News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wild Past: New for 2023

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 13, 2023, 05:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

I am going to scream if this is Alamosaurus again
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Perotorum

Could be nemegtosaurus, opistocoeloclaudia, one of MANY South American titanosaurs, A few early late creteacous titanosaurs found in Mongolia or China such as dongbeititan, perhaps the undescribed lithosauria indent from the foremost formation in Alberta, etc.

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 13, 2023, 10:40:55 PMI am going to scream if this is Alamosaurus again

avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 No need to scream :-D

As we are nearing the start of the Kickstarter (I will soon tell the exact date) I will reveal more and more. On friday one of the species will be revealed fully through our Newsletter. I get things sorted step by step and I am really hyped for myself as everything becomes more set. I will answer all questions but here's one task/question for the DTF team: there are 2 topics regarding Wild Past now. One is dedicated to the figures that will be released and one is for the Kickstarter and things get messed up... I'm sorry if my kind of communication made this happen.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 13, 2023, 08:21:49 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 13, 2023, 08:17:06 PMThat's like a mid-sized titanosaurus, something in the neighborhood of Ampelosaurus.
Actually I realized, it totally could be Rapetosaurus. Which would be really neat to go with their majungasaurus.

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 13, 2023, 10:40:55 PMI am going to scream if this is Alamosaurus again

Yeah, I hope it's a titanosaur nobody else has done yet... I want Wild Past to succeed, and I'd hate to see them have to directly compete with both Haolonggood and PNSO. Not that Wild Past can't hold up to them in terms of quality, but the others are almost definitely going to be released first, and people are more likely to buy this one in addition to the others if it's not Alamosaurus.

Fembrogon

If it's smaller than PNSO's model but still 1:35, I'd say it's decidedly not going to be Alamosaurus. As others mentioned on the previous page, it's likely a mid-sized sauropod; I think that means the odds are good this will be a rare or unique toy genus.

Concavenator

I really hope the Plateosaurus we saw here and there makes it into the Kickstarter campaign, at least as a stretch goal (since the sauropodomorph representative already seems to be a titanosaur). It's surprising (to say the least) we haven't got a really good Plateosaurus yet considering how iconic, important and well-known it is, while several fragmentary taxa usually get the spotlight (generally speaking).

postsaurischian

Finally all figures of the current DTF banner have been released :) .

The upcoming Kickstarter campaign intrigues me. I have the sense that it's going to be a hot thing.

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on November 14, 2023, 09:14:17 PMYeah, I hope it's a titanosaur nobody else has done yet... I want Wild Past to succeed, and I'd hate to see them have to directly compete with both Haolonggood and PNSO. Not that Wild Past can't hold up to them in terms of quality, but the others are almost definitely going to be released first, and people are more likely to buy this one in addition to the others if it's not Alamosaurus.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) it's not an Alamosaurus.
The competition is real though. PNSO did an amazing Job over the last couple of years and did species we wanted to do but much faster than us. But! We now are able to compete if the Kickstarter succeeds. We are still serving some niche, so it's not a direct competition regarding the species and when it comes to quality I can promise a similar Standard and that's a big step us for us.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Very good spotting. I will confirm the Plateosaurus as one of the possible stretch goals. The Plateosaurus is long overdue and got some enhancements meanwhile.

One more explanation why I get hyped myself: the production time for each Model is short. We are talking about a release in 3-4 months after a potential campaign success. You all know how long the other models took....

thomasw100

I do not want to be too critical, but what I have seen from Wild Past in terms of sculpting fineness and detail and also the paint application, Wild Past still has to raise their level quite a bit to be able to match with PNSO and Haolonggood.

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: thomasw100 on November 16, 2023, 01:33:03 PMI do not want to be too critical, but what I have seen from Wild Past in terms of sculpting fineness and detail and also the paint application, Wild Past still has to raise their level quite a bit to be able to match with PNSO and Haolonggood.

T @thomasw100
You are allowed to be critical. As artists, we are our own harshest critics. The 4 figures you know so far have their flaws and we are aware of them! That's why we changed the factory which has a lot more experience with what we envision. We totally can match with PNSO and Haolonggood and that is a promise not overestimation of ourselves :)

thomasw100

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on November 16, 2023, 03:01:35 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on November 16, 2023, 01:33:03 PMI do not want to be too critical, but what I have seen from Wild Past in terms of sculpting fineness and detail and also the paint application, Wild Past still has to raise their level quite a bit to be able to match with PNSO and Haolonggood.

T @thomasw100
You are allowed to be critical. As artists, we are our own harshest critics. The 4 figures you know so far have their flaws and we are aware of them! That's why we changed the factory which has a lot more experience with what we envision. We totally can match with PNSO and Haolonggood and that is a promise not overestimation of ourselves :)

Hi there, I did not want to say that Wild Past would not be making good figures, they certainly can match up with Safari, CollectA etc. But for my taste currently PNSO and Haolonggood are at the top in terms of sculpting detail, accuracy and paint application. Of course many resin models and now also 3D printed models are at the same level. Also PNSO and Haolonggood have not always been at this level. They have greatly improved over the years and Wild Past has now the chance to show what they can do. If they manage to make that sauropod they announced really well, it would be a good start.

Concavenator

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Very good news for the paleo figure community if the Plateosaurus is released! Curious to see what it looks like after those enhancements.

And wow, a release in just 3-4 months post-funding is quite the striking difference from the usual Wild Past pace!  :o Could it be that the new figures could even be released around the same time or even before the Majungasaurus?

Also looking forward to that species reveal today!

postsaurischian

Post deleted and moved to the Kickstarter thread. Sorry!

Concavenator

No wonder avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector knew how much we needed a Chasmosaurus! Also, great to see C. russelli, my favorite species of the genus.

If it's released, I will have to part ways with this guy:

Spoiler
[close]

avatar_Sim @Sim Bet this will make you happy!  ;)

Crackington

Just ordered the Scutosaurus from Everything Dinosaur and looking forward to receiving it.

A Plateosaurus would be a great addition to the range.

ceratopsian

My order went in today as well.  A treat in store when it arrives next week!

Quote from: Crackington on November 18, 2023, 02:06:21 PMJust ordered the Scutosaurus from Everything Dinosaur and looking forward to receiving it.

A Plateosaurus would be a great addition to the range.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector hi there! I had a question regarding your 3d printed models available on your site. How does the availability for those work? There are a few of them I'm interested in purchasing, but they're all out of stock. Are any of them coming back or are they gone for good?

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Lil bump in case anyone else knows the answer

Sim

I don't know the answer.  However I would like to say I don't collect 3D printed models and I would very much like to have some of those species as Wild Past main line figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: