023, 01:55:26 PMBoth are looking great, although I'm a little annoyed that I picked up the first Yangchuanosaurus now! Grrrrr!

Zuul is #78 while Yangchuanosaurus is #76, wonder what #77 is!
77 was actually the smaller yangchuan!

K.Bela

Quote from: thomasw100 on October 25, 2023, 02:10:33 PM
Quote from: Quiversaurus on October 25, 2023, 02:00:06 PMZuul is #78 while Yangchuanosaurus is #76, wonder what #77 is!

Good point. Particularly in view of the fact that none of the four or so species on the list that circulated a while ago has appeared. Maybe No. 77 will be one of them.

avatar_DefinitelyNOTDilo @DefinitelyNOTDilo beat me to it. :)
No.77 was Dayong the Yangchuanosaurus shangyouensis.
Actually, we are waiting for No.79 and up...

SRF

Quote from: suspsy on October 25, 2023, 02:22:08 PMGiven that PNSO is doing two species of Yangchuanosaurus, do you think they'll make Tyrannosaurus regina and Tyrannosaurus imperator in the future? Sure, the majority of paleontologists have rejected the notion of three tyrant species, but it would be an easy excuse for PNSO to keep on churning out that genus.

I don't think so. In that case Cameron would already be labeled as T. Imperator, since that model is based on Sue.
But today, I'm just being father

Faelrin

S @Shane Sorry had just woke up then and was using a very dim near dead phone at the time. I see it's more of a brown grey now.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Shane on October 25, 2023, 04:07:30 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on October 25, 2023, 03:52:23 PMFinally a herbivore after all this time. I wonder if this was based on last year's paper and so is able to be more up to date then Safari's (not its fault though)? I see the green Zuul paleomeme continues as well lol.

The PNSO Zuul is brown with red spikes...one of the only examples of NOT following the green Zuul paleomeme..
Good, for some reason green on Ankylosaurs seems wierd to me

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: