News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

I personally
Quote from: Wally-217 on November 23, 2023, 03:39:32 AMI realize this is an immensely specific concern but As someone who's display is firmly cemented at 1/40 scale, I just pray that there's enough wiggle room in the scale. A Brachiosaurus at ~1/35 could pass for a Giraffatitan at ~1/40, likewise a 22m mamenchisaurid at ~1/35 works nicely as a 26m specimen at 1/40, but the opposite is not usually true. My poor W-dragon Giraffatitan looks so out of place.

I personally wouldn't mind if these giant sauropods were 1/40 instead of 1/35. Saves on space and cost obviously, but I'm also not too bothered about exact scale given they're within reasonable size estimates. Moreover, one can't be too picky about large sauropod models afterall given their relative scarcity compared to Tyrannosaurus toy #5270.

SenSx

Wow so many huge Sauropods
It'd great if so, Haolong will show how to do ut even to PNSO.

I'll be getting the Mamenchisaurus for sure if it's 1/35.

I'd be hesitant with the Brachiosaurus, as I already own the W-Dragon Giraffatitan, but I don't know how accurate is such a vertical and flexible neck, could that animal make that slight S form with it ?

I wonder how big the possible Argentinosaurus would be compare to Terra Era Ademar Patagotitan I alwready have.

MLMjp

Haolonggood has some serious b**ls if they are truly making these huge sauropods. FreakinĀ“ Argentinosaurus!? OMG!

Also I really hope that's Brachiosaurus and not Giraffatitan, my second favorite dinosaur could finally have the figure it truly deserves. In fact, I do believe it will be a Brachiosaurus, looking at the head silhouette, to me it resembles more the skull of Brachiosaurus rather than Giraffatitan:

A is Brachiosaurus, B is Giraffatitan:

Quote from: Flaffy on November 23, 2023, 03:56:59 AMI personally
Quote from: Wally-217 on November 23, 2023, 03:39:32 AMI realize this is an immensely specific concern but As someone who's display is firmly cemented at 1/40 scale, I just pray that there's enough wiggle room in the scale. A Brachiosaurus at ~1/35 could pass for a Giraffatitan at ~1/40, likewise a 22m mamenchisaurid at ~1/35 works nicely as a 26m specimen at 1/40, but the opposite is not usually true. My poor W-dragon Giraffatitan looks so out of place.

I personally wouldn't mind if these giant sauropods were 1/40 instead of 1/35. Saves on space and cost obviously, but I'm also not too bothered about exact scale given they're within reasonable size estimates. Moreover, one can't be too picky about large sauropod models afterall given their relative scarcity compared to Tyrannosaurus toy #5270.
I have to agree, even though I'm always advocating for big sauropod figures, a slightly smaller scale it's acceptable for the largest ones, they will still tower over other figures anyway.

Concavenator

Yeah, for sauropods I'd gladly take 1:40 over 1:35. Heck, for some species 1:40 is even too big already, which is probably the reason why the PNSO Alamosaurus isn't in true 1:35 scale.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I imagine all these giant sauropods are awesome news for you.  ;)

thomasw100

Brachiosaurus would be even better than Giraffatitan. The W-Dragon Giraffatitan is fairly good, but for Brachiosaurus we have only the Nanmu model which looks great but is obviously inaccurate.

Indeed Haolonggood is going to take some risk with making several large sauropod models, but I would guess that for example a Mamenchisaurus in 1:35 scale will sell like hot cake in China. It is such an icon of Chinese dinosaurs that any serious collector in China would probably want to get one.

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Faelrin

Wow that's quite unexpected I think. Not the greatest execution (shrinkwrapping, and spikes), but nonetheless a great surprise from them. Colorations continue to impress as usual.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like spikes myself, color is good, head seems a little small? should the lower jaw be thicker than the upper?

Stegotyranno420

Blade-of-the-Moon

SenSx

Super cool release.
We don't have much Baryonyx on the market.
However I might still prefer the Safari
sculpt despite the articulated jaw here and the better colors.

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: Renecito on November 24, 2023, 03:12:17 AMBaryonyx

Good to see that they are (at least partially) deviating from the brown/gray variant trend they had going for the Carnotaurus and Megaraptor. The green version looks especially great! Another step in HLG's trend of improvement in theropods. You love to see it.
* (It's locked.)

Quiversaurus

Wow, finally a Baryonyx! I remember when people were bugging PNSO to make one, and now HLG has delivered yet again. Looks great to me.

Can't wait to see how they look next to PNSO's Suchomimus (:

Edit: Currently drawn more to the dark green one. And I'm especially liking that characteristic large thumb claw too

SenSx

I wonder if there are anymore Haolong surprise releases before the end of the year?

bmathison1972

Nice, but I'll stick with Safari

Jose S.M.

That one actually interests me. I have the Favorite one but it warped to the point it can't stand even on its provided base and also I never got completely into its face. I've been thinking in getting the Safari one but I'll wait to see in hand pictures of these one to decide.

Gwangi

Wally-217

Quote from: Flaffy on November 23, 2023, 03:56:59 AMI personally

I'm definitely still interested in picking some of these up regardless for that very reason. Tempted to make a new display of just sauropods. Soon Haolongood will be offering enough sauropods that I could probably just give them their own display XD

Duna

It's very cool. There are more pictures by Paleofiguras in Facebook, I thought the neck was a bit thin, but it's not, it's very proportionate. A gracile figure.
I'll change my Safari version for one of these, I have to choose which colour ...

Fembrogon

Baryonyx has some pretty good toy representation these days! Nearly all the big brands have done a version of this classic spinosaur now.
I do think this Haolonggood release looks like it could be among the best so far.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: