News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Wild Past: New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 13, 2023, 05:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyCollector

And it is live!
The Scutosaurus can be bought in our Web Shop and will follow very soon on Everything Dinosaur  :)

postsaurischian

bmathison1972

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector - can you please provide a link to your shop? Google searches are coming up empty for me. thanks

postsaurischian

..... too late.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 06, 2023, 06:32:57 PMavatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector - can you please provide a link to your shop? Google searches are coming up empty for me. thanks

Here you go!

bmathison1972

DefinitelyNOTDilo

I don't think I'll pick this one up, as I generally collect in 1/35 scale, but I'm really excited for majungasaurus! I also noticed something about a kickstarter when I opened the site, but accidentally hit x before I could read the whole thing, wonder what that's about.

Flaffy

It's been too long since we've had a good Scutosaurus widely available on the market! Gonna be picking this cute little guy up from EverythingDinosaur on my next order.

Halichoeres

I'm ordering one for myself and one other person in the States. If anyone else wants to share shipping costs, send me a message!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

If possible, I would like to learn about the Kickstarter campaign before planning my purchases for the rest of the year (including the 11/11 AliExpress sale).  :P

ceratopsian

I'll be ordering the new releases as soon as Everything Dinosaur has them in stock.

Halichoeres

I was pleasantly surprised that shipping to the US wasn't outrageously expensive!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

New image from paleofiguras of an upcoming wild past figure, likely from the kickstarter. According to google translate the caption says: " image with the next of this brand, it will be measuring 40cm from tip to tip"

DefinitelyNOTDilo

It appears to be a titanosaur, and if it's 1/35 like their last drops than that would make whatever species this is about 14 meters or 46 feet long. I'm not an expert on titanosaurs but if anyone else knows of any species in that size bracket please lmk!

postsaurischian

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 13, 2023, 07:30:46 PMNew image from paleofiguras of an upcoming wild past figure, likely from the kickstarter. According to google translate the caption says: " image with the next of this brand, it will be measuring 40cm from tip to tip"

Why the Google translator? The original text is in English. Here it is:

"In the twilight of prehistory, giants roamed – and we're bringing the largest we've ever created to your collection. The attached image teases the grandeur of a model that spans an impressive 40cm in length. Vastly surpassing our Protoceratops in size, its coloration and pose, though still shrouded in pre-launch mystery, hint at the awe-inspiring final figure."

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 13, 2023, 07:50:36 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 13, 2023, 07:30:46 PMNew image from paleofiguras of an upcoming wild past figure, likely from the kickstarter. According to google translate the caption says: " image with the next of this brand, it will be measuring 40cm from tip to tip"

Why the Google translator? The original text is in English. Here it is:

"In the twilight of prehistory, giants roamed – and we're bringing the largest we've ever created to your collection. The attached image teases the grandeur of a model that spans an impressive 40cm in length. Vastly surpassing our Protoceratops in size, its coloration and pose, though still shrouded in pre-launch mystery, hint at the awe-inspiring final figure."

I didn't have access to the original post by wp lol, only paleofiguras' post which had the text I posted but in Spanish.

Halichoeres

That's like a mid-sized titanosaur, something in the neighborhood of Ampelosaurus.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 13, 2023, 08:17:06 PMThat's like a mid-sized titanosaurus, something in the neighborhood of Ampelosaurus.
Actually I realized, it totally could be Rapetosaurus. Which would be really neat to go with their majungasaurus.

Concavenator

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 13, 2023, 08:21:49 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 13, 2023, 08:17:06 PMThat's like a mid-sized titanosaurus, something in the neighborhood of Ampelosaurus.
Actually I realized, it totally could be Rapetosaurus. Which would be really neat to go with their majungasaurus.

You beat me to it. I was thinking the same.

That seems to match one of the three footprints from the teaser:

Since avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector said they represent Theropoda, Ornithischia and Sauropodomorpha, and we've got an idea as to what the sauropodomorph representative will be, what are your predictions for the other two clades?

Since it seems we're getting a four-toed theropod, only two possibilities come to my mind: a therizinosaur or a Spinosaurus. About the ornithischian, considering it has four toes, it might be a ceratopsid or a nodosaurid.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Concavenator on November 13, 2023, 09:38:00 PMSince avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector said they represent Theropoda, Ornithischia and Sauropodomorpha, and we've got an idea as to what the sauropodomorph representative will be, what are your predictions for the other two clades?

Since it seems we're getting a four-toed theropod, only two possibilities come to my mind: a therizinosaur or a Spinosaurus. About the ornithischian, considering it has four toes, it might be a ceratopsid or a nodosaurid.
I doubt it's spinosaurus as they seem to be going for less often produced species, but maybe a closet related taxon like Irritator or icthyovenator which I would really love to see!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: